Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Why doesn't the club cater to large fans!

[quote user="BWs Cat "]"The thing that strikes me is the requirement to stuff food into their faces mid afternoon. Surely they don''t do that at work every day, twice in some occasions as I have seen one gutbucket stuffing himself before the game and at half time."

I have one lardlad who sits next to me in the River End, who has a bagel before the match, two bags of haribos (one for his enlarged son too) and then washes it down with some dr.pepper at half time.

It''s even worse when your trying to celebrate and your nearly being asphyxiated by this guy (who obviously can''t move around much). It''s not a huge problem (pun not intended) but it should be dealt with.[/quote]Such as? You sit next to them, what are you suggesting being done?

It''s the large volume of wind produced after 3 balti pies that I object to. Thank goodness smoking is now banned in the ground.

Lappin, my suspicion is that you are a bit of a lardy lad too!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]I do believe that Lapp is in fact a lovely little frail old pensioner.[/quote]You couldn''t be more wrong nbs.........There''s nothing lovely about me! [;)][B][+o(]

In response to Bws cat i didnt get in a huff i just find some of yr comments offensive, put a keyboard in front of someone and its amazing how they suddenly grow a pair of bo11ocks.

I have got a sense of humour and had a laugh with lappinitup, i hope you never have the misfortune to put weight on, its a footy forum and you started the thread not someone overweight moaning about shirt sizes, try sticking to what you know ( not much from what i can see ) !!!!

You people are fuckin idiots. If someone is larger they should be catered to. Why shouldn''t they be? Its how they are.

How is it your place to tell someone you don''t know to lose weight? Its a personal choice or a personal error. In short, none of your business.

Life is probably hard enough for someone who can''t fit into a size XL, so the last thing they need is some righteous cunt on a message board telling them how to live their life.

Try telling someone with lung cancer that they should have stopped smoking when they were younger, I''m sure that''s just as reasonable.

Just so you know, I''m speaking as a neutral - i''m a size M. Just so my argument isn''t undermined by suspicions of a vested interest.

Stig

Joined on 25/07/2012

Posts 1,494

Re: Why doesn''t the club cater to large fans!

I said it before in my other post, this is a sports club and thus it should be promoting healthy lifestyles, half time food should be reduced to fruit salads and smoothies. Why are schools forced to promote healthy diets yet football clubs almost openly encourage people to be lazy wasters? People should be invited onto the pitch at half time to do some quick warm ups and downs! Instead we get giant balding men and walking warts for women scoffing down their half time pie and then complaining their clothes don''t fit anymore. Embarrasing lack of responsibility for themselves, what is wrong with people these days??

------------------------------------------------------------------

by no means am I saying the club should or should not be selling the shirts, but if we''re having the discussion that the club should not cater to the larger supporters, should the nation refuse to cater to anyone who participates in the taking of any drug that is harmful to a person? (IE ALL alcohol with the exception of Wine, and Cigarettes.)

if we as a nation decided they should be completely outlawed, I would imagine this entire bored would go into a frenzy. (and also, with no alcohol, we''d have a few less posts on a saturday night.)

Incredible. The irony of a pack of spineless keyboard warriors spouting a load of ignorant, prejudistic and plain offensive rubbish in the name of improving society - by demonising a large (no pun intended) section of the population.

Bigots will always be bigots, even if they are forced to change their targets....

"Bigots will always be bigots, even if they are forced to change their targets.... "

Theres a lot of ad homs going around on this thread.

I''m not discriminating against the obese, I''m saying that it''s better for everyone if they lost some weight.

[quote user="BWs Cat "]I''m not discriminating against the obese, I''m

saying that it''s better for everyone if they lost some weight.[/quote]And in the process, we can all f**k off if we want to buy a shirt to support our club.....thanks for that......Apparently my money as a ''large'' fan isn''t good enough anymore and the club would rather I spent it on salads - well so be it then...

[quote user="BWs Cat "]"Bigots will always be bigots, even if they are forced to change their targets.... "

Theres a lot of ad homs going around on this thread.

