Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Man City vs Norwich Match Thread

Good riddance to Halsey after this. You just know an away side coming to CR would have got at least one of those penalty decisions and we''d have had a player off for the Milner challenge. I''m so sick of having to watch us play every game handicapped!

Just seen the highlights of the first half, missed both the penalty shouts. What do we have to do to be awarded one? They were both blatant - and Milner''s challenge on Garrido was 1) far worse than the one he was complaining about on Rodwell, 2) clearly an retaliation by his own admission and 3) could have broken Garrido''s leg.Never mind Man City, Halsey''s obviously on the beach already. [:@]

You''re right Indy_Bones, but i think its more uber leniency than not giving a cr@p. The handball was definitely a pen but the linesman should have given it, the tackle on pilks looks a pen on replay but i can forgive the ref for giving benefit of doubt.

The tackle on Garrido though could have been a Red and should have been at least a yellow, awful challenge.

Very pleased with this display. Showing some attacking intent against the big boys and not going out with a whimper as I had expected, although MC look like they''re killing time til their hols.
Unlucky with both pens and how Milner has not even been booked for flying in on Garrido like that is beyond belief. Halsey is having a shocker, although tbf as long as no-one gets seriously injured then I guess it''s not that important anyway. A win would bump the prize money by a couple of mill though

"Again we''re showing what we can do when we''re allowed to attack"

I know full well what you mean by that comment, but you''ve unwittingly hit the nail on the head. We''re being allowed to attack...not by Chris Hughton, but by a lacklustre Man City side.

Please let go the fallacy of us never attacking under Hughton. It''s getting old, and makes you look stupid.

Are referees'' paid based on their performance? If not maybe they should! 2 clear cut penalties!!!

[quote user="jcutt35"]Are referees'' paid based on their performance? If not maybe they should! 2 clear cut penalties!!![/quote]

Diabolical, isn''t it? The first you can just about forgive. The 2nd is as blatant as they come, and for Milner not to be booked at least for that lunge is just inept.

We literally couldn''t buy a penalty at the moment - both are stone wall.

Thank god this game is meaningless!

What a pass to Snoddy for the assist - was that Howson?!

Not sure the tackle on Snoddy was a pen, the two from the first half were arguably penalties though

2-2.  Not sure Ruddy will be happy conceding from that narrow angle.

I do worry about the lack of pace down the right side - neither R. Martin or Whittaker are really quick enough to deal with players like Lennon, Walcott, or apparently Jack Rodwell!

We were tenth in the league for about 2 minutes there.

Oh. my. god.Howson! What a goal!

OH MY GOD HOWSON!

YES!

That''s how you put yourself into the first team plans!