Sign in to follow this  
stewfil

Lambert's signings for Villa

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="STAN"]can u sit down please was forwarded "the list"[/quote]

He was asked to approve it.

[/quote]Check my accuracy throughout the years.[/quote]

Regardless of whether he was on the list or not, there is no way Norwich could have afforded the £7m for him and I doubt Benteke would have wanted to join Norwich.

I think it is more the increase in stature rather than the increase in money that attracted Lambert to Villa.

[/quote]But yet we have spent £9m on RVW out of this seasons budget......Bassong is on similar wages to Benteke imo. BAssong was from Spurs, Benteke, Genk. Both played Champions Lge.Lambert has also cut Villa''s wage bill by 30% acc to their supporters so he cant be on a bank breaking amount.[/quote]

I think that is a case that the Sky money is drip-feed on monthly payments - that cash wasn''t there in the summer to spend but possibly was by January (I also think the budget was increased on the fact Norwich looked pretty safe by Christmas).

Even if the money was there last summer (which I doubt). I really don''t think Benteke would have joined Norwich.

[/quote]

On the contrary, Bethnal. I don''t know if the budget was increased but the fact that we made in January (when prices are high) two £7m bids was almost certainly because deep down we didn''t think we were safe!

[/quote]

Wasn''t the £7m a number made up by a fake Twitter account? So much drama this January I can''t remember what is true or not anymore.

[/quote]

No, Bethnal. It was officially from McNally that we had made separate bids for two unnamed (players (presumably RVW and Hooper) that were both double our record fee. He didn''t say £7m but I think it is generally accepted our record was - until RVW more recently - £3.5m. If the record was already higher than £3.5m then that figure of £7m would become £8m or £9m or £10m or whatever.

To be honest though, with the current setup, I doubt any manger is the sole person who chooses which players to buy. The days of it being left in the hands of a Peter Grant or a Bryan Gunn are long gone.