Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

"If we win, were on the pitch"

they were on the pitchbut that was many years ago

[quote user="SUPER YELLOW CANARY "]

What a stupid post,

Did you not see the line of police and stewards?

[/quote]

What a stupid chant? Did they not expect declaring they''d go on the pitch would produce a police presence? If they truly wanted to go on the pitch they''d have kept schtum and just legged it on at the end. False bravado knowing that by singing about it, ultimately it would get stopped by the police.

You can''t warn someone you''re going to do something you shouldn''t and then be surprised they put stuff in place to stop you.

(for the record I don''t have a problem with pitch invasions)

Which again just takes away from the raw emotion that used to lead to such outlays of sheer joy!

"We''re gonna do this completely spontaneous thing, but we''ll make sure we plan it first."

At least they were singing for 90mins.

So what if they don''t follow through on the chant.

Can you imagine what would happen if they started singing ''Always s*!t on the old blue and white'' and then proceeded to pull out replica shirts and, well, you know?!!!

What a very daft and silly criticism.

They usually sing this at every end of season game. And bar one or two a few seasons back, no one has ever made it on to the pitch. Typical Snakepit really, all bravado. Looking forward to when the City stand gets knocked down and the end of the Snakepit.

Why is it even called the snake pit?

Is it to make its residents seem more fearsome?

It sounds rather sad to me, I think we should probably drop the name and call it something more pleasant and friendly like Delias den or maybe auntie Delias end.

Any thoughts or suggestions on possible new names which doesn''t sound as sad as SNAKE PIT.

[quote user="Bert sneakers"]Why is it even called the snake pit?

Is it to make its residents seem more fearsome?

It sounds rather sad to me, I think we should probably drop the name and call it something more pleasant and friendly like Delias den or maybe auntie Delias end.

Any thoughts or suggestions on possible new names which doesn''t sound as sad as SNAKE PIT.[/quote]How about Bert the bell-end end?

Let''s be Avin you terrace?

F off Levi you know nothing.

Snake pit !!! Really? Don''t let the away supporters know its called that, it''s embarrassing.

I love Norwich city but that really makes me cringe.

Sorry I just think its sad

[quote user="Bert sneakers"]Let''s be Avin you terrace?

F off Levi you know nothing.

Snake pit !!! Really? Don''t let the away supporters know its called that, it''s embarrassing.

I love Norwich city but that really makes me cringe.

Sorry I just think its sad[/quote]I know that you are a total bell-end and a fen-gibbon to boot! and btw KMAYC! [;)]

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]What surprised me was that when the players came out for their lap of whatever, the Snakepit was more than half empty.[/quote]

Trying to miss the traffic

Its a song sung as a joke to wind up the stewards and police.

Never fails to amaze me how some of our fans take everything literally or how little knowledge they seem to have of football culture and the sort of banter that takes place on the terraces.

We used to sing "on the pitch, on the pitch, on the pitch" at the back of the Barclay for years in the same way even though everyone knew there was no chance of getting on the pitch (or the Barclay even attempting it).

A lot in the Lower Barclay refer to it as the Chav Pit, but give them credit, they do make the noise......best chant this year -------"Pulis you look like a Chav....."

Best chant of recent years (a good few years back now), that poor Reading left back - "One Jimmy Saville"

We have''nt got the fan base to run on the pitch!! if you take out the Half-Halfy Scarf wearers, the Glory Hunters who know nothing about Norwich City F.C, The old age pensioners who get shown every week on MOTD, that leaves a small pocket of fans in Lower Barclay and the Snake Pit, who are monitored by Police and Stewards!!

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]What surprised me was that when the players came out for their lap of whatever, the Snakepit was more than half empty.[/quote]

Trying to miss the traffic[/quote]

Perhaps.

But, given that we are constantly lectured about how the Snakepit is where the true fans are and how the rest of us are no marks, why did they not stay to make some noise for their team?

OP - I don''t think you should take some of these chants so literally. I bet most of them have never shot a burglar either.

[quote user="tele"]OP - I don''t think you should take some of these chants so literally. I bet most of them have never shot a burglar either.[/quote]

Tony Martin doesn''t even shoot em anymore. Where are our role models going?