Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Why doesn't the club cater to large fans!

[quote user="djc"]Actually, fat people do indirectly owe us, the obesity issue is becoming an burden on NHS resources and funding.[/quote]It''s still a lot bloody less than is spent daily on dealing with people suffering from one form of alcohol related problem or another, but I don''t see anyone rushing out demanding pubs be closed because of all the ''drunken w@nkers'' that populate them...

"You can argue that perhaps it is mental health issues, or any other number of things but at the end of the day the majority of fat people I''ve had the pleasure of meeting have usually been that way because of diet and lifestyle. Anyone with exceptional circumstances is obviously not being targeted by my thoughts on this issue. So please, do not blame the club for your (poor) decision making."

This sums it up with me. Unless theres other reasons, your weight is because of YOU. Don''t blame the club if they can''t fit you in their shirts (which look kind of ironic on a obese person anyway).

The worst thing is people are going to think what I just said was offensive, but it''s true.

[quote user="City1st"]"You plainly do not go through life talking to people the same way you do on here."

err, methinks rather different 
Yeah...yes, of course you do.
but you carry on with your assumptions, if it helpsrather distract from the OP doesn''t itThe OP that asserts that anyone unable to buy an NCFC shirt to fit should take up jogging?
Sure - I''ll take up jogging when you take up cognitive behavioural therapy. [/quote]

[quote user="BWs Cat "]"You can argue that perhaps it is mental health issues, or any other number of things but at the end of the day the majority of fat people I''ve had the pleasure of meeting have usually been that way because of diet and lifestyle. Anyone with exceptional circumstances is obviously not being targeted by my thoughts on this issue. So please, do not blame the club for your (poor) decision making."

This sums it up with me. Unless theres other reasons, your weight is because of YOU. Don''t blame the club if they can''t fit you in their shirts (which look kind of ironic on a obese person anyway).

The worst thing is people are going to think what I just said was offensive, but it''s true.[/quote]
"The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract." Holmes, Oliver Wendell.

[quote user="BWs Cat "]Yes,telling fat people to lose weight is bigotry. How silly of me.[/quote]Telling them they don''t deserve a shirt until they lose weight is however, much like your comments about how a shirt should be seen as a ''prize'' for losing weight...

We all have our problems.  Some are overweight, some drink too much, some are on drugs, some are selfish, some are mean and nasty, some are just lazy.     Overweight people are sometimes overweight because of their metabolism and/or genetics - they can''t change that - so that is why it is offensive to suggest someone stops eating pies and that will solve their problem - because we just don''t know.   What is offensive to me is not fat people.  Offensive is people who think they are better because they aren''t fat or don''t drink or don''t smoke etc etc.  

If you think you are better than an overweight person or better than a drunk or a smoker, look deep down and you will find something in yourself that isn''t ideal.  Maybe you''re addicted to having a negative outlook on life or addicted to a  messageboard [:O] or  maybe you pick on someone at work or bully your employees. None of us is perfect and  we all have our problems.   

I once said to my other half that maybe she could lose a little weight and she would feel better.........................I don''t recommend that course of action either [:(]. 

[quote user="BWs Cat "]Yes,telling fat people to lose weight is bigotry. How silly of me.[/quote]
I suggest you look up bigotry in a dictionary and consider how it might apply to some of the posts on this ill-conceived thread. No, of course you''re right, silly of me to object to the OP and the various offensive and self-righteous diatribe against "fat" people that followed. 
I''ll join in: Oh wait, telling dumb people to think harder is a waste of bloody time. How silly of me...

[quote user="BWs Cat "]Not even telling, suggesting to be honest.[/quote]
Oh wait...he''s found reverse gear. C''mon...back-up, back-up, loads of room here.

[quote user="lake district canary"]We all have our problems.  Some are overweight, some drink too much, some are on drugs, some are selfish, some are mean and nasty, some are just lazy.     Overweight people are sometimes overweight because of their metabolism and/or genetics - they can''t change that - so that is why it is offensive to suggest someone stops eating pies and that will solve their problem - because we just don''t know.   What is offensive to me is not fat people.  Offensive is people who think they are better because they aren''t fat or don''t drink or don''t smoke etc etc.  

