Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Gus Poyet

Gus Poyet apparently suspended at Brighton.I''d presume due to having been caught applying for another job as manager.Interesting seeing so many on here had him down as the perfect Norwich replacement. (I''m not saying he''s coming here obviously, just wondering where he might have been tempted to go)

It''s an odd one but he''s been apparently having a go at the owners in the media about budget funding for next season and also saying he might have got Brighton as far as he can take them. There''s also a rumour doing the rounds that he might go to Fulham.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Everton...

Why would he apply for a non-existant job?[/quote]I was thinking Fulham. There''s been a lot in the papers recently linking him with them.Twitter seems to be moving to a "budget dispute" story now though.What that means I have no idea, something about a bust up between the manager and board over wages / transfers I presume.

Saw reports earlier in the week that said Poyet had said that he didn''t feel the £10m budget (for transfers, fees and salaries) was sufficient for him to take the club forward.

Interesting to note he achieved exactly as much as Hughton did last season- play-off semi final. Just Poyet spent more.

Yes he''s been moaning about a lack of transfer funds, despite splashing £2 million on a striker in Jan, what was it £3 million on Mackail-Smith?

Paying Wayne Bridge and Vicente''s wages, Kusczak must be on a fair whack seeming as he probably could''ve gone to a decent Prem side.

Not exactly living on peanuts there Gustavo

Question for those who think Poyet should be our next manager - Poyet''s assistant manager of choice is Mauricio Taricco.......

rather smacks of the poisoned dwarf who conjured up some cobblers about lack of money to cover his underhand dealings with Leicesterstuff like that should stay within the boardroom, which speaks volumes for his integrity and would make me question having someone with his ''principles'' involved in our club

[quote user="king canary"]Interesting to note he achieved exactly as much as Hughton did last season- play-off semi final. Just Poyet spent more.[/quote]Have a word with yourself!We spent somewhere around 10-12 million on players last summer, whereas most of Brightons'' signings were either free transfers or pretty low fees.They probably spent a quarter of what we did at most, and if you genuinely think they spent over 10 million on a virtually unknown Latvian defender and players like Stephen Dobbie, then I think you need to go see a mental health professional...

To be fair to other posters including Purple have, at times, advocated Poyet. I suspect he''s headed for Everton or Fulham, but does advocate football with flair.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="king canary"]Interesting to note he achieved exactly as much as Hughton did last season- play-off semi final. Just Poyet spent more.[/quote]Have a word with yourself!We spent somewhere around 10-12 million on players last summer, whereas most of Brightons'' signings were either free transfers or pretty low fees.They probably spent a quarter of what we did at most, and if you genuinely think they spent over 10 million on a virtually unknown Latvian defender and players like Stephen Dobbie, then I think you need to go see a mental health professional...[/quote]

Hughton was at Birmingham last season, not with us.

[quote user="fen_boy"]Hughton was at Birmingham last season, not with us.[/quote]Ah, my mistake, was thinking that this season was pretty much over so made an obviously incorrect assumption [:(]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="fen_boy"]Hughton was at Birmingham last season, not with us.[/quote]
Ah, my mistake, was thinking that this season was pretty much over so made an obviously incorrect assumption [:(]
[/quote]

Don''t worry about it Indy this messageboard is littered with incorrect assumptions.

Luckily no one would let their blind hatred of the Manager of our club influence their opinion in a rational debate.

If Poyet is in dispute with the chairman and/or board at Brighton does anybody know why ALL of the backroom staff have been suspended as well ?

Maybe because they all agree with Poyet???I honestly don''t know, but surely this is the most logical answer?

[quote user="Highland Canary"]To be fair to other posters including Purple have, at times, advocated Poyet. I suspect he''s headed for Everton or Fulham, but does advocate football with flair.[/quote]

He was my first choice this time last year in a theoretical universe, but as far as I know (based on specific recent questions to this effect) he simply wasn''t available then. He wanted to stay with Brighton. Hughton, by contrast, was available.  Now the question is again entirely moot because we won''t be changing managers this summer. But one''s impression, from a distance, is still that Poyet may make it in the Premier League.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Did someone say Poyet!? Id love him!

But Fulham bound app, some strange bets went on yesterday.
[/quote]

The grass is always greener. He has failed this season.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="king canary"]Interesting to note he achieved exactly as much as Hughton did last season- play-off semi final. Just Poyet spent more.
[/quote]
Have a word with yourself!

We spent somewhere around 10-12 million on players last summer, whereas most of Brightons'' signings were either free transfers or pretty low fees.

They probably spent a quarter of what we did at most, and if you genuinely think they spent over 10 million on a virtually unknown Latvian defender and players like Stephen Dobbie, then I think you need to go see a mental health professional...
[/quote]

Was the comparison meant to be between Hughton''s time in the Championship with Birmingham, and Poyet ?  Where Hughton had little to spend while Poyet seems to have had a bit more.

To me Poyet is too inexperienced for us to think about replacing Hughton with him now.  I think Hughton should have next season. Although in reality, for every manager in the league, if performances up to Christmas have been dire, the board would consider a change.  Now that SAF has gone, I think any manager is at risk in December if results have been bad enough up to then.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Everton...

Why would he apply for a non-existant job?[/quote]I think Hughton might be offended if somebody told him his job is non-existent..... 

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="king canary"]Interesting to note he achieved exactly as much as Hughton did last season- play-off semi final. Just Poyet spent more.[/quote]Have a word with yourself!We spent somewhere around 10-12 million on players last summer, whereas most of Brightons'' signings were either free transfers or pretty low fees.They probably spent a quarter of what we did at most, and if you genuinely think they spent over 10 million on a virtually unknown Latvian defender and players like Stephen Dobbie, then I think you need to go see a mental health professional...[/quote]Reading not a strong point I see.

[quote user="king canary"]Reading not a strong point I see.[/quote]I guess not for both of us, as you also appear to have missed my apology for misunderstanding the point and making an incorrect assumption...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="king canary"]Reading not a strong point I see.[/quote]I guess not for both of us, as you also appear to have missed my apology for misunderstanding the point and making an incorrect assumption...[/quote]No I saw it- still thought I was entitled to a little dig being as you said I should ''consult a mental health professional.'' All good now ey?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2326470/Gus-Poyet-fury-Brighton-leave-poo-Crystal-Palace-dressing-room.html

Not even funny, sounds like Poyet is losing it at Brighton.