Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Why doesn't the club cater to large fans!

Stig displays some more of his blind ignorance while BW''s cat expects an apology for being called out on his words. Carry on guys...laughable. Goodnight.

"and then there are people who have gained weight from medical conditions, such as on here, who would, do, and should, find a thread like this incredibly offensive."

If your bringing on about your own condition, you should deal with it. Sorry, I think thats how it works. If you have something as you listed above then of course you must make exceptions. There is no blame in any of those reasons.

Besides, your talking about big boned people, I''m talking about those who keep eating and eating, then get confused and annoyed when they can''t fit into the clubs shirt limit. I know it''s not easy to lose weight. But it can be done with a little motivation and elbow grease.

I have not been "called out". You accused me of discriminating against the overweight. You have yet to show me an example of this.

I can assure your not alone in having a good chuckle tonight. It''s people like you that make me recognise i''m quite lucky to not think in your rather primitive mindsets.

"Oh no a controversial/sensitive topic, the OP must be a bigot because he said fat people should make themselves better. Now I will use ad homs and get confused when he returns insults. Kthxbai"

BW, shouldn''t everyone make themselves better?

perhaps the club shouldn''t sell shirts to people unless they can run a mile in 7 minutes or less, and can bench 70 kilos 12 times?

I assure you, making docile people aware of themselves and their conditioned deficiencies is in no way "blind ignorance". I may well have said it in a rather distasteful (no pun intended) manner but I would rather, as mentioned, not beat around the bush. Now stop making it personal, I am showing little to no ignorance and I am the one actually conveying an opinion on the matter with reasoned debate. Would you care to do the same or throw words around petulantly and then storm off? 

[quote user="Javier''s Deaf Translator"]BW, shouldn''t everyone make themselves better?

perhaps the club shouldn''t sell shirts to people unless they can run a mile in 7 minutes or less, and can bench 70 kilos 12 times?
Again with the out-of-whack comparisons. No one is demanding a fitness test, but when you can''t fit in the biggest shirt size they do, you''ve got problems only you can sort out.

"BW, shouldn''t everyone make themselves better? "

Oh yes, I agree entirely. As a diabetic myself I only wish to make myself as fit as possible.

But regarding shirts, size does matter ( not bigoted, it''s true), not smoking, drink or other unhealthy habits.

I think unhealthy should certainly be discouraged, yes, but when it comes to the topic on hand what your saying is irrelevant. Size matters regarding shirts.

"Again with the out-of-whack comparisons. No one is demanding a fitness test, but when you can''t fit in the biggest shirt size they do, you''ve got problems only you can sort out."

Again, I agree with stig.

"You''re discriminating against people based on their weight. If you were

doing the same based on the colour of their skin, or their religious

beliefs, or their nationality you''d be in hot water"

err noFolk on here are commenting on one facet of a person being fat. They cannot fit in a club replica shirt and no blaming others for your condition will alter that fact, as withdon''t you oppress me

This is not discrimination and you are no better than wiz for playing the victim card and trying to twist this thread into some kind of personal vendetta against yourself. It is not.Likewise, posting up threatening remarks about what can be said on a forum or elsewhere isolates you even further in this debateSo get off your high horse, stop throwing your weight around and stop hiding behind some fabricated offence. It is an insult to those who genuinely suffer from discrimination and the hatred (and often consequent action) that goes with such behaviour.

Headlines from the latest report on UK obesity and diet:

·         The proportion of adults with a normal BMI decreased between 1993 and 2011 from 41 per cent to 34 per cent among men and from 50 per cent to 39 per cent among women.

·         The proportion that were overweight including obese  increased from 58 per cent to 65 per cent in men and from 49 per cent to 58 per cent in women between 1993 and 2011

·         There was a marked increase in the proportion of adults that were obese from 13 per cent in 1993 to 24 per cent in 2011 for men and from 16 per cent to 26 per cent for women.

While statistics can always be twisted it''s hard to argue that the western world isn''t getting fatter. BMI is an imperfect system but it does give a fairly good indication. There are of course medical reasons why some suffer from being overweight but I think it would be hard to argue against the fact that these are exceptions not the rule.

I''m overweight at the minute, I can tell I am, and it''s simply because I''ve been eating crap and not exercising enough. Of course this isn''t everyone who''s overweights issue, but it is the majority and it''s something that''s getting worse. Its also causing a massive drain on the NHS because of associated health problems.