If you think you are better than an overweight person or better than a drunk or a smoker, look deep down and you will find something in yourself that isn''t ideal.  Maybe you''re addicted to having a negative outlook on life or addicted to a  messageboard [:O] or  maybe you pick on someone at work or bully your employees. None of us is perfect and  we all have our problems.   

I once said to my other half that maybe she could lose a little weight and she would feel better.........................I don''t recommend that course of action either [:(]. 

[/quote]
[Y]

City1st "but I would still say lighten up a bit

........... or perhaps not given the circumstances".

Lollage, honestly some things you say are, well, I won''t go there, but that did make me chuckle.

The main point here rather than whether or not the chubsters should get on the slimfast is about the attitude that somehow the club is some sort of caring charity.

If its not financially profitable to make bigger size shirts, then thats kinda tough I''m afraid.

[quote user="morty"]If its not financially profitable to make bigger size shirts, then thats kinda tough I''m afraid.[/quote]And how do you know it''s not financially profitable Morty?In reality it would probably take very little for the club to find out potential guideline numbers of how many would be interested in a larger size, they could even then halve this number, agree a short run of this amount with Errea and work out the price difference for these bigger shirts (based on more material and smaller run costs).I''ve seen other clubs doing up to 8XL in the past, most of which have come at a £10 higher price tag due to this and I think you''ll find that pretty much any ''oversized'' fan who wants a shirt is happy to pay the premium rather than simply miss out.To me it simply seems like they''d rather just ignore this potential revenue stream than put a bit of time into finding out it''s overall viability and expected costs and supply/demand requirements. If this was done with due diligence and the results then found out that it wasn''t a justifiable option financially, then I''d accept the hard truth and have to deal with it and accept that the club had at least tried to help here, but there''s absolutely no indication that this is the case and until it is, then I think it''s perfectly reasonable to be a tad hacked off about the situation...

Thing is how much would they have to charge to cover the one off costs of making these shirts, it may well be that the club decided that it was unlikely that people would be prepared to pay the true cost.

[quote user="canarygirl"]Thing is how much would they have to charge to cover the one off costs of making these shirts, it may well be that the club decided that it was unlikely that people would be prepared to pay the true cost.[/quote]If other clubs have done it, what makes us so different?When we could easily change manufacturers going forwards, I''d have thought keeping their link with a prem club would be a priority for Errea and therefore could probably do us a very fair deal, more so than bigger names like Nike and Adidas who have more than enough clients as it is!

Loopzilla, I''m sorry that i''ve caused offence (somehow) but what I''m saying is not bigoted. My opinion is that if you want to get a slimmer shirt the solution is get slimmer yourself, because that helps yourself as well.

Instead you have taken the victim card and claimed me, stig and city1st are bigots. That''s quite a strong claim to make.

This thread has simply disproved the original claim: although the club may not cater FOR the very large, it does cater to them at some profit (pies).

[quote user="BWs Cat "]Loopzilla, I''m sorry that i''ve caused offence (somehow) but what I''m saying is not bigoted. My opinion is that if you want to get a slimmer shirt the solution is get slimmer yourself, because that helps yourself as well.

Instead you have taken the victim card and claimed me, stig and city1st are bigots. That''s quite a strong claim to make.[/quote]
I''m no victim, and yes I make that claim with good reason, it''s all there in this thread for everyone to see.
To quote the Cambridge dictionary: 
Bigot: a person who has strong, unreasonable beliefs and who thinks that anyone who does not have the same beliefs is wrong.
To quote you:
"Guys, guys, please. There is a way to fix this. Go take a jog or two?"

"Obesity should not be accepted, normalised or catered to. It''s a serious problem (in this country especially) and ought to be dealt with, not accepted as what people should be. Think of the shirt as a prize for slimming down."
"I have one lardlad who sits next to me in the River End, who has a bagel before the match, two bags of haribos (one for his enlarged son too) and then washes it down with some dr.pepper at half time. It''s even worse when your trying to celebrate and your nearly being asphyxiated by this guy (who obviously can''t move around much). It''s not a huge problem (pun not intended) but it should be dealt with."
"This sums it up with me. Unless theres other reasons, your weight is because of YOU. Don''t blame the club if they can''t fit you in their shirts (which look kind of ironic on a obese person anyway). The worst thing is people are going to think what I just said was offensive, but it''s true."
I could similarly quote City1st and Stig, but is it really necessary? If you find that kind of attitude and and rhetoric acceptable then I ask again; would you tell me that to my face?
You''re discriminating against people based on their weight. If you were doing the same based on the colour of their skin, or their religious beliefs, or their nationality you''d be in hot water...but to go back to my original post: 
Bigots will always be bigots, even if they are forced to change their targets....

