Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Why doesn't the club cater to large fans!

"Hughton out!

Why can''t I fit into this new kit! The club is obviously alienating me! Delia! Hughton! Mcnally! >:( "

Guys, guys, please. There is a way to fix this.

Go take a jog or two?

Why is it that (for me on my Facebook and twitter at least) that all of our larger fans are complaining that they don''t have fitting shirts? Go get a bit slimmer and then the problem is solved.

Not trying to be like the evil PE teacher we all had at school, but it rests in your hands, not the club.

It''s the basic economics of supply and demand.If 10k people all want to eat Beef but you only have enough for 5k of them, you don''t tell the rest to pi$$ off and eat Chicken, because then you''ve lost any potential income from that remaining 5k, instead you try to get more Beef to meet the overall demand.Whether or not larger fans could do with losing a few pounds is somewhat irrelevant, as if the club had any sense they''d do a smaller run of larger sizes, chuck an extra tenner on the price and simply profit from it (as well as making a number of fans happy and feel like they''re cared about).Also bear in mind that not all ''big'' fans are ''fat'', there''s a lot of bloody well built people who struggle with the sizes available as well. (I''m sure I remember there being a semi-pro boxer who used to post here complaining about that very issue).I''m pretty much done with raising the issue however, as the last couple of seasons when I''ve tried, I''ve had shocking abuse on the forum, and had my e-mails completely ignored by the club as well...

If people are larger than 3XL they should think consider their health first and the football shirts will follow....

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Whether or not larger fans could do with losing a few pounds is somewhat irrelevant...[/quote]But it''s not is it? If they all lost a bit of weight we could have smaller seats and therefore, get more people into the stadium without expanding it. I think Delia should close down the restaurants and turn them into gyms, much cheaper than building new stands.Fit, not fat! [:D]

Am I the only one who thinks in the video the kits look baggier then recently? They seem to be quite sparing in the sizing, especially if you compare to other manufacturers such as kappa or under armour

After the olympics there was some right out-sized gila monsters queuing up outside sports shop asking for Bradley Wiggins'' shorts.

For some reason fat f***ers think they can squeeze themselves into sports gear.

Fact is, the only sports gear they''ll fit is a sumo nappy.

I wouldnt say a 52" chest is abnormal and before anyone suggests i go diet, dont type it, say it to me in person ;)

Shocking post. Role Model.........an element of truth however.

There were also a few plumbers chasing Tweddle leotards!

[quote user="canarygirl"]Are you one of the larger or smaller fans Lappin?[/quote]

He fits very snugly into The Inner Circle. [;)]

I''m with the OP, if you are too fat to fit into the largest size then you might consider doing yourselves a favour and getting healthy rather than complain to a sports club to cater to you. The more we help the obese fit into things and feed them the unhealthy food the more we condone their grotesque habits. Besides, I think you''ll appreciate the shirt a lot more when you work in the effort to wear it. [Y]
And to the tiny minority that have worked themselves into a titan of a human and want to fit into a NCFC shirt... [Y] to you too [:D]

I agree with stig 100%

Obesity should not be accepted, normalised or catered to. It''s a serious problem (in this country especially) and ought to be dealt with, not accepted as what people should be. Think of the shirt as a prize for slimming down.

[quote user="canarygirl"]Are you one of the larger or smaller fans Lappin?[/quote]I''m just very ''fit'' canarygirl. [;)][quote

user="Tim Dawson"]I wouldnt say a 52" chest is abnormal and before

anyone suggests i go diet, dont type it, say it to me in person

;)[/quote]We''re not afraid of you, as little as you are! [:D]

This guy can get into his shirt, so I don''t think any of you have room to complain.

Personally I don''t think City should be encouragung gut buckets to support the club, nevermind allowing them into the ground.I did suggest to McNally a while back that the club should have some sort of scales to wegh the fatties as they came into the ground and charge them accordingly, bit like fruit and veg ant the checkout. If not, far better would be to have the turnstiles the same width as the seats, then if you cannot get in then you would not be able to sit without taking up someone else''s space so you should not be in with the rest of us.I also suggested to him that the club could have yellow and red striped shirts as the second strip so that the club could buy up all the second hand circus tents and sell them to the blubber blokes as club shirts (you could also simly change a letter ot two so they read as Ballie Smart and tell the fatties that he was returning to the club).He said he would think about it, so I shall have to remind next time we speak.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Indy_Bones"]Whether or not larger fans could do with losing a few pounds is somewhat irrelevant...[/quote]But it''s not is it? If they all lost a bit of weight we could have smaller seats and therefore, get more people into the stadium without expanding it. I think Delia should close down the restaurants and turn them into gyms, much cheaper than building new stands.Fit, not fat! [:D][/quote]smaller seats? I have long legs and jsut about managed to squeeze my legs in at home games (an nearly all away games)What does losing weight have to do with that? Most places just don''t cater for the ''taller'' person nowadays...even trains/buses are an issue, so pointing the finger at our ''larger'' fans is a bit naive isnt it?