It is of course offensive to single out a group of society for any reason and to abuse or persecute them, however to suggest that the majority of overweight people are not at fault for their situation is ignoring a rising and significant problem that can be tackled easily in the majority if cases.

My god, some of the stuff written in this thread is pretty distasteful

"People should lose the weight just so they can fit into the shirt"

How idealistic. If life was that simple. If only. So many reasons why people are overweight; genetics, depression, an illness, drugs. You might think these people are lazy, but more often then not the problems lurk far deeper under the surface, you can''t judge soley on appearances. It takes a lot more than the want of wearing a Norwich City football shirt for these people to be able to lose the weight. If it''s physiological, then it might be incredibly difficult. If it''s psychological then perhaps a therapist/counsellor is needed (although that is hard on the NHS due to long waiting lists and limited number of allocated sessions of CBT). We live in a pretty sick society, the UK has somewhat high rates of depression compared other countries which are continually on the rise every year. Coincidently there is a strong correlation with obesity being on the rise.

Next time an overweight person sits next to you, perhaps have an open mind and consider that that person could be sad, lonely, have depression, an illness, a genetic disorder or whatever that is causing their obesity or behaviour. Some empathy couldn''t go amiss instead of feeling disgusted by them. Yes you might think they''re lazy, but I have overweight friends who appear lazy on the surface, but dig a little deeper with their psychology and something is missing inside.

Well done Loopzilla for standing your ground, I agree with what you have said although I think you''re fighting a losing battle on here.

From an underweight skinny 6 footer.

Seriously if you can''t get into a 3XL you should consider loosing some weight.. Can you fit through the turnstiles?!

*ALSO* Please refrain from buying a ST next to me.

I mean i''m far from having a beach body but this seasons large fitted me comfortably!

Indeed Josh. These people are happy to throw around offensive terms describing fat people as a whole as lazy, grotesque, gut-buckets, monsters, blubber blokes, wasters, warts, lardies, lardlads, slobs and so on. Then almost comically feign incredulity when someone takes offence and then claim they are doing it for the good of fat people everywhere! My question asking them if they would talk to someone in person in that manner is then twisted into threatening behaviour, or conversely I''m playing the victim card. Oh, and they really don''t like the use of the word bigot, despite displaying bigoted behaviour throughout the thread, but are nonetheless happy to throw around insults and ignorant "advice" like confetti. Still, you''re quite right, I''m wasting my time, better to leave them to it. In my line of work I''m used to conversing with far more intelligent and erudite people, and this whole episode merely reminds why I so seldom bother posting on here.

Hello, I''m a sensitive fat person. Every home game I demolish a morrisons big breakfast before purchasing a whole chicken and wedges as a pre match snack, washing it all down with 3L of coke.

I retreat inside at half time before putting back 2 cornish pasties and 5 mars bars.

By 90 minutes I''m dribbling at the thought of the burger van, it''s a tradition you see, as such a valued customer I get free bacon on my 1/2 pounder.

After the marathon of a walk back to county hall a refuel is a must, fish and chips is always next on the agenda.

A pack of custard creams as a light bed time snack and i''m ready to log on the pink''un..

"it''s not my fault i''m fat you racists"

Anyway it''s time for some more online shopping, just purchased some 4XL t-shirts from house of fraser.

"Indeed Josh. These people are happy to throw around offensive terms describing fat people as a whole as lazy, grotesque, gut-buckets, monsters, blubber blokes, wasters, warts, lardies, lardlads, slobs and so on. "

The language being used is a means of saying how disgusting the habit of constantly consuming food is. Regarding peoples personality I have no problem with them, why should I?

"Then almost comically feign incredulity when someone takes offence and then claim they are doing it for the good of fat people everywhere! "

So losing weight isn''t a good thing for a fat person?

"My question asking them if they would talk to someone in person in that manner is then twisted into threatening behaviour, or conversely I''m playing the victim card"

You asked me if I would say these things in real life. I would. Why does it matter? Why do you keep bleating on about this? You are playing the victim card! You keep squealing bigot in practically every post without any actual evidence to the accusation.