8XL, seriously!!??

Anyone that size really shouldn''t be wearing man made materials, due to fire risk.

Trying going in to some of the body building gyms and tell a few of the guys in there that 8XL is GROSS and they should loose weight.

Just a suggestion, renew your life insurance first!

Loop I''m with you (at 6''4" and big with it) these Lawn ornaments just get under your feet[:D]

I don''t take kindly to being accused of being a bigot loop. What I have said is not bigoted, despite how much you may wish it to be.

"Bigot: a person who has strong, unreasonable beliefs and who thinks that anyone who does not have the same beliefs is wrong."

It''s a strong, unreasonable belief that fat people should cut down on their weight...for their own good as well as others?

As for believing that all other opinions are wrong, i''m not like. I try to take in as much as I can. Otherwise what would I learn in life?

If suggesting people should take pride in themselves and lose a bit of weight to wear a reasonably sized t-shirt is bigoted and unreasonable, then all hope is lost. I''d have no qualms with pointing out it is in fact the fat person, not the shirt, that is the problem to their face. Forget all of your PC nonsense, it''s beating around the bush that gets us in stupid situations in the first place. You are too fat for this shirt, lose some weight. 
And as for comparing the level of offence from this post to having a go at a person of differing race or sexuality or whatever it was you compared it to - we are talking about fitting into clothes and peoples level of fitness - get some perspective.

Discriminating against people because of their weight?

Where do I say that? Please point it out to me.

For someone who earlier claimed that I''m thick you certainly do seem to be suffering from terminal dimness.

Oh and this worn out excuse of "It''s not so easy for some of us." That again is just evidence of lazy behavior. Have some conviction and respect for yourself - I keep saying it but I bloody well mean it. You''re only doing yourself a disservice if you convince yourself you can''t get fit.

To be honest stig, you know someones run out of reasons to argue when they start calling you names, like a bigot.

An apology would be nice, but since thats not going to happen, then bog off. Unlike some, being called a bigot is something I actually find offensive.

BW''s Cat -I don''t care whether you take kindly to it or not... To repeat; if you feel your views and the way you worded them are perfectly acceptable, then, in all honesty, would you tell it to me in person? If not, why not? If you simply cannot understand how someone may find them unacceptable then you''re only enforcing my opinion of you.

With you, The Butler. just a little shorter.

at six foot, I have a very big rib cage (as well as a few pounds in the stomach area I could probably stand to lose ;) )

but to suggest every big bonned person is lazy and eats incorrectly isn''t 100% true.

I play footy at least 3x a week (1x league rules(indoor) soccer, 1-2x open pitch at an indoor 5aside facility, and an open pitch at a park each week) as well the gym at least 3x a week. and my meals are normally consistent of egg whites in the morning and chicken or lean ham meal for lunch/dinner.

having said all this, I do ware X(1)L shirts, but to say that weight loss is as simple as some on here make out to be, is ridiculous.

and then there are people who have gained weight from medical conditions, such as on here, who would, do, and should, find a thread like this incredibly offensive.

"I don''t care whether you take kindly to it or not... To repeat; if you feel your views and the way you worded them are perfectly acceptable, then, in all honesty, would you tell it to me in person? If not, why not?"

Why do you keep bringing this up? The point of a message board is so that I can communicate with more people across the world more quickly. Why do you want to talk to me face to face? To threaten me? Yeah, because thats a great way of solving a dispute isn''t it...

"If you simply cannot understand how someone may find them unacceptable then you''re only enforcing my opinion of you. "

You seem to think that I am discriminating against overweight people. I''m not. I''m saying that if you want a shirt, you shouldn''t expect the club to make bigger shirts for you, you should lose some weight as it has benefits for you and you get the shirt.

Stop all this shenanigans.