Sign in to follow this  
Renskay

Arouna Kone release clause of £6.5m

Delta you''ve took your opinion too far now by saying he doesn''t want to be here and he will be sold in the summer. When has Grant actually come out and said he doesn''t want to be here?? He doesn''t show that attitude on the pitch either, he gives 100% all the time. I''m not just sticking up for Holt because he''s one of my favourite players I''m sticking up for him because he is still quality at what he does. Must be kept for next season and Hughton has come out and said that he is still a key player!

I agree with Delta. Hasn''t been at his peak fitness all season, has looked lazy at times (Villa 2nd goal), and was absolutely pathetic with his petulance when he was forced onto the bench by Kamara.

I love the man and all he''s done for the club, and I do appreciate that he is a quality striker, but I''d prefer to have an option in Kone if Holt were to regress further.

He''s proven that he can excel in the Premier League in his maiden season, can really fuckin strike a ball, and has great footwork.

Also, worth mentioning, the valuation came from Tribal Football, so is most likely nonsense. He could also have a relegation clause.

[quote user="hazza9"]Delta you''ve took your opinion too far now by saying he doesn''t want to be here and he will be sold in the summer. When has Grant actually come out and said he doesn''t want to be here?? He doesn''t show that attitude on the pitch either, he gives 100% all the time. I''m not just sticking up for Holt because he''s one of my favourite players I''m sticking up for him because he is still quality at what he does. Must be kept for next season and Hughton has come out and said that he is still a key player![/quote]

I know he won''t be here next year, and that is mainly because he doesn''t want to be here, bit also because the management team want better

" He doesn''t show that attitude on the pitch either, he gives 100% all the time."

Oh come on!

The Grant Holt we saw against WBA was the one I''d love to see every week. He was an absolute terror, and he seemed to have regained the footballing brain he always seemed to have. In the weeks leading up to that game he was a shadow of that player. Especially when he didn''t start and came on as a sub. He was half hearted and didn''t look all that bothered. Just look at Villa''s winner. The ball was there to be won in the centre circle. Instead of his usual full blooded effort, he wafted a leg out and they took the ball and scored. His first touch and general standard of football has been questionable by his previous standards at times this season.

If we see the Holt from the WBA game next season then I''m more than happy to see him play a big part next season, but we can''t afford to have passengers, and I''m sorry to say that''s what he''s seemed to be at times this season.

[quote user="QHcanary"]" He doesn''t show that attitude on the pitch either, he gives 100% all the time."

Oh come on!

The Grant Holt we saw against WBA was the one I''d love to see every week. He was an absolute terror, and he seemed to have regained the footballing brain he always seemed to have. In the weeks leading up to that game he was a shadow of that player. Especially when he didn''t start and came on as a sub. He was half hearted and didn''t look all that bothered. Just look at Villa''s winner. The ball was there to be won in the centre circle. Instead of his usual full blooded effort, he wafted a leg out and they took the ball and scored. His first touch and general standard of football has been questionable by his previous standards at times this season.

If we see the Holt from the WBA game next season then I''m more than happy to see him play a big part next season, but we can''t afford to have passengers, and I''m sorry to say that''s what he''s seemed to be at times this season.[/quote]

I am not using this as an anti-Holt argument, but it would have been hard to look anything but impressive against WBA! That was the single most abject performance I have seen from an away team in the top flight (so including the old First Division) at Carrow Road. Quite the worst.

"I am not using this as an anti-Holt argument, but it would have been hard to look anything but impressive against WBA! That was the single most abject performance I have seen from an away team in the top flight (so including the old First Division) at Carrow Road. Quite the worst."

Oh god, don''t get me wrong here, I agree completely. I commented during the game that it was one of (if not THE) worst performance I''d ever seen from a visiting team at Carrow Rd. It was a lesson in ineptitude.

That doesn''t change the fact that Holt''s performance was far better than we''d seen in previous weeks. The attitude, work rate and standard of football was far higher.