Sign in to follow this  
Canary Addiction

PL Fixtures 2013/14 - Wed 19 June 9am

I was looking this up earlier in the week - someone told me the Football League season starts 3 August, which I just couldn''t believe, but it is true; we start two weeks later (making the last couple of weeks of PL friendlies interesting, as they often include a few champs away games).

They do have an extra 8 games to fit inand any extra FA cup games/replays can pile the fixtures up a bit, and I''m sure many clubs will know it is far easier to get fans out especially kids on warm summer afternoons than wet, windy winter nights.

As to us, I suspect that the fixtures will be pretty much as last season bar a few variations, rather than a complete ''rewrite''.

Season will presumabley finish a week or two earlier next season because of World Cup? Or Fifa will get upset and tell us off....

Looks like 11 May finish...MAY 2014Sat 3 May FL Championship & FL League1&2 EndsSun 11 May Premier League EndsWed 14 May UEFA Europa League FinalSat 17 May FA Cup FinalSat 24 May UEFA Champions League FinalFL Championship PO FinalSun 25 May FL League 1 PO FinalMon 26 May FL League 1 PO FinalJUNE 2014Wed 12 Jun FIFA World Cup in Brazil commencesJULY 2014Sun 13 Jul FIFA World Cup Final

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Cup final back to how it should be[Y]

[/quote]

I think we will need to wait and see on that, nutty. This season the Cup Final was perfectly placed, sandwiched debilitatedly between two games for one of our rivals in the relegation dogfight.[;)][:P][:D]