Sign in to follow this  
ARCHIEGEMMELL

A Potential New Signing

What does the board think about Stijn Schaars as a possible transfer target?  I don''t know that much about the player only what I have read on the internet but he has been compared to Steven Gerrard so should be an improvement to our current squad and could go on to be quite a formidable force in our midfield!  He plays with Ricky at Sporting and is a team mate at international level so would probably be easily convinced to follow in his footsteps.  Now...like I said I don''t know that much about him so regards to his true valuation in the open market and how much he would cost and wages on top I don''t know! I am only pursuing this because of the financial mess Sporting are in and the fact that we managed to sign Ricky for a fraction of his worth considering his parent club had a buy out clause of 19.7 million on him! We could get a very nice bargain and at 29 would bring some much needed experience into our team.

[quote user="ARCHIEGEMMELL"]What does the board think about Stijn Schaars as a possible transfer target?  I don''t know that much about the player only what I have read on the internet but he has been compared to Steven Gerrard so should be an improvement to our current squad and could go on to be quite a formidable force in our midfield!  He plays with Ricky at Sporting and is a team mate at international level so would probably be easily convinced to follow in his footsteps.  Now...like I said I don''t know that much about him so regards to his true valuation in the open market and how much he would cost and wages on top I don''t know! I am only pursuing this because of the financial mess Sporting are in and the fact that we managed to sign Ricky for a fraction of his worth considering his parent club had a buy out clause of 19.7 million on him! We could get a very nice bargain and at 29 would bring some much needed experience into our team.[/quote]
How the buggering hell should we know?

Oh you mean THIS board? I thought you meant the NCFC board. Well, alrighty then!

I''d prefer Zakaria Labyad instead if your talking about fellow Dutch players of Sporting to accompany RVW,

He would add alot more to our attacking play than Schaars would.