Sign in to follow this  
hazza9

Lucas Biglia or Liam Bridcutt??

Given the choice who would people want to see at fortress Carrow Road next season?? I would love to see Biglia here next season, I think that would be a real coup for our club. A £6-7m fee would get him I am led to believe. I am not to sure if Bridcutt would be good enough for us as I believe we''ve got good midfielders in BJ, Howson, Tettey and Surman but we need to take it to the next level and I feel he would fall into that category where he would only add competition. I know adding competition is not a bad thing but I would like a little more quality in there. What are people''s thoughts?

The same Biglia who keeps saying he wants European football (as in Europa at least)?I''d happily have Bridcutt here..in fact, I''d love it

Not that I can comment too much on either player but I would imagine that Biglia is by far a better player than Bridcutt judging on the media attention he seems to get and the clubs supposedly tracking him.

Well Biglia if we had the chance, but I think it unlikely. Would still be very happy with Bridcutt though.

York canary I thought he come out and said he wants to join a bigger league, I can''t find anything saying he isn''t joining anyone who isn''t in Europa league at least. You got a link for this please??

How are these two players mentioned in the same post?

Lucas Biglia all day long...

[quote user="hazza9"]York canary I thought he come out and said he wants to join a bigger league, I can''t find anything saying he isn''t joining anyone who isn''t in Europa league at least. You got a link for this please??[/quote]I honestly couldn''t pull any links out for you buddy, it''s just from the top of my head. I was certain he was eager to only play for teams in Europa at the very least. I thought Liverpool or someone were after him last year as well, but I guess that means nothing as we got RvW at the end of the day and he was linked with everyone. I''d love Biglia here, but I''m still doubtful. I see his price is reportedly about £4.5m though and that would be fantastic business. Bridcutt would probably cost the same and obviously they''re completely different levelsHave we been linked to him again btw? (Biglia)

I recall reading something saying he wants to leave the Belgian league as winning his international starting position back would be impossible without a move.

He would be one hell of a signing for us that''s for sure, however, I imagine he''d be a hell of a signing for a lot of clubs .

Bridcutt would keep things ticking over nicely for us and he''d only get better with prem experience. We could have quite a player on our hands if he makes the step up.

SYG they get brought up in same post as they both play in midfield, both in same holding position, both been linked with us in last 9 months and speculation hasn''t gone away, we need a another midfielder. You need anymore reasons??

Ok not to worry YC thanks anyway. Yeah I know about bigger teams being linked but as you said we all know where RVW will be playing next season : )

Anymore reasons, yes!

It''s like saying, who would you prefer Lewandowski or CMS?! They''re both strikers...

Doing a bit of a disservice to Bridcutt there SYG!!

I''d be happy with either, would choose Biglia over Bridcutt, but Bridcutt seems the much more likely option.

Bridcutt would be a very good signing

How is that even remotely the same SYG. We''ve been linked with these 2 players in a short amount of time.

I would rank Biglia first followed by Bridcutt, but I would welcome either here with welcome arms. two very good players, but I think Biglia does have the upper hand. however we would save money with Bridcutt that we could then go on and spend on the rest of the squad.

Bridcutt is no better than Johnson, so what''s the point in spending the money on him?

I just don''t get why fans have this need for us to sign lower league players, we are one season away from being an established prem club, we have to be aiming higher...

Well that''s your opinion, and one you''re welcome to!

I just don''t see it, Jonno any day for me

[quote user="SYG"]Bridcutt is no better than Johnson, so what''s the point in spending the money on him? I just don''t get why fans have this need for us to sign lower league players, we are one season away from being an established prem club, we have to be aiming higher...[/quote]

I would suggest the Championship is better standard than the Belgium League but that''s just my opinion.

Is a defensive midfielder high on the priority list? I thought Tettey filled those boots last Summer when we were rumoured to be in for Biglia. I would prefer us to be looking at a quality attacking midfielder as competition for Wes.

Hmmmm.

Biglia was linked to us last summer before Tettey was signed and hasn''t been again since.

Bridcutt was rumoured in Jan.

I have only seen Bridcutt play so I''m not sure I can really comment on who is better.

Biglia does seem like a bit of a mercenary though. Despite all of the noises he made last summer none of the teams he was linked with moved for him.

Why do so many fans latch onto these lower league players and think they are the answer?

Whilst I agree that each player will no doubt be fully scouted and watched to see how he will fit the Norwich model, I ask the question to some on here who still keep linking us with the likes of CMS & Birdcutt who are no better from what I have seen than Johnson, Tettey and the likes.

We have a squad of good players, we have 25 slots for next year, we need to replace maybe 6 or so players, we have Martin, Jackson & Vaughan probably departing the front line, with RVW, Becchio and Holt as the three strikers. I''m sure that there will be at least 1 more addition to the front line.

Surman, Fox are probably out the door from our midfield and will be replaced by I hope better than Birdcutt, I mean Fox is a better player in my book from the games I have seen Brighton play and he can''t get in this Norwich side. I do hope that Hughton has someone better than Birdcutt lined up.

From the back it is easy to see that we need to add on the a LB as I think Tierney will be gone and at least 1 CB as I am sure Barnett will also be gone this summer.

But I ask you why are some people still pushing the point for players who will only add to the squad and not push the starting 11. We need players who are proven better than Johnson, Tettey, Becchio and the like so that our depth of squad is improved.

