Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Predicting three points at Man City?

Knowing Man City as I do and having sat with their fans on a few occasions over the years  - a relative has  a season ticket - I''ve seen at close quarters how their fans get so negative about their team.    We think we have some negative supporters, but CR is a fantastically positive place compared to the Etihad.    Negativism is embedded in their mindset.  Their fans will be in a bad frame of mind after recent events and if we play well, the atmosphere will easily turn against the ManCity team.    Their players won''t perform - as they don''t when things are against them - and that gives us an opportunity to take all three points.  

Of course, on paper Citeh should win, but this is the end of our season, the pressure on the team is less compared to how it has been up to last weekend and they will be full of confidence after their performance against WBA.   Its an opportunity for them to impress Hughton coming up to the close season - so..................

2-0 to us.      

[:)]

If there was ever a good time to play Citeh it''s now. They literally have nothing to play for with 2nd place guaranteed. So bearing that in mind I reckon we''ll do relatively well and only concede 4 this year.

This is the best possible time for us to be playing them, we should be on a high after last week, the players will also have had it drummed into them what an important game financially this is for the club. It would be a great scalp both for players and club and we could finish the season with a bit of momentum.

It''s difficult to see where the City players will get their motivation from, yes they are playing at home, last game of season, but I suspect the fans will be a bit unhappy with recent events and the whole atmosphere could become unpleasant for them if we get off to a good start?

They don''t seem to negative on their forum! Many predictions for the match are saying 6 0 some as far as 8 0, with comments like bring the kids on when we are 5 or 6 up.

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]I agree we could get a result up there tomorrow.[/quote]

Against a team who were our bogey club even when they were rubbish? If I could shake your hand and bet a tenner with you I would. Even though it is a good time and there is five million quid for us to play for.

Instead of shaking his hand think about just putting one of your ten ponds on Norwich at 10 to 1, can''t go wrong Jonzey!

[quote user="JF"]They don''t seem to negative on their forum! Many predictions for the match are saying 6 0 some as far as 8 0, with comments like bring the kids on when we are 5 or 6 up.[/quote]

Unrealistic expectations!  [:D]

[quote user="Vanwink"]Instead of shaking his hand think about just putting one of your ten ponds on Norwich at 10 to 1, can''t go wrong Jonzey![/quote]

Some things in life are certain. Taxes, death, and the fact Norwich will always get dicked at Manchester City.

Really do hope we win as I hate that club and their fans, but realistically will probably be 2 or 3-0.

The only downside is whether their players will be playing for contracts under a new manager. But so will our players be playi g for their place next season too. So, lets see last weeks great performances continue.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Of all the possible scenarios for tomorrow, I hadn''t even considered a clean sheet LDC![/quote]

Clean sheets are nothing new to us this season,cc.    Now Ruddy is back, I wouldn''t rule out another one and expect us to perform well.   

I think now is as good as any, we will be playing with complete freedom and they might get the crowd on their backs if they arnt ''12-0'' within the first 5 minutes. I had no real issue with Man City, but I think its a disgrace the way they treated Mancini and frankly I hope they have an awful season next year... their fans seem to have lost all memory of where they had come from and now just have this arrogance you would normally only associate with Man U and Chelsea fans before the arrival of their new oweners.

Finally, Hughton has said the right things.

After beating West Brom he said we wanted to go to Man City and give a good account of ourselves. He has clearly warned against a switch off Baggies style.

He has heaped praise on his own players while recognising the quality at MC and been diplomatic regarding Mancini and the owners.

It isn''t a huge change and it didn''t need to be, it said the right things about the opponents but also showed faith and respect in our players.

If I were them this would inspire me to go the extra game and prove something.

Please carry on in this vein, Chris.