Sign in to follow this  
Captain Canary Jr.

Josh Murphy

Just a little hunch here. Josh Murphy hasn''t travelled with the rest of the youth team on a tour to Amsterdam. Is this because he is with the first team for the Man City? Or is it because of his commitments with the England under 19 team?

England U19. Their first match is on Friday. Pretty sure I read on his Twitter that he joined up with them on Tuesday just gone.

... then returned to come on in the 70th minute to replace his brother against Wroxham on Thursday night (according to the Pink''un report)? Possible, but doesn''t seem likely.  Would he have joined up as early as the day after winning the Youth Cup?  I''d like to see him on the bench today but think it''s unlikely.

With Turner injured and Barnett not looking as though he has a long-term future here maybe Toffolo could be there though.

Whilst the achievement of the U18''s was incredible and their were some awesome performances from a group of very talented players, including Harry of course, many posters seem to be forgetting we also have an U21 team.  Appreciating that quite a few of the U18 players play in the U21 team, it is perhaps interesting to note that when Harry plays he normally plays left back, there are at least two other centre backs selected ahead of him, this may be because the club consider him more of a left back the centre back but my point here is that the U21 generation may have become a forgotten generation in the light of the magnificent achievement of the U18''s.

Another season or two before I think we see either of the twins... its really important that they are handled correctly and not thrown in too soon, it could potentially have a devestating effect on their confidence and progress. Very exciting prospects though, just leave them with Neil to keep working with them to bring all aspects of their game up to standards. 

[quote user="Ray"]

Whilst the achievement of the U18''s was incredible and their were some awesome performances from a group of very talented players, including Harry of course, many posters seem to be forgetting we also have an U21 team.  Appreciating that quite a few of the U18 players play in the U21 team, it is perhaps interesting to note that when Harry plays he normally plays left back, there are at least two other centre backs selected ahead of him, this may be because the club consider him more of a left back the centre back but my point here is that the U21 generation may have become a forgotten generation in the light of the magnificent achievement of the U18''s.

[/quote]i can''t see Harry progressing as a LB, he is superb in the middle, and Ben Wyatt was exceptional as the LB. would hope both progress in those positions. but agree about the "older" generation. but the fact is, there is only a few places available in the first team squad for players to be promoted into. most of these highly touted lads will not make it with us, but will move on to other clubs. unfortunately.

I wouldn''t be adverse to seeing some of these youngsters brought into some cup games next season.