Not forgetting we have Butterfield, Smith Adeyemi and others who are not even in our squad of 25.

I hope that the 25 million budget is used on the best we can get and not wasted on fringe player, but then there are never any guarantees in this game and RVW might turn out to be a flop (I doubt he will be).

Yep I agree Indy we should be looking to take our squad to the next level which means bringing in players better than the likes of our others.

[quote user="Indy"]

Why do so many fans latch onto these lower league players and think they are the answer?

Whilst I agree that each player will no doubt be fully scouted and watched to see how he will fit the Norwich model, I ask the question to some on here who still keep linking us with the likes of CMS & Birdcutt who are no better from what I have seen than Johnson, Tettey and the likes.

We have a squad of good players, we have 25 slots for next year, we need to replace maybe 6 or so players, we have Martin, Jackson & Vaughan probably departing the front line, with RVW, Becchio and Holt as the three strikers. I''m sure that there will be at least 1 more addition to the front line.

Surman, Fox are probably out the door from our midfield and will be replaced by I hope better than Birdcutt, I mean Fox is a better player in my book from the games I have seen Brighton play and he can''t get in this Norwich side. I do hope that Hughton has someone better than Birdcutt lined up.

From the back it is easy to see that we need to add on the a LB as I think Tierney will be gone and at least 1 CB as I am sure Barnett will also be gone this summer.

But I ask you why are some people still pushing the point for players who will only add to the squad and not push the starting 11. We need players who are proven better than Johnson, Tettey, Becchio and the like so that our depth of squad is improved.

Not forgetting we have Butterfield, Smith Adeyemi and others who are not even in our squad of 25.

I hope that the 25 million budget is used on the best we can get and not wasted on fringe player, but then there are never any guarantees in this game and RVW might turn out to be a flop (I doubt he will be).

[/quote]

We base our opinions on the fact we seen them play. The fact they are Foreign does not guarantee they are better than what we have.

[quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"][quote user="Indy"]

[/quote] We base our opinions on the fact we seen them play. The fact they are Foreign does not guarantee they are better than what we have.[/quote]

No one is saying foreign is better, but we are saying that premiership players are also available, Naughton and such like for the right price! We will be debt free and thrid year premeirship, we need to improve on the starting 11 not bolster the squad with player no better than the ones departing.

I don''t see the love afair that some have with Birdcutt, he''s not impressed me that much from the little I have seen on the live games. I bet most peoples idea''s are formed from FM2013.

Just glad that our manager is in charge and if he signs Birdcutt then fine but I hope that he has far better in his sights IMO.

Wasnt it admitted shortly after the biglia rumours that we didn''t even enquire and it was made up by his agent trying to get him a move to another club, one that plays European football?

Can''t see it myself, however would love bridcutt!

The Biglia situation has changed a lot since the summer; last summer he was looking for a move to a team playing European football (thinking he could get a move to someone like Arsenal) but no bids made by that size of team was acceptable to Anderlecht, where he was captain at the time.

In January Southampton made a bid and Biglia made it known he wanted to go, the bid however again wasn''t big enough for Anderlecht''s taste so nothing happend - then Biglia really tried to force the move through, he stopped going to training and basically demanded out. Obviously the move didn''t happen, and Anderlecht imposed a 3-match ban on the player, they also announced that he would be sold in the summer - he later started playing again but never actually apologised.

It seems Biglia got over his dream for European football when it was made pretty clear to him that clubs of that size weren''t particulary interested in him - it has been suggested he only really tried to force the move to Southampton due to Pochettino being there and they are quite close.

Whether he would now consider a move to Norwich is unknown, but I''d put Southampton strong favourites to sign him and wouldn''t be surprised if a deal had already been agreed in principle.

If we had the opportunity to buy just one or the other you would haveto go for the additional experience and proven ability of Biglia over Bridcutts potential.

My view is that we have enough players improving and any signing has to be able to walk straight into the side - many of this years starting 11 need to be nexts years squad players.    I am not sure bridcutt fits that brief.

Strengthen the starting 11 in the summer to avoid the poor performances and run of 3 wins in the last 20 games (maybe just maybe 4 in 21 :-) )  is a must 

Well for me Biglia any day as what we currently lack is proven box to box player.

Howson improved a lot during latter part of the season after getting some gametime, but Biglia for me would slots better in that deep playmaker role

And those who call him mercenary, he has been from 2006 in Anderlecht and in his current age this is last possibility for him to get in bigger leagues and develope as a player. No wonder if he is frustrated for his club asking so big price from him. About Belgian Jupiter league you can ask about Benteke and Lukaku. It is not league full of talent, but there are few diamonds and quality in top teams.

Bridcutt doesnt really offer anything what we have already . I have seen him play only few times, but cant get it why he is so hyped. Johnson would do same any day on defensive side and Hoolahan and Howson outplays him in advanced positions. Ofc with right price and some middlefielders moving out, he would give us some depth and if we change our formation from 4-2-3-1 there could be room for a allrounder as him.

Anyway from these two I would take Biglia

[quote user="Lavanche"]Well for me Biglia any day as what we currently lack is proven box to box player.

, but Biglia for me would slots better in that deep playmaker role  [/quote]

So is Biglia a box-to-box player or is he a deep playmaker?