Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

'Ed Balls' in Parliment... politics aside BRILLIANT

If you youtube ''Ed Balls - Premiership Norwich City'' it is quality.If one of you whiz kids can put up the link, i think you''ll all agree its brilliant [:O]

It is pretty good! Tbh the question is fair, it has taken flipping ages to dual the A11, though I actually quite like the single carriageway section (when it''s not snarled up, that is) and it is making a huge mess of the land around there.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]It is pretty good! Tbh the question is fair, it has taken flipping ages to dual the A11, though I actually quite like the single carriageway section (when it''s not snarled up, that is) and it is making a huge mess of the land around there.[/quote]

Yes, but a bit rich of a Tory to claim credit when his party had the chance in the Thatcher/Major era. And particularly in the Major administration, when he and at least three of his cabinet (Richard Ryder, Gillian Shepherd, John Gummer) were all from constituencies in the region. It was described as the East Anglian mafia but never did anything about what must be one of the last bits of single-carriageway on a major road in England.

Oh, no doubt about that, Purple - it is pretty feeble of several administrations, particularly with the guys you mention and there was also MacGregor who not only was a local MP but also transport secretary in the 90s.

Hahaha what a legend, who cares about the politics... just good to hear Ipswich being put in their place in the House of Commons too. Someone post this on TWTD, sure they would just LOVE it.

The top comment has hit the nail on the head about the video. [:D]"so this is what our government does all day"

You''ve obviously never used the A303 purple, the gateway to the south west via single carriageway for half of it, it''s not just the A11. Our road infrastructure is completely insufficient for current let alone the future population. But no party seems particularly interested, yet both major parties want to spend billions on a single train line.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Ed Balls.[/quote]

Can someone explain this? Why do I keep seeing simply "Ed Balls" written everywhere? He pops up on Monday and everyone writes it on Twitter.

What''s that all about?

[quote user="birchfest"]. Someone post this on TWTD, sure they would just LOVE it. [/quote]or just set them off about their ''glorious history'' again" four world cups, six former prime ministers, queen mum as season ticket holder ......................... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]It is pretty good! Tbh the question is fair, it has taken flipping ages to dual the A11, though I actually quite like the single carriageway section (when it''s not snarled up, that is) and it is making a huge mess of the land around there.[/quote]No, no & thrice no. The entire East-West route to Norfolk/Suffolk from the Midlands is dreadful.The A14 is a mish-mash of old roads sticthed up by junctions that can''t cope and slow your down. The Elvedon part is dreadful during the summer months when everyone living in the Midlands seems to want to tow their caravan to Thetford & beyond.Shame it was a motorway from Birmingham to Norwich.

[quote user="iwansnorwich"][quote user="Pyro Pete"]Ed Balls.[/quote]

Can someone explain this? Why do I keep seeing simply "Ed Balls" written everywhere? He pops up on Monday and everyone writes it on Twitter.

What''s that all about?[/quote]http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ed+balls+twitter [:|]

Thanks Canaries Utd. Gave me a good laugh this morning!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Oh, no doubt about that, Purple - it is pretty feeble of several administrations, particularly with the guys you mention and there was also MacGregor who not only was a local MP but also transport secretary in the 90s.[/quote]

Thanks, BP. I had forgotten him!

[quote user="Monty13"]You''ve obviously never used the A303 purple, the gateway to the south west via single carriageway for half of it, it''s not just the A11. Our road infrastructure is completely insufficient for current let alone the future population. But no party seems particularly interested, yet both major parties want to spend billions on a single train line.[/quote]

Not for some decades, Monty! But I don''t think that is a fair comparison. If you want to get from London to the west country, and Exeter in particular, you have the M4 and the M5. But if you want to get from London to Norwich, which is a regional capital, you end up on a single-carriageway road.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="iwansnorwich"][quote user="Pyro Pete"]Ed Balls.[/quote]

What''s that all about?[/quote]http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ed+balls+twitter [:|][/quote][IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/339smkg.png[/IMG](hope the image upload worked!)

[quote user="Pyro Pete"][quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="iwansnorwich"][quote user="Pyro Pete"]Ed Balls.[/quote]

What''s that all about?[/quote]http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ed+balls+twitter [:|][/quote][IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/339smkg.png[/IMG](hope the image upload worked!)[/quote]

I think Ed Balls has his sights set on No. 10...[;)]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]I think Ed Balls has his sights set on No. 10...[;)][/quote]BA-DUM-DUM-Tisssh  [:D]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]I think Ed Balls has his sights set on No. 10...[;)][/quote]BA-DUM-DUM-Tisssh  [:D][/quote]Heh. Like it.

A11 is always a ''bottle neck'' at Elevdon (in  Suffolk ) I''m pleased they are getting rid of that, but I will miss the nice drive through the forest every other week.

[quote user="paul moy"]I wish him well with his future decades in opposition.....
[/quote]

I think you''ll find there''s less than 2 years to go now... [:D]

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

[quote user="paul moy"]I wish him well with his future decades in opposition..... [/quote]

[/quote]Ah yes, indeed my Lord........ I can''t wait for the Tory/UKIP coalition....... I can''t see Balls jumping ship though, and would they want him anyway after he was instrumental in bankrupting the country, so I think ''decades'' still stands !!! 

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Lord Horn"]

[quote user="paul moy"]I wish him well with his future decades in opposition..... [/quote]

[/quote]Ah yes, indeed my Lord........ I can''t wait for the Tory/UKIP coalition....... I can''t see Balls jumping ship though, and would they want him anyway after he was instrumental in bankrupting the country, so I think ''decades'' still stands !!!  [/quote]

You have that the wrong way round. If there was ever such a thing it would be a UKIP/Tory coalition.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Lord Horn"]

[/quote]Ah yes, indeed my Lord........ I can''t wait for the Tory/UKIP coalition....... I can''t see Balls jumping ship though, and would they want him anyway after he was instrumental in bankrupting the country, so I think ''decades'' still stands !!!  [/quote]

You have that the wrong way round. If there was ever such a thing it would be a UKIP/Tory coalition.

[/quote]I hope you''re right !!!