Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

Holty finished as our top goalscorer!!

Who ever expected anything else? He is our best striker [;)] For a few more weeks, anyways!

[quote user="Stig"]Who ever expected anything else? He is our best striker [;)] For a few more weeks, anyways![/quote]

Wel said sir stig.[Y]

He has looked back to his best the last few games, a valuable squad player still next year I hope.

The man is a legend in my eyes. When we signed him I expected to see a lower league trundler but it didn''t take many games for me to see that I had been very wrong indeed.Holty has written a big page in NCFC history.

f**k off Gemmell - have you seen any games this season. Holt has been told to play a totally different game and has more often than not been stuck out wide where his chance of scoring is practically nil. His work rate or commitment has never been in question has it? Another 100% effort today from someone people on here think that he does not give a sh* t and is only here this season for the money. 

Well done holty.

I still feel we need a second choice striker ahead of holty and becchio. But well done holty

It''s noticeable that Holt has been far more central in the last 2 games and looked a far better player.

Kamara ended up playing wide when he was up front on his own too so it was obviously a tactical choice and not just Holt wandering off of his own accord.

Holt hasn''t done a lot wrong this season. I can''t remember him missing any sitters (apart from Soton pen). He just hasn''t had many chances. Kamara could likewise feel hard done by on that score.

[quote user="smooth"]Well done holty.

I still feel we need a second choice striker ahead of holty and becchio. But well done holty[/quote]

I hear there''s a player called Ricky van Wolfswinkel who plays in Portugal..[;)]

Feed Holty quickly from midfield and let someone run off him and bingo the old Holty is back.

Looking forward to him playing for us next season. Great club captain on and off the field.

Herman, Holt is now on 78 for us in total, which leaves him 2 shy of Jack Vinall, and 4 off Robert Fleck on 84.

Iwan, of course, is 3rd on 96. Will we see Holt eclipse the big man before the end of his Norwich career?

I forgot just how many goals Holt has scored for us!

That fat plonker must be shipped out back to non league Carlisle. Not fit for top level football anymore.

Don''t give a toss about what him does as long as him leaves us.

[quote user="Reykjavik Canary"]That fat plonker must be shipped out back to non league Carlisle. Not fit for top level football anymore.

Don''t give a toss about what him does as long as him leaves us.[/quote]

Lay off the booze and stop fouling up this board bw.

I''m a massive Holt fan. He''d be in my all time best eleven for sure. Here''s our top goal scorers in a format showing goals per game. Roy Hollis, Ralph Hunt, Ron Davies and James Jackson didn''t play any games for us in the top tier. Holty and Supermac''s records do making them more impressive in my eyes. Supermac was maybe a slightly better finisher but goal scoring was his only contribution. We get far more from Holty!

GoalscorerGoalsGamesGoals per GameGames per Goal
Roy Hollis591070.551.81
Ralph Hunt721320.551.83
Ron Davies661260.521.91
James Jackson571190.482.09
Ted MacDougall661380.482.09
Grant Holt781680.462.15
Jack Vinall801810.442.26
Johnny Gavin1323380.392.56
Kevin Drinkell571500.382.63
John Deehan701940.362.77
Ken Burditt611730.352.84