I''m not discriminating against the obese, I''m saying that it''s better for everyone if they lost some weight.[/quote]
What a stunning insight. If only alcoholics stopped drinking, smokers stopped smoking, gamblers stopped gambling etc...if only life were as simple as your views on the matter.
The problem with that type of attitude is that it doesn''t take into consideration the individuals personal problems that may have lead to their obesity. You stated earlier that you were targetting those that "chose" to be fat. I cannot imagine many people actively made that decision, it is something that has gradually happened for all manner of different reasons...medical, physical, psychological, sociological and so on.
I find some of the comments on hear - not just from you but others as well - ignorant and puerile at best. I expect it from City1st as there is barely a post he has made where he hasn''t displayed his own, well..personal issues, if only because I know the word seems to perversely infuriate him so. But some of the posters I wouldn''t have expected it from, as I''ve previously seen well thought out, rational posts from - yourself included..
The reason I have taken this thread personally is because at 6''5" and 24 stone I would be one of the grotesquely offensive "fatties" spoken about. If anyone would like to meet me for a civilised but frank discussion on how I should be living my life despite not knowing my circumstances, I''m all yours. 

[quote user="Number 9"]Perhaps they are just big boned?[/quote]
Indeed, my wife didn''t marry me for my physique. [;)]

That is all it comes down to with some of you isn''t it"Come and meet me and we''ll have a frank discussion about it."
No, I''m good. This is the method in which we are having a discussion about it so please, either have the discussion or go away. My point is being fat is not a natural human state and it is a by-product of today''s world. Fast food, poor decision making and no one doing enough to make a change. Someone has to take responsibility and I''m arguing that if it isn''t the lazy slobs that are going to then it should be the things the lazy slobs pay attention to (The club). If you honestly can''t fit into pre-determined shirt sizes, then I hear jacomo is more than accommodating....
You can argue that perhaps it is mental health issues, or any other number of things but at the end of the day the majority of fat people I''ve had the pleasure of meeting have usually been that way because of diet and lifestyle. Anyone with exceptional circumstances is obviously not being targeted by my thoughts on this issue. So please, do not blame the club for your (poor) decision making.

Moving back to the title of the thread, perhaps it is the catering of the club which has created the larger fan.

Maybe the club shop isn''t stocking the shirt for the "fuller figured fans", as they would rather sell you two shirts to stitch together into one.......

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]Amazing scoop. Big people find it difficult to find clothes that fit.

Who''d have thought?

Thank you OP for bringing this to the worlds attention. I''m going to get Sir Bob Geldof on the phone straight away! We need to raise awareness to this issue right now!
[/quote]

Geldof''s a bit of a feeder, though.

[quote user="Stig"]That is all it comes down to with some of you isn''t it

"Come and meet me and we''ll have a frank discussion about it."

No, I''m good. This is the method in which we are having a discussion about it so please, either have the discussion or go away. My point is being fat is not a natural human state and it is a by-product of today''s world. Fast food, poor decision making and no one doing enough to make a change. Someone has to take responsibility and I''m arguing that if it isn''t the lazy slobs that are going to then it should be the things the lazy slobs pay attention to (The club). If you honestly can''t fit into pre-determined shirt sizes, then I hear jacomo is more than accommodating....

You can argue that perhaps it is mental health issues, or any other number of things but at the end of the day the majority of fat people I''ve had the pleasure of meeting have usually been that way because of diet and lifestyle. Anyone with exceptional circumstances is obviously not being targeted by my thoughts on this issue. So please, do not blame the club for your (poor) decision making.

[/quote]

That''s the point, you wouldn''t dream of talking to, patronising and insulting people face to face in the manner you are happy to do so on here...

As for your assertion that the majority of people you have met are that way because of diet and healthstyle - well done, you''ve made an enormous assumption and left it at that, but have you ever looked deeper than that rather than simply judging people by their appearance? I guess not.

I used to play football, box and also did body-building for years, and was in very good physical shape when young. As I got into my late thirties and forties I found my weight gradually increasing despite attempts to reverse it - it''s just not that easy for some people. I suffer from arthritis and another condition, sarcoidosis, which has affected my joints making it painful to exercise or even do the simple things sometimes. It''s hard. But you wouldn''t know about my problems, just like you don''t know about many others who you would be more than happy to judge based on your own misconceptions and ignorance.

Many people are simply more genetically disposed to put on weight - just as there are many who cannot put weight on if they try and are constantly underweight...but you wouldn''t so readily start telling someone to bulk up because they''re too damn skinny would you?

No, just easier to insult them lazy, greedy, fat people from the safety of your keyboard...

