Sign in to follow this  
Barclaybred

Am I right in thinking...

"WE STILL PREMIER LEAGUE SAY WE STILL PREMIER"

:) :) :) Sorry about that, it just hit me again! And the 100 mill and having the best chairman and board and owner and manager AND BEST YOUTH TEAM IN THE WORLD!

Nah.

I hear we''re going to be docked 10 points for admin. And will then start on -50 in Championship. Chelsea have signed all our youth players in retaliation to losing, Hughton will pit forward his new 9-1-0 formation, and McNally is off to Swansea with My Bradley :(

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Nah. I hear we''re going to be docked 10 points for admin. And will then start on -50 in Championship. Chelsea have signed all our youth players in retaliation to losing, Hughton will pit forward his new 9-1-0 formation, and McNally is off to Swansea with My Bradley :([/quote]

That confirms what I''ve heard![;)]

And we''re about to sign CMS for £53 Million.

We originally offered £50 Million, but Brighton held out for extra. McNally, not knowing how football negotiations are done, simply paid whatever Brighton asked for.

Way to kill some ones buzz!

On the subject of that 100 mill, reading an old away program from 1972 against Leeds ,in the prog there is an article about the record tv/ fa pool/ league cup pool, which each of the 92 league clubs will receive £16,474 compared to the 71/72 previous season where the figure was £13,305.....

Does anyone how much £16 thou equates to today''s money?

And interesting to learn that every team got the same share out! From champions to relegation of the lowest league.

[quote user="Eadienhucks"]Way to kill some ones buzz!

On the subject of that 100 mill, reading an old away program from 1972 against Leeds ,in the prog there is an article about the record tv/ fa pool/ league cup pool, which each of the 92 league clubs will receive £16,474 compared to the 71/72 previous season where the figure was £13,305.....

Does anyone how much £16 thou equates to today''s money?

And interesting to learn that every team got the same share out! From champions to relegation of the lowest league.[/quote]

During 1971-2 season we signed David Cross for a club record fee of £40,000. So that figure of £16,000 equates to just under half of the amount of our record transfer fee at the time.

Seems like another world!!

[quote user="Gingerpele"] My Bradley :([/quote]

[img]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/051/726/17-i-lol.jpg?1318992465[/img]

That seems so unfair every team got 16 thou what ever division they were in! The article did go on to say the top teams in division one also got the lucrative money from playing in Europe, which was not divided.

What I can gather,is all gate money in cups and league went into a pool and at the end of the season was shared out equally?! Sooooo wrong!

if you got gates of 20,30 thou and another team got gates of 2,3 thou that would''ve ahem me off.

Very nice to know I provide a source of humour for you Banana. Although I can''t gain to much pleasure from pleasing such a simple mind...