Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Only a point out

I predicted 43 points and the boys outdid my by a single point. I must learn not to underestimate them next season.A win at Man City, whodda thunk it?[:)]

And after all the wetting of pants, we improved on last seasons position.

Who would have thunk THAT lol?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]As some will remember I predicted we would stay up on 38 points, so i''ll just make a thread about it so everyone knows![/quote]Go on then Nanna, might improve your post count.[;)]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="I am a Banana"]As some will remember I predicted we would stay up on 38 points, so i''ll just make a thread about it so everyone knows![/quote]Go on then Nanna, might improve your post count.[;)][/quote]

I''ll let you keep making their rather pointless posts so you can catch my post count.

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="I am a Banana"]As some will remember I predicted we would stay up on 38 points, so i''ll just make a thread about it so everyone knows![/quote]Go on then Nanna, might improve your post count.[;)][/quote]

I''ll let you keep making their rather pointless posts so you can catch my post count.[/quote]Doubt I''ll live that long [:P]

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="I am a Banana"]As some will remember I predicted we would stay up on 38 points, so i''ll just make a thread about it so everyone knows![/quote]

P*ss off.
[/quote]

Zip it Moron![:#]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="ricardo"]I predicted 43 points and the boys outdid my by a single point. I must learn not to underestimate them next season.A win at Man City, whodda thunk it?[:)][/quote]Call yourself a forecaster ? That''s rubbish[;)]

[/quote]Not as good as the 4-0 forecast!

Well done Ricardo, and of course, the late snowy.

What a season we''ve had, from a ten game unbeaten run, to not being able to buy a win since Christmas!

Totally worth the close run-in though for the panty wetting scale thread!

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="I am a Banana"]As some will remember I predicted we would stay up on 38 points, so i''ll just make a thread about it so everyone knows![/quote]Go on then Nanna, might improve your post count.[;)][/quote]

I''ll let you keep making their rather pointless posts so you can catch my post count.[/quote]You''ll never compete on quality, and quantity is irrelevant.  Go and join a Holland forum or stick your finger in a dyke.

[quote user="ricardo"]I predicted 43 points and the boys outdid my by a single point. I must learn not to underestimate them next season.A win at Man City, whodda thunk it?[:)][/quote]Well done Ricardo, a Fine poster with dry pants!! :-)

[quote user="K Lo"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="ricardo"]I predicted 43 points and the boys outdid my by a single point. I must learn not to underestimate them next season.A win at Man City, whodda thunk it?[:)][/quote]Call yourself a forecaster ? That''s rubbish[;)]

[/quote]Not as good as the 4-0 forecast![/quote]To be fair to get so close over the agonies of a 38 game season probably just shades it.[;)]

I must admit after the Villa game I was thinking.... the Ricardo predicted 43... Ill have some of what he was drinking! But as ever how fantastic it feels to be wrong!

another season where the old bollox about needing 40 points to stay up has been proven just that .. old bollox

ps perhaps you could post up some of your absurd stuff (as was claimed by others) that the bottom three would come from Soton, Villa, Wigan, QPR, Reading, or how you pooh poo''ed the suggestion that QPR would win another 7 games or that City wouldn''t be relegated

all now forgotten by some on here

[quote user="City1st"]another season where the old bollox about needing 40 points to stay up has been proven just that .. old bollox

ps perhaps you could post up some of your absurd stuff (as was claimed by others) that the bottom three would come from Soton, Villa, Wigan, QPR, Reading, or how you pooh poo''ed the suggestion that QPR would win another 7 games or that City wouldn''t be relegated

all now forgotten by some on here

[/quote]Indeed C1st, I took a lot of flak over my early predictions. It still beats me how many people swallowed all that Harry Houdini stuff. I said it was total bollix at the time and not born out by facts but many sucked it in never the less.Looking at the final table I see only 11 teams won more games than us and only seven lost fewer. Eleveth position was better than I had expected but in retrospect any relegation fears were more in our own minds than in the actual results. In the end there wasn''t a lot between success and failure but thats what the Premier League is all about for those not amongst the elite 7.The addition of Wolfman and hopefully a creative midfielder should give us all hope that 2013-14 will be even better[:D]

[quote user="City1st"]another season where the old bollox about needing 40 points to stay up has been proven just that .. old bollox

[/quote]But if any one of Wigan, QPR and Reading had reached that magical 40 point mark they would have stayed up and Sunderland would have gone down in their place.

it''s been an old old season .... in many waysif only to shoot down so much shite that gets regurgitated by the witlessas you said about ''dodgy'' ''arry'' the myth has perhaps finally put to bed, along with the 40 points bolloxlikewise the old tosh about an established PL club - or consolidation (another favourite of the gormless)We have seen quite a few battling away around the lower midtable placings - Newcastle, Stoke, Fulham, Villa and Sunderland as well ourselves and S''oton.Nothing is certain, established or consolidated for most in this league bar the top eight or so. Each season starts afresh and teams have to cope with loss of key players (Ruddy ?), blending in new faces and the loss of a few old faces.For us I would suggest that we have managed to smooth out those variables as much as possible and I think that if we can get to the position where we have ''one and a spare'' as before then we can be optmistic about next sesam.For me it would be another left back, and central defender and someone wide out left as well as another one up front, replacing Tierney, Barnett and Jackson. Midfield will be down to whether Hughton wants to continue with his Saxon wall policy of the players congregating en masse around the penalty box or taking heed of what the team are capable of when they decide to take matters into their own hands.

