Sign in to follow this  
Monty13

Who's on the beach already?

There''s been a lot of talk in threads of Man City players having nothing to play for and some real belief in us winning today.

While I would love us to beat them at their ground, and I do believe we can beat any team on our day, I can''t help but feel, even in their manager less state, a Norwich win is unlikely. Although I do get this feeling we can get something from the game, even though Man City are a bogey team.

Anyway the question I wish to ask is objectively, why do people believe our players will be more up for the game today?

I can understand that the club has something to play for, with a top half finish unlikely, but available, and I''m sure Hughton and the board want as big a pot to play with next year as possible. But why the players?

You take the adage often spouted on here that a manager sets his team up but once the whistle starts it''s on the players to perform, which is of course true, then what incentive is there for our players to out perform today''s opposition?

As far as I can tell there are 22 players taking the field today with this years task achieved and individually nothing really to play for. Our players have apparently received a large bonus for keeping us up already. Are either set if players out to impress? When I can''t believe that the new Man City manager is going to base his opinions of their players on one performance, and I can''t believe that Hughton hasn''t already decided who is in his plans for next season. I also doubt either set want to get injured before their holidays.

Now you might think i''m being cynical but the above could lead to a flowing attacking game from both sides playing without pressure and freedom. It might also lead to a game with some individual lapses of concentration, not showing the full effort and with some uncommitted challenges.

I''m not trying to be controversial, just genuinely interested why people think Man City players will be less up for it today than ours, as I can''t see an argument for it.

I''d like to think our boys are better than that.Hughton is surely going to make a lot of changes in the Summer. I''m sure the boys will want to impress him up to the last game of the season.Furthermore just by following them on Twitter you can see they are a tight nit group who are well up for it.Also Winning away at Man City is the kind of thing you tell your son / daughter when you''ve retired. Can''t for the life of me think the lads will do anything but give 110%

Well, I watched the tedious last game of last season against Villa on the box and kept flicking over to the Man U and Man City games (I get all Premier League games on cable TV where I am). Both teams clearly had nothing to play for and didn''t show up. I expect the same today so I''ll probably be flicking over to the more interesting Tottenham/Arsenal Champions League place decider games.

Because Man City''s final league position is already set in stone. We can finish top half if results go our way.

Of course, that relies on the professionalism of our players to go out and play to win, and want as high a league position as possible. If their bonuses have been paid on survival, rather than final league position then it''s easy to see how they might not be that bothered.

Let''s also not forget that a game against Man City away is big. Players often play better against the big teams because of this added motivation and I think that will be the main motivation for the players today.

Man City cannot improve their league position or worsen it, they are off to the USA tomorrow and they already have their bags packed and one foot out of the door.They won''t want to risk an injury and miss the trip so it''s an easy win for us! They''re shIte anyway!

Haha I take it all back, Man City are not even bothering and we look a much better team! OTBC