"Oh, and they really don''t like the use of the word bigot, despite displaying bigoted behaviour throughout the thread, but are nonetheless happy to throw around insults and ignorant "advice" like confetti. "

No, I don''t like the use of the word bigot. In it self the word is offensive and it being applied to me is incorrect. I have not discriminated against larger people. You keep saying this but you have yet to show me proof. Happy to throw insults? Considering you started it by saying that me, stig and city1st (stig and city1st are respectable people IRL i''m sure) are bigots. You also had a go at me and said I was a bit thick.

"Still, you''re quite right, I''m wasting my time, better to leave them to it. In my line of work I''m used to conversing with far more intelligent and erudite people, and this whole episode merely reminds why I so seldom bother posting on here. "

I''m sorry what was that?

"In my line of work I''m used to conversing with far more intelligent and erudite people"

But what were you crying about earlier?

"...but are nonetheless happy to throw around insults..."

Pot, kettle, black.

[quote user="STAN"]Hello, I''m a sensitive fat person. Every home game I demolish a morrisons big breakfast before purchasing a whole chicken and wedges as a pre match snack, washing it all down with 3L of coke.

I retreat inside at half time before putting back 2 cornish pasties and 5 mars bars.

By 90 minutes I''m dribbling at the thought of the burger van, it''s a tradition you see, as such a valued customer I get free bacon on my 1/2 pounder.

After the marathon of a walk back to county hall a refuel is a must, fish and chips is always next on the agenda.

A pack of custard creams as a light bed time snack and i''m ready to log on the pink''un..

"it''s not my fault i''m fat you racists"

Anyway it''s time for some more online shopping, just purchased some 4XL t-shirts from house of fraser.[/quote]
erm...quite.
Thank you for unwittingly reinforcing my point. With this I really must let it go now and leave you to play with Stig, City1st and BW''s Cat. You''re on each others wavelengths.

There''s nothing worse than a fat person that''s sensitive about being fat.

My best mates fat, he''s accepted that, he loves his food, he can laugh at himself, and will join in with the occasional banter he gets..

If you take offense to being called fat, you''re obviously not happy with your weight, and if you''re not happy in yourself you should do something about it..

"Thank you for unwittingly reinforcing my point. With this I really must let it go now and leave you to play with Stig, City1st and BW''s Cat. You''re on each others wavelengths."

Why is it that when I look at this post, I can only image a factory worker looking at the goods along the conveyer belt, and saying "nope, that ones bad" if he doesn''t like it?

You''ve got yourself into a defensive position (by calling us bigots) because it is easier to make an argument from an "oppressed" point of view. For someone who keeps saying I have low intelligence I think that you playing on such a basic argument is quite funny.

"Fat people should cut down on weight"

"''elp! I''m being oppressed!"

[quote user="STAN"]Hello, I''m a sensitive fat person. Every home game I demolish a morrisons big breakfast before purchasing a whole chicken and wedges as a pre match snack, washing it all down with 3L of coke.

