Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Gus Poyet

Talksport this morning reported that Poyet was ''outfoxed'' by Ian Holloway in the semi-final playoff, so perhaps there is a clue there as to who would be more suitable if the job ever became available.  

The comments Poyet came out with when they lost the play-off semi final stink of a man who believes he is far bigger than the club.

[quote user="paul moy"]Talksport this morning reported that Poyet was ''outfoxed'' by Ian Holloway in the semi-final playoff, so perhaps there is a clue there as to who would be more suitable if the job ever became available.   [/quote]Your obsessed, it is not healthy. Holloway has the distinguished record of 1 season in the Premier League, one relegation.

Meanwhile Poyet has come under fire from former midfielder Vicente who branded him as ‘selfish’ and ''egocentric'' after he was released from the club this week.

The former Spain international told The Brighton Argus: 

‘He is the worst person I''ve come across in football. For me he is a selfish person, very egocentric. I say that because it''s how I feel.

''I won''t talk badly about my team-mates, because they have been fantastic with me. What I think is unacceptable is that the manager makes fun of his players. I''ve seen things here that I have never seen in my career. If you miss with a shot in training, he makes fun. For me, that is unacceptable in football.’

Those are some very strong comments from Vicente. I don''t think I''ve ever seen a player make such derogatory remarks about a manager he served under. 

Jesus,Those are shocking comments from Vicente and if there''s any truth to it, then I''m going to admit to being wrong in championing Poyet as a potential replacement for Hughton recently...I may not like the style of play I''ve seen this season, but I have respect for Hughton as an individual, and certainly wouldn''t trade that for a slightly more ''exciting'' option in the form of Poyet if that''s what he brings with him.

I have a friend who supports Brighton, he is pleased Poyet has gone.

He would be way down my list of replacements if Hughton went

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="paul moy"]Talksport this morning reported that Poyet was ''outfoxed'' by Ian Holloway in the semi-final playoff, so perhaps there is a clue there as to who would be more suitable if the job ever became available.   [/quote]Your obsessed, it is not healthy. Holloway has the distinguished record of 1 season in the Premier League, one relegation. [/quote]You forget to mention also the 3 play-off finals Holloway has managed in the last 4 years or so against the odds, two with Blackpool and one with Palace, both unfashionable clubs with little funds. His credentials are streets ahead of Poyet''s, and that is the point I am making as Poyet is totally unproven and lacking in Holloway''s experience. 

Whereas Holloway has proved he is a great championship manager but no good at premiership level. Same as Bruce, Warnock, McCarthy etc etc.

[quote user="Herman "]Whereas Holloway has proved he is a great championship manager but no good at premiership level. Same as Bruce, Warnock, McCarthy etc etc.[/quote]Whereas Poyet is unproven at Champs higher level, but Holloway is.  Holloway did however have a very good Prem season as manager considering the extremely limited resources he had, and was only a point or so from survival. Hughton had a far better squad for Newcastle and Norwich than Holloway ever had.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="king canary"][quote user="paul moy"]Talksport this morning reported that Poyet was ''outfoxed'' by Ian Holloway in the semi-final playoff, so perhaps there is a clue there as to who would be more suitable if the job ever became available.   [/quote]Your obsessed, it is not healthy. Holloway has the distinguished record of 1 season in the Premier League, one relegation. [/quote]You forget to mention also the 3 play-off finals Holloway has managed in the last 4 years or so against the odds, two with Blackpool and one with Palace, both unfashionable clubs with little funds. His credentials are streets ahead of Poyet''s, and that is the point I am making as Poyet is totally unproven and lacking in Holloway''s experience.  [/quote]In isolation yes Holloway in the Premiership did well with a low budget- watching them however they clearly had a terrible defence and didn''t do naything to improve it in January. Also his play-offs with Palace was not ''against the odds'' they were in contention for automatic promotion when he took over. Lots of Palace fans are not actually that happy with him but if they go up then all is well.