Sign in to follow this  
STAN

BASSONG PLAYER OF THE SEASON!!

Just announced on club twitter..

Snodgrass runner up

Bradley Johnson 3rd

He has been our most important player (and the one we have missed the most when he''s been unavailable) so good choice, and fair reflection of his contribution. 

Snoddy the only one close to him, but I''d put Basso slightly ahead in his contribution/importance to the team.

I actually think Turner has been every bit as good as Bassong (and maybe better) for most of the season but obviously had a few dodgy games at the start while he got himself up to speed.

I had Turner in 3rd place behind Bassong and Snoddy, but I can see why Johnson got the nod from others instead.

Two stand out players well ahead of the rest and Seb a deserved winner for me.

For third it was close between several.

Deserved by all and was my three as well, although I think Turner is unlucky to miss out, probably because of his shaky start as others have said. Glad he got the players player though, I thought up until his injury he had been the most reliable player in a poor run of results.

Pleased for Johnson, think he has done well this year and his all round game is improved massively. He is a better all round player than Tettey imo and I hope he keeps that enforcers role, with maybe a more creative partner next year.

I''m also pleased for Turner after a solid first season where he had to put up with idiots booing him and singing a pathetic song which he obviously doesn''t appreciate.

Can''t argue with that, I had those three as my choice, but with Bradley winning.

Bassong has been key as much for his own performances as in what he brings out of the players who play alongside him. Good individual play and great team player too.

Overall, Bassong clearly the best for me.  Almost the complete player.   Snodgrass and BJ still have work to do on their game to challenge for pots in another season.   Snodgrass - his temperament and decision making, BJ - his passing and shooting. 

Sorry my Icelandic friend but Norwich haven''t been in a racist shadow. One knobhead on Twitter made a really stupid comment and got himself banned. The club dealt with it really quickly which was well done.

Anyway the POTS is the right choice. Could haggle over second and third.........

Honestly, how do people rate Bradley Johnson?

Has been dribbled past more times than any other player this season and can''t pass/shoot for shit.

He doesn''t even stand out as the best defensive mid at the club.

Obviously, I admire his passion and attitude, but he is one of our weak links.

Desperately need a box-to-box midfielder.

Turner all the way for me. Beyond him, Snoddo and Bass, nobody deserves any sort of accolade this year.

It wss bassong for me but BJ would not have made the top 3, and had Ruddy been fit for the season he may well have been number 1, he was the player we missed most when injured not Bassong

I would have swapped 1 & 2 around, even though I feel that Bassong is a better playerSnodgrass would get it for me for 2 reasons;1) Snodgrass has been solely responsible for the majority of our attacking threat, whether goals or assists, and goals get you 3 points, clean sheets can sometimes only get 12) He has played the majority of the games with very little injury or suspension (over 31 appearances IIRC, with BJ top on 34), where as Seb was unfortunately injured for a few weeks.But definitely agree these 2 are head and shoulders above the rest of the squad for this award.

For me it was very close between Bassong and Snodgrass. Both have been immense this year. For me Snods would shade it for his attacking prowess and his tracking back to support the FB, whichever side he was playing on. Happy with either though. Well done both!

[quote user="NWC"]I would have swapped 1 & 2 around, even though I feel that Bassong is a better player
Snodgrass would get it for me for 2 reasons;
1) Snodgrass has been solely responsible for the majority of our attacking threat, whether goals or assists, and goals get you 3 points, clean sheets can sometimes only get 1
2) He has played the majority of the games with very little injury or suspension (over 31 appearances IIRC, with BJ top on 34), where as Seb was unfortunately injured for a few weeks.
But definitely agree these 2 are head and shoulders above the rest of the squad for this award.
[/quote]

I think Bassong has missed 3 league games this year;

Fulham (a) Lost 5-0

Liverpool (h) Lost 5-2

Liverpool (a) Lost 5-0

This demonstrates his value more than anything else. A worthy winner with SNodgrass and equally deserving 2nd. Turner got better as the season went on and the signing of Bassong/Turner shows the market we should be looking at this summer - good players with Top Level experience. Happy with one or two younger lads from the Football League but we need to be looking at moving on to the next level with our signings this year.

Exactly as I voted.

Well done Seb, a shrewd signing, and hopefully a sign of things to come

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Interesting to see that Turner got the Players'' player of the year award - something the players rate higher than the fans award usually.[/quote]

Which really goes along with what I''ve said about Turner being as good as Bassong and possibly better. Obviously the players think that way too.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"] For me Snods would shade it for his attacking prowess and his tracking back to support the FB, whichever side he was playing on.  [/quote]

Supporting his fullback is not particularly one of Snodgrass'' strengths. It''s a bit of a myth about how much he tracks back. He''s probably does it less than Pilks or Benno.

There''s been numerous times this season when he has left his fullback exposed, particularly when he plays on the left wing.

But most games he will come chasing back furiously once or twice and fly into the tackle which sort of gives the impression he tracks back more than he really does.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Interesting to see that Turner got the Players'' player of the year award - something the players rate higher than the fans award usually.[/quote]

Which really goes along with what I''ve said about Turner being as good as Bassong and possibly better. Obviously the players think that way too.

[/quote]A little surprised that Turner isn''t in the top 3. He was certainly my vote. Usually the Norwich fans and the players match up pretty closely. Regardless, a long time since we can genuinely claim the centre back pairing as our real strong point. Last I can remember was Fleming and Malky back in the promotion season.

Turner certainly turned (do you like what I did there) his season around. But to be honest since Bennett has come in after his injury he''s looked a bit quicker and better at covering the last man than Turner did anyway. Bassong also seems to lead the line and be a big loss if not in the team.