Seems to me that us "lazy fatties, lard-arses, gut-buckets" are now fair game for those who have moved on from other politically incorrect prejudices and stereotypes.

Whichever way you want to dress it up, it''s plain cowardice and bigotry. Personally, I find that far more repulsive.

"Seems to me that us "lazy fatties, lard-arses, gut-buckets" are now fair game......"only if they have a dirty great key in their back

[quote user="Barbie"][quote user="Stig"]I said it before in my other post, this is a sports club and thus it should be promoting healthy lifestyles, half time food should be reduced to fruit salads and smoothies. Why are schools forced to promote healthy diets yet football clubs almost openly encourage people to be lazy wasters? People should be invited onto the pitch at half time to do some quick warm ups and downs! Instead we get giant balding men and walking warts for women scoffing down their half time pie and then complaining their clothes don''t fit anymore. Embarrasing lack of responsibility for themselves, what is wrong with people these days??[/quote]Based on the above, would you also remove alcohol sales at the ground?

[/quote]I would...the smell of some supporters after half time is appalling! some even leave 15mins before halftime to get a head-start!I don''t see the need for drinking at a match (before/after not a problem), but fans stinking of alcohol and shouting ''above acceptable'' abuse is not really what most people pay to hear at a match.

[quote user="City1st"]"Seems to me that us "lazy fatties, lard-arses, gut-buckets" are now fair game......"

only if they have a dirty great key in their back

[/quote]

Yeah, yeah...resort to the old "it''s just banter, bit of a wind-up, just kidding" ploy - you''ve used that one too many times before City1st. I had years of proper banter working offshore so I''m not the over-sensitive type or lack humour, but some of the stuff spouted in this thread is in no way humorous, just insulting and offensive - and most of it comes from your keyboard. No surprise there then.

I just really don''t like ignorant cowards who get their kicks being brave in the face of their own reflection in the monitor. If you''re going to try putting the world to rights, at least have the strength of conviction to say it to peoples faces when you have the chance, otherwise you''re just as flawed as you perceive them to be. 

In the words of Delia "...where are you? Let''s be ''aving you!"  [;)]

oh dearfor someone who bleated -"well done, you''ve made an enormous assumption"you seem to be making enormous assumptions yourself as you have no idea what I say, to whom I say it and where outside of this forumbut that would appear ok as you are a self proclaimed ''fatty'' so you are excused the normal standards of debate .... or so it seemsthat you choose to make this personal is your problem (ishooooooooooooo)but I would still say lighten up a bit

........... or perhaps not given the circumstances

To get this thread back on to topic as a ''larger'' lad meself (all my own fault too much ale/chips/curry/pies, not enough excercise apart from my once a week five a side match) - From those of you who have already bought one - how do the shirts fit - I normally would buy an xxl - would this be ok or should I go a size up?

[quote user="City1st"]oh dear

for someone who bleated -

"well done, you''ve made an enormous assumption"

you seem to be making enormous assumptions yourself as you have no idea what I say, to whom I say it and where outside of this forum

but that would appear ok as you are a self proclaimed ''fatty'' so you are excused the normal standards of debate .... or so it seems

that you choose to make this personal is your problem (ishooooooooooooo)

but I would still say lighten up a bit

........... or perhaps not given the circumstances

[/quote]

No assumption. You plainly do not go through life talking to people the same way you do on here. The evidence for that is that you are still conscious.

[quote user="Loopzilla"]No assumption. You plainly do not go through life talking to people the same way you do on here. The evidence for that is that you are still conscious.[/quote]Probably the best and funniest response I''ve read on here in ages, WP Loop [:D]

"You plainly do not go through life talking to people the same way you do on here."

err, methinks rather different but you carry on with your assumptions, if it helpsrather distract from the OP doesn''t it

Stig you are absolutely awful.

Your argument is basically predicated on the notion that someone being fat somehow affects you, and so correlatively, they SHOULD lose weight.

What is so offensive about people being fat? It''s their choice. They don''t owe you anything. Leave them alone.

quote user=Snoddy''s Jockstrap

Stig you are absolutely awful.

Your argument is basically predicated on the notion that someone being fat somehow affects you, and so correlatively, they SHOULD lose weight.

What is so offensive about people being fat? It''s their choice. They don''t owe you anything. Leave them alone.

-----

Actually, fat people do indirectly owe us, the obesity issue is becoming an burden on NHS resources and funding.