This message board has become a home for nasty minded keyboard warriors. Quite a few people actually revel in the point scoring and childlike playground, petty arguments.

The internet and Norwich City Football Club would be far better off without this place.

Its quite amazing that you can be imprisoned virtually for racism, criticizing someone disabled, or maybe with a physical impairment but to insult fat people is ok.

And before the lose weight insults flood in, my own weight gain has been a result of the steroids ive been given in my recovery of extreme radiotherapy/chemotherapy to build me back up to strength.

So perhaps Bws cat you may want to put a sock in it before someone does it for you !!

That''s exceptional circumstances then tim. Don''t know why your getting in such a huff about it, I''m not talking about people like you who have no choice.

I said it before in my other post, this is a sports club and thus it should be promoting healthy lifestyles, half time food should be reduced to fruit salads and smoothies. Why are schools forced to promote healthy diets yet football clubs almost openly encourage people to be lazy wasters? People should be invited onto the pitch at half time to do some quick warm ups and downs! Instead we get giant balding men and walking warts for women scoffing down their half time pie and then complaining their clothes don''t fit anymore. Embarrasing lack of responsibility for themselves, what is wrong with people these days??

Perhaps the club could turn the bit of space in front of the hotel into somekind of pen when the lardies can roam free and not be a nuiscance to othersOn a serious note though I do know that one of the major compaints/points raised etc during the ''movers and shakers weeks'' is the size of other fans. Many say that they often have to lean forward as the person beside them takes up much of their space, and this is not fair to them. Many times it has been asked why can''t the club move the fat person rather than them having to move from a part of the ground they may like/have friends close by etcThe thing that strikes me is the requirement to stuff food into their faces mid afternoon. Surely they don''t do that at work every day, twice in some occasions as I have seen one gutbucket stuffing himself before the game and at half time.

[quote user="Stig"]I said it before in my other post, this is a sports club and thus it should be promoting healthy lifestyles, half time food should be reduced to fruit salads and smoothies. Why are schools forced to promote healthy diets yet football clubs almost openly encourage people to be lazy wasters? People should be invited onto the pitch at half time to do some quick warm ups and downs! Instead we get giant balding men and walking warts for women scoffing down their half time pie and then complaining their clothes don''t fit anymore. Embarrasing lack of responsibility for themselves, what is wrong with people these days??[/quote]Based on the above, would you also remove alcohol sales at the ground?

"The thing that strikes me is the requirement to stuff food into their faces mid afternoon. Surely they don''t do that at work every day, twice in some occasions as I have seen one gutbucket stuffing himself before the game and at half time."

I have one lardlad who sits next to me in the River End, who has a bagel before the match, two bags of haribos (one for his enlarged son too) and then washes it down with some dr.pepper at half time.

It''s even worse when your trying to celebrate and your nearly being asphyxiated by this guy (who obviously can''t move around much). It''s not a huge problem (pun not intended) but it should be dealt with.

I think some of you are being very harsh...

I''m quite large, but I do fit into the Norwich shirts (and even manage to buy a size bigger than I need because I don''t like too tight fitting clothes :P).

And yes some people do need to lose weight, I have a game once where I moved seat so my little brother who wanted to come could sit next to my Grandad, and I couldn''t move all first half because of the size of the guy next to me, second half I found a spare seat in the corner bit of the Jarrold.

The club can''t just exclude people on size, they encourage sporting activity because they are a football club, but they aren''t going to weigh people at the gates. And also would be nice to remember there can be many underlying issues, some mental, some medical conditions as to why some people are as big as they are/eat so much etc...

For me, as a large guy, but not so large i''m an inconvenience to the guy next to me (don''t care about my Grandad, he''s at the end of the row, doesn''t even have a seat in front of him, he''s got acres of space!!) i''d love to lose weight, and keep planing to, but never really manage to get very far for various reasons, mainly my huge lack of self motivation to do anything important because it seems i''d rather hate myself than actually do anything worthwhile ;)

Anyway, just try and be a little bit ''kinder'' because you wouldn''t be so aggressive towards someone at the other extreme end of the scale, and there is some (not as many I would assume) serious issues that cause obesity etc...