Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Henry Blofeld - Legend

Great to hear Henry Blofeld giving a big shout out to all the Norwich City fans on their way to Man City on Test Match Special a little while back.

And England walloped New Zealand.

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Great to hear Henry Blofeld giving a big shout out to all the Norwich City fans on their way to Man City on Test Match Special a little while back.

And England walloped New Zealand.[/quote]Yes! Some proper sport at last after months of this dreary football nonsense. Our bowling looks OK but  the batting still worries me, with or withoute Pietersen. Too fragile.

Pietersen leaves big boots to fill, but Root looks a good find in the attacking mould.  Bairstow doesn''t impress me much either.  Quite happy with Compton, Cook, Trott, Root, Bell and Prior at 7 though so I don''t think our batting line-up is awful.  We do need to find a dependable no 5.Broad bowled beautifully this morning as did Anderson.  I thought it would be a tight one with NZ getting around 200, but didn''t expect the collapse to be quite so marked.

[quote user="Jan van Chopsburg"]Pietersen leaves big boots to fill, but Root looks a good find in the attacking mould.  Bairstow doesn''t impress me much either.  Quite happy with Compton, Cook, Trott, Root, Bell and Prior at 7 though so I don''t think our batting line-up is awful.  We do need to find a dependable no 5.Broad bowled beautifully this morning as did Anderson.  I thought it would be a tight one with NZ getting around 200, but didn''t expect the collapse to be quite so marked.[/quote][|-)]

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"][quote user="Jan van Chopsburg"]Pietersen leaves big boots to fill, but Root looks a good find in the attacking mould.  Bairstow doesn''t impress me much either.  Quite happy with Compton, Cook, Trott, Root, Bell and Prior at 7 though so I don''t think our batting line-up is awful.  We do need to find a dependable no 5.Broad bowled beautifully this morning as did Anderson.  I thought it would be a tight one with NZ getting around 200, but didn''t expect the collapse to be quite so marked.[/quote][|-)][/quote][A]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Who the hell is Henry Blofeld???Isn''t he a villain in James Bond films...[/quote]

Supposedly Fleming got the name from Henry Blofeld''s father. Fleming and Blofeld père being at school together.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Supposedly Fleming got the name from Henry Blofeld''s father. Fleming and Blofeld père being at school together.[/quote]Thanks for the info PC, but I still have absolutely no clue who the guy is...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Supposedly Fleming got the name from Henry Blofeld''s father. Fleming and Blofeld père being at school together.[/quote]Thanks for the info PC, but I still have absolutely no clue who the guy is...[/quote]He used to play a bit of amateur cricket:

Ah, that would explain it then, never developed any passion for the old cork thumpers with their willow sticks [:D]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Who the hell is Henry Blofeld???Isn''t he a villain in James Bond films...[/quote]

Supposedly Fleming got the name from Henry Blofeld''s father. Fleming and Blofeld père being at school together.

[/quote]Ah, the real inner circle....