Sign in to follow this  
Lord Horn

POTS

[quote user="Lord Horn"]Should I keep my strawberries in pots or plant them straight into my allotment???[/quote]

I''d keep them in the fridge, they keep better there.........................[:)] 

nevermind that who was won player of the season ?surely someone has put something up ... somewhere

[quote user="City1st"]nevermind that

who was won player of the season ?

surely someone has put something up ... somewhere

[/quote]

Let me know if you find out. ........ just off to put my strawberry plants in the fridge as suggested by the well known whoreticulturalist LD!  [:D]

Talking about things being potty, there is a town in Georgia (the US state rather than the country) that has reacted to the Newtown, Connecticut, massacre in which 27 people were killed by passing a law to make gun ownership compulsory.

"lake district canary""Lord Horn"Should I keep my strawberries in pots or plant them straight into my allotment???

I''d keep them in the fridge, they keep better there........................

Like tomatoes, strawberries are better at room temperature. The fruits that is.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Talking about things being potty, there is a town in Georgia (the US state rather than the country) that has reacted to the Newtown, Connecticut, massacre in which 27 people were killed by passing a law to make gun ownership compulsory.[/quote]Crikey that''s a little bit OTT even by American standards still imagine how the Townsfolk might be feeling now had those 27 been killed by HIV/Aids or rogue pet tigers.  At least with being forced to have a gun there''s the chance of the odd survivor ...

Tomatoes should be red, plump, and enjoyed at room temperature, the salty seeds should burst out of the soft skin and run down your chin, to be licked off. That''s what I believe you meant was it not Herman.

[quote user="Herman "]If my name was Robin Askwith, then yes.......[/quote]

Now there''s a blast from the past, Confessions of a Pink Un. Poster!

I''m not too sure about strawberries but when it comes to other forms of dessert I cannot but help be reminded of those wise words of dear old Johnny, with regard to taking advice -"Mmmmmm. These smell delicious. If you try that recipe at home, I hope your doughnuts turn out like Fanny''s".