Sign in to follow this  
Militant Canary

Everybody yell "SHOOT!"

Hey there.

Trying to get a campaign going to get everybody at FCR to yell "shoot" whenever we get the ball into the final third against West Brom.

This is born out of a ''for the love of God, somebody take a bloody shot'' kind of exasperation. Now, you may think me stupid, but compared to other teams, we have a squad full of players who are utterly unwilling to take the shot on, unwilling to take it upon themselves to make something happen.

My feeling is, just take a shot - get a deflection, force a corner or maybe it''ll even go in. If it goes in, ironically, I think it would boost the players and make them realise that they CAN in fact score.

So, like I say: everybody yell "SHOOT!".

Thanks guys!

Lets spread the word and make it happen.

The thing is, the entirety of FCR yelling "shoot" will pick them up when they need it most - in the final third!

Everybody yell "SHOOT!".

MC - I started a similar thread last week , before the Villa game, but mine didn''t come with instructions. I thought the players might think of it themselves without having to be told!

A touch of good humour at last. I had begun to think that half of this board had already got their aspirins piled up for a mass suicide bid on Saturday evening should things go badly.

If it is to be BJ then I would strongly advise those in the back rows of the Barclay or River End to duck in preparedness. Either that or the referee will have to signal for a new net to be put up. 

You''re right, Crabby. They should know it themselves, but they don''t. The team need our help, so lets get on it.

Broadstairs: Cheers! But seriously, this is about the fans making something happen on the pitch in a positive way.

Everybody yell "SHOOT!".

Cheers!

Like I say, as fans sometimes its hard to know what to do to encourage the team in the right and positive way. Actually having the guts and personal responsibility to take a shot is something the team is having trouble with and the crowd telling them to do it might just be enough to make some of them be daring.

Tonight, Swansea''s performance illustrates my point exactly. Two of their goals were lucky as hell and resulted from players having the balls to take a shot on.

Its possible that 3/4 of the goals tonight from both teams resulted from speculative shots out of nothing.

Everybody yell "SHOOT!"

Please No!!!

I remember when darel russel scored that one great goal and then for the rest of the season everytime he had the ball the crowd would shout shoot.

Sadlly, he seemed to listen which left to numerous rubbish ''johnsonesque'' shots ;)

When we''re in the other two thirds of the pitch (ie the vast majority of the time) perhaps we could do "attack attack attack attack attack"?

I wonder if we should be careful who we shout shoot to.   Wes?  When did he last score from outside the box?  Johnson?  When did he last shoot anywhere that went near the goal? (apart from that nice flick on to the bar - but that wasn''t a full blooded shot).    Howson?  He does shoot and quite accurately when he gets the chance.   Pilks?  Yes, maybe.    Snodgrass ?  Definitely - needs to shoot or cross earlier - perhaps "get rid of it" would be more appropriate for him.  If the defenders get up, They should be encouraged to have a go.  Martin has a decent shot - and Whittaker.  

Perhaps we should only shout "shoot"  at a player who is likely to be able to get it somewhere near the goal..........

Don''t let their keeper have a moment''s peace today - SHOOT!

I finally return to this forum, like Gandalf the White, at the turn of the tide.

Everybody yell "SHOOT!"

Just have a go. The number of teams in this division who make something happen, not from incisive football, but just by taking a speculative shot is extraordinary. We do not do this.

SHOOT!!! Make something happen, show some guts today.

We all need to help them remember that they CAN shoot from distance.

Everybody yell "SHOOT!"

OTBC

[quote user="Militant Canary"](Cough)

I told you.

OTBC!!![/quote]

Take a bow MC, the players obviously heard you (and maybe even read your thread)!