A pack of custard creams as a light bed time snack[/quote]It''s this sort of response that frustrating a number of posters (myself included).There''s this ridiculous perception that overweight people simply spend all day stuffing down garbage, when in actual fact this is often a million miles from the truth.Let me just point something out and see if this makes some of you think a bit harder about what you''re saying.The recommended calorie intake for the average UK male in order to maintain their weight is 2500 calories, and anything over this on a consistent basis will lead to weight gain. So we take an average guy and instead of steadfastly sticking to this daily limit, he adds a single bag of crisps on top - not a rack of lamb, not an entire chocolate fudge cake and certainly not the complete contents of a burger van, but a single bag of crisps.At the end of a year that guy will have put on a full stone in weight because of that single pack of crisps extra per day! If he then did this over a 10-15 year period you could see a 10-15 stone weight increase at the end!This is not someone sat endlessly eating at McDonalds or washing down their Pizza with a bucket of Lard, this is an average guy who may eat normal, healthy food throughout the day, but by simply going over his calorie intake slightly each day because of a single pack of crisps - he becomes fat.Now the simple answer that I''m expecting to hear is "Well, don''t eat that bag of crisps then" (or words to that effect), and that would be a fair and sensible thing to say, but what I''m trying to point out is that a large amount of ''fat'' people haven''t got that way through ridiculous and excessive eating (though I''ll happily admit that there a number of people who have done) of pure junk food, they could simply have had slightly bigger portions, an extra bag of crisps or even an extra coke on a regular basis and BOOM! - FAT.Ok, now we''ve finished that little example, let''s go back to the main point of the thread. It may well be true that a large percentage of overweight people have made themselves that way and that it would benefit their health if they tried to change this, but refusing to provide large enough clothing is not the means to acheive this. I myself am currently on a weight loss programme at RIO (Rotherham Institute for Obesity), and in the last 3 months I''ve dropped just over a stone in weight. I''m not looking for praise for this (after all I got myself into this shape), but neither should I get horribly stereotyped views about how I conduct my lifestyle when in truth I now eat LESS than the recommended daily calorie intake and am taking active steps to get into a better shape and health.But, overweight people need to dress like anyone else does, and if all clothing manufacturers took the stance that some are displaying in this thread, then we''d all be walking around naked (or wearing duvets or clown tents as has been suggested)! I can order clothes online, I can walk into a ''big and tall'' shop in town and get clothes, I can go to a tailor if I want and get clothes in my size, but when I ask to be able to buy a shirt to show my allegiance to my football club, I instead get derided and basically told I don''t deserve a shirt until I weigh less.This is what I take issue with. I''m not asking to change the world, I''m not asking for peace in Syria or for petrol to go down to a sensible price. I''m not asking for it to be easier for first-time buyers to get on the property ladder or for the goverment to provide work out of thin air for millions of UK citizens. All I''m asking for is, whether the football club I support can consider making some larger sized shirts, so that people of my size and shape can support them both financially and visually, instead of receiving a lecture about obestity or getting snide remarks about how many pies people mistakenly think I consume each hour (I''m not a big pie fan tbh).I genuinely don''t think that this is asking too much, and IMHO, if it is - then society really has gone to the dogs...

Sorry but most days I eat more than I should, the difference between me and someone that cant fit into a 3XL shirt is more than a packet of crisps..

Have you ever seen supersize vs super skinny? The fat one is always in denial about how much they eat, they''re normally horrified when there weekly food intake is placed on a table in front of them.

But if you''re sure this is the cause I recommend walkers lights.

[quote user="STAN"]Sorry but most days I eat more than I should, the difference between me and someone that cant fit into a 3XL shirt is more than a packet of crisps..

Have you ever seen supersize vs super skinny? The fat one is always in denial about how much they eat, they''re normally horrified when there weekly food intake is placed on a table in front of them.[/quote]Tell you what pal, you go argue with science and nutrionists then, because I know who''s going to come out on top in THAT debate.As for the programme you mention, it highlights extremes at both ends of the scale, and certainly NOT your ''average'' Fat/Thin person...

[quote user="STAN"]But if you''re sure this is the cause I recommend walkers lights.[/quote]You''re just trying to be a troll now.It doesn''t matter WHAT you eat if it takes you over your recommended intake - be it a couple of apples or a slice of cake, so the troll point you are trying to make is moot...

haha, whilst that extra packet of crisps may cause a small weight gain, it''s not the cause for 10+ stone of excess flub.

Extremes? Some of the fat people on there really aren''t overly huge, far from the extreme end of the scale anyway.

And just to back up my assertions here''s a couple of links which demonstrate the point I''m making about going over a standard calorie intake:[url]http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman/4506545/How-drinking-a-glass-of-wine-adds-up-to-piling-on-a-stone-a-year.html[/url][url]http://www.realfitness.org/2011/07/how-bad-are-crisps/[/url]There are shedloads more out there which show the same if you actually want to look further as well.

I stand by my point, if you can''t fit in a 3XL shirt you should seriously consider a diet and some exercise..

Most designers don''t offer shirts bigger than XL, so just buy a scarf and be happy, that''ll give you an extra £35 for the burger van as well..

win win.

[quote user="STAN"]haha, whilst that extra packet of crisps may cause a small weight gain, it''s not the cause for 10+ stone of excess flub.[/quote]I''m done trying to debate with you, especially when I''ve already shown how that can happen in my earlier post, but as you''re either too stubborn, ignorant or stupid to actually read it correctly, it appears I''m wasting my time even trying.Now I''m sure there''s an overweight guy on the street you''d be much happier abusing instead of trying to argue science and nutrition on this thread...so kindly do one...