[quote user="Zak Burger"][quote user="City1st"]another season where the old bollox about needing 40 points to stay up has been proven just that .. old bollox

[/quote]

But if any one of Wigan, QPR and Reading had reached that magical 40 point mark they would have stayed up and Sunderland would have gone down in their place.
[/quote]

^^^Most pointless post ever!!!^^^

[quote user="Zak Van Burger"][quote user="City1st"]another season where the old bollox about needing 40 points to stay up has been proven just that .. old bollox

[/quote]But if any one of Wigan, QPR and Reading had reached that magical 40 point mark they would have stayed up and Sunderland would have gone down in their place.[/quote]

oh dear

oh dearie, dear me

for once words fail me

[quote user="City1st"]taking heed of what the team are capable of when they decide to take matters into their own hands.[/quote]

This notion is the most terminally dim idea I have seen.  Players have to stand up and be counted.  Maybe your wonderful invention of players "taking things into their own hands" is "really players coming to terms with what is expected of them".   Perform - ie. defend as a team and attack as a team.  That is the way Hughton likes his teams to play and we have seen it like that on several occasions this season, not just the last two games.    I do wonder why even some of our most ardent fans are so easily swayed by gossip. 

[quote user="City1st"]it''s been an old old season .... in many waysif only to shoot down so much shite that gets regurgitated by the witlessas you said about ''dodgy'' ''arry'' the myth has perhaps finally put to bed, along with the 40 points bolloxlikewise the old tosh about an established PL club - or consolidation (another favourite of the gormless)We have seen quite a few battling away around the lower midtable placings - Newcastle, Stoke, Fulham, Villa and Sunderland as well ourselves and S''oton.Nothing is certain, established or consolidated for most in this league bar the top eight or so. Each season starts afresh and teams have to cope with loss of key players (Ruddy ?), blending in new faces and the loss of a few old faces.For us I would suggest that we have managed to smooth out those variables as much as possible and I think that if we can get to the position where we have ''one and a spare'' as before then we can be optmistic about next sesam.For me it would be another left back, and central defender and someone wide out left as well as another one up front, replacing Tierney, Barnett and Jackson. Midfield will be down to whether Hughton wants to continue with his Saxon wall policy of the players congregating en masse around the penalty box or taking heed of what the team are capable of when they decide to take matters into their own hands.[/quote]I would like to see another Wes because we don''t look the same team without him. Players like that are hard to come by but no doubt the scouting staff will have a few names on their list. I agree, I think the three you mention will depart in the summer and I would be surpised if any of the loans came back. Possibly Butterfield will be given more chance but I think now we have money to spend it will be aimed at juicier targets.The Dogey Rumours page looks like being set for some serious action.[;)]

The prediction I''m proudest of making was before the Villa game when I said 38 points would be enough to stay up.

We could lose our last three games and survive.

I''m glad we didn''t mind but all the wailing and weeping was so unnecessary and at times self indulgent.

We largely agree that if we survived this season then the debt free and Wolfman future was the start of a new era. I can''t wait.

Bring it on!,

" I would be surpised if any of the loans came back"

That depends on whether they are being loaned out to gain expereince/develop etc or simply to help pay their wages and find the another club.vaughan I think could return footballing wise but the stuff I''m hearingboff field suggests he would be happier ooop nort. I wouldn''t have thought that Butterfielsd would have ben bought only to be sold on so soon.Ward has definitely gone and Ayala would have to stepped up a bit to be at the standard of either Turner or Bennett. As to the youngsters I should imagine that we have simply ''outgrown'' them and if they are not up to it now then how will more season away from our coaching and integrating in the main squad help.Much will depend on the contracts they still have.

I have to admit that whilst my head said we were safe my heart doesn''t like to take chances.

A text after the West Brom game I sent to my father in law sums it up:

''I started the game with spare underwear to hand, luckily I only needed them for the good reasons, p-ing myself with excitement!''

I also don''t totally buy the board telling Hughton to change his approach rumour either. Anyone that has actually been watching games would have noted that our performances had actually improved over the last few games prior to the win at West Brom despite losses etc.

Also, the way that space was exploited today shows that Hughton is capable of taking the tactics to a team.