Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Its time for a truce......

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Indy_Bones"]Perhaps it''s simply that you''re more willing to accept dross than I am as long as the end result is ok...?[/quote]

What I describe as absorbing you describe as dross. And you''re probably correct as you say what you see just as I do.

I love cricket too particularly test matches (which have started today). Many modern fans only want to see one-day games and more recently, the twenty over version. I enjoy all forms of the game but for me, the five day test matches are what cricket is all about and again, totally absorbing. Many would consider them to be ''dross'' and don''t ever consider the technical side of the game but simply want to see a quick ''slog''. I don''t see them as wrong. To each, his own.
[/quote]

Agree with you on this as well lappinitup - some people only like the "attack attack attack" approach to football - as evidenced by their responses when the ball is not always passed forwards - whilst others like a range of approaches sprinkled throughout the game. For example, I thought that RVP''s goal from the long pass against AV was brilliant - it meant that the opposition had to defend against all types of attacks.

(As for cricket - if you''re not watching it, I''ll just say that New Zealand are doing rather well at the moment - the different approaches from all out attack (ala Freddie Flintoff, KP at his fluent best) are tempered with the more cautious approach when required - witness the final day of the 3rd test in Auckland - is what makes it so absorbing)

Jesus people aren''t wanting attack attack attack. Many have said its about a balance but don''t let that get in your way.

Also, Lapps. I watch loads of football. German, Italian, Spanish, South American, local football. I live for it. I get so much enjoyment from it.

At times this year I''ve enjoyed it. More often than not I''d say I''ve been more frustrated than anything. I don''t enjoy being frustrated.

But sir chris has achieved his goal, but I hope for more balance next year and I hope that I get to see an away win!

Of course Jesus people don''t want attack, attack, attack. They''d simply turn the other cheek if attacked.

As for your away win, you need to be allowed out first.....

[quote user="Warren Hill"]Of course Jesus people don''t want attack, attack, attack. They''d simply turn the other cheek if attacked. As for your away win, you need to be allowed out first.....[/quote]

"They''d simply turn the other cheek" - no matter who you are responding to, they''ve got to see the funny side of that! [Y]

[quote user="Warren Hill"]Of course Jesus people don''t want attack, attack, attack. They''d simply turn the other cheek if attacked.

As for your away win, you need to be allowed out first.....[/quote]Haha, fair dues! Divorce started today so i''ll be on the road again (work pending!) Prob explains why ive been so angry!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Divorce started today. Prob explains why ive been so angry![/quote]Ha! I don''t think I dare ask what part Chris Hughton played in your divorce! [*-)][;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="can u sit down please"]Divorce started today. Prob explains why ive been so angry![/quote]Ha! I don''t think I dare ask what part Chris Hughton played in your divorce! [*-)][;)][/quote]Defence lawyer.

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="can u sit down please"]Divorce started today. Prob explains why ive been so angry![/quote]Ha! I don''t think I dare ask what part Chris Hughton played in your divorce! [*-)][;)][/quote]Defence lawyer.[/quote]Instant classic [:D]

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="can u sit down please"]Divorce started today. Prob explains why ive been so angry![/quote]

Ha! I don''t think I dare ask what part Chris Hughton played in your divorce! [*-)]

[;)]
[/quote]

Defence lawyer.
[/quote]

Boom Boom! [;)]

[quote user="ref89"]We stayed up.  With room to spare.  With a poor squad.[/quote]Poor squad?  Slagging off our players now....  [8o|] Who are you kidding.  We stayed up two seasons in a row now, clearly the squad is not as ''ppor'' as you would like to think.  We actually have a far superior squad to last season, which is by no means poor.

[quote user="ABC A Basingstoke Canary"]

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="can u sit down please"]Divorce started today. Prob explains why ive been so angry![/quote]Ha! I don''t think I dare ask what part Chris Hughton played in your divorce! [*-)][;)][/quote]Defence lawyer.[/quote]

Boom Boom! [;)]

[/quote]Its the way i tell them!Lambert wouldve had it sorted by now!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="ref89"]We stayed up.  With room to spare.  With a poor squad.[/quote]Poor squad?  Slagging off our players now....  [8o|] Who are you kidding.  We stayed up two seasons in a row now, clearly the squad is not as ''ppor'' as you would like to think.  We actually have a far superior squad to last season, which is by no means poor.[/quote]Heres a thought. Could you imagine Bassong and Turner in our team last year! We wouldve finished top 8! An upgrade on Whitbread & Ayala.

[quote user="lake district canary"]The argument  that some of us have is that we haven''t been using an overly defensive approach - simply, that the players haven''t been up to playing the style that we all should know is Hughton''s way - a balanced approach.     [/quote]So why was Bassong calling Hughton a defensive manager in a recent interview....

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]In the wake of Brio Ferdinand''s announcement I have to confirm that I am no longer making myself available to play for England.Now back to the "truce" that cusdp so successfully called for...[/quote]

It''s time for you to change your signature!

To lose one argument, Mr. Purple Canary, may be regarded as a misfortune. To lose both looks like carelessness.