Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

so then all you hughton outers...

I am well aware where the quote came from Foghorn.

My point is that opinions are like a$$holes, everybody has one.

Now anyone who seriously believes that their opinion is more valid than someone who manages a Premiership football team fora living is a deluded fool. People can sit here and type about how Hughton got things wrong, but at the end of the day, they know nowt.

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]You idiots are basing the season on the last two games.

That''s how they should have been playing all season.

Piss poor management. Setting up a team for so many games wrong.

Something was certainly said from the board two games ago

No it''s not jeff

-----------------------------------------------------------------

two games can add up to 44 points? and we''re the idiots.

we''re 11th. not because of two games. because of the season as a whole.[/quote]

i am basing the season on the 38 games that got us to where we are... Like it or not.. Hoots has done better than the messiah... I''f Lambert had been here and we had the exact same season there''d be a few C***ing themselves over it....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]we have finished with a higher league position, conceding less goals than we did under "the messiah", and a fantastic home record. as well as making our record signing who will join this summer.We also finished above our former managers relegation battlers..still saying "Hughton out" or sitting there feeling very silly?i''d rather Hughton than Lambert...[/quote]

That''s in itself rather silly as it can easily be said that we finished with less points than last season (down to us) rather than position(down to them) and we scored less goals than last season ... we also finished with a worse goal difference as well.As to what Lambert did at Villa that is as much to do with what the state of the club he talk over as it is him. Head to haed he took 4 points of the six a beat us in the cup (at home).The record signing was made from the money from Lamberts last season as we had no idea at the time of signing where we would finish.As to those calling for ''Hughton out'', I would suggest that not all of them are actually City fans. so their views are not really relevant. As a City fan yours are and so it mmight help if they were a bit more well thought out.

morty: People can sit here and type about how Hughton got things wrong, but at the end of the day, they know nowt.

------------------------------------------------

And Hughton is not the messiah and is more than capable of getting things wrong.

I think it is quite apt that we finally pushed our way over the line by actually taking the game to teams. It is certainly no surprise that we manage our 2nd away win of the season by attacking the opposition, rather than trying to play as many defensive players as possible like we did during the dismal defeat at Stoke.

[quote user="alartz"]You idiots are basing the season on the last two games. That''s how they should have been playing all season. Piss poor management. Setting up a team for so many games wrong. Something was certainly said from the board two games ago No it''s not jeff[/quote]

I bet it''s Geoff.

[quote user="QHcanary"]"2 wins against teams with nothing to play for don''t define your season" Maybe not, but you play til the death and its the league position at the end that matters. No?[/quote]

The season is defined by 38 games, not 2. Every team finishes where they deserve to finish. Fact.

I find this thread ironic. Whenever we were losing in the final quarter of the season a Hughton out thread would start and people would condemn it for being started.

Were safe and beat Man City and the people condemning the Hughton out threads start a gloating we were right thread.

I don''t have strong feelings either way, he is done a good job so far and I''m looking forward to next season but it hasn''t been all plain sailing this year.

Can you not feel the hypocrisy?

Can we all not just be happy on a day like today rather than picking fights and gloating?

If we had gone down today I would be gutted and I bet I would be looking at dozens of gloating we were right threads revelling in their doom mongering.

Why not just be the bigger man Jas?

[quote user="I.S."]From what I can gather, the "Hughton Outers" are basing their opinion on the shocking football we''ve witnessed in places this seasons, and their lack of faith in Hughton''s managerial ability to produce good, attacking football.[/quote]Absolutely right in regards to my own opinion.I have absolutely detested some of the football I''ve seen this season, with the Stoke game being the crowning turd in the water bowl.[quote]In the last two games we''ve thoroughly outplayed last season''s Champions at their stadium, and thrashed another top ten team at home. We''ve played excellent attacking football (which was their major concern with Hughton) and the scoreline today flattered our opponents more than it did us. We have also secured our top-flight status for another season, and bettered last season''s finishing position.[/quote]Whilst I do think that WBA put in their worst performance of the season and that Man City were halfway to the beach before they realised we were going to do them, you can''t knock either result or the quality of football on display in those games.I''m not going to blindly trot out the "why haven''t we played like that all season" line, because a certain degree in playing like that depends on the opposition and how much they let you do it. I do feel that we have approached too many games in an overly defensive and negative manner, and if there''d been more examples of the football we''ve seen in the last 2 games during those spells, I think you''d have struggled to find many fans with genuine complaints.I''m also still not fully convinced with Hughton''s decisions regarding subs, especially when we''re behind and need to switch things up, but maybe that will improve if he has more players he feels he can trust to do so?[quote]I think those supporters who are not willing to give Hughton at least the benefit of the doubt into next season, are either WUMs or just so pig-headed they refuse to admit they might have made the wrong call about him.[/quote]I admit that I asked for him to be replaced in the summer, and that was because I cannot stomach the thought of another season of the defensive tripe we''ve seen way too often this year, other than that and concerns about the subs, I really like Hughton (and have said so previously on numerous threads). His professionalism and conduct are excellent and if he gives us more of the football we''ve seen in the past 2 matches instead of the alternative then I''ll have ZERO complaints.Was I wrong to ask for him to be replaced - probably, and I''ll take this opportunity to hold my hands up and admit I was wrong. It was an overzealous reaction brought on by a couple of months of frustration at what I''d been watching each week, and I think that I may have lost sight of the big picture in the process.Hughton HAS earned the right to be given time to show that recent changes will continue going forwards, and that he will bring in the right players in the summer to help us achieve that (I can hardly complain about his other signings, although Becchio''s lack of opportunities still baffles).So to clarify again my position again: Chris - I was wrong and I apologise for that.OTBC.

[quote user="Jan van Chopsburg"]He''s done a great job, but he''s also got a few things wrong.  That isn''t a controversial statement, I trust.

[/quote]

Show me the Manager or human being that hasn''t!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Jas, can you please explain how 44 points is "better" than 47?[:^)][/quote]Because a league table takes into account the points amassed by other teams as well.

I was as much "Hughton out" as anybody at the start of the year (because of the Fulham debacle) but after watching the way we played at Spurs I have been fully behind him.

He has made mistakes, sure. But who hasnt? Hughton IN.

[quote user="morty"]I am well aware where the quote came from Foghorn. My point is that opinions are like a$$holes, everybody has one. Now anyone who seriously believes that their opinion is more valid than someone who manages a Premiership football team fora living is a deluded fool. People can sit here and type about how Hughton got things wrong, but at the end of the day, they know nowt.[/quote]

The simple truth is that the vast majority of them have never been within a million miles of a football pitch or football at any level.

[quote user="ThorpeCanary"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Jas, can you please explain how 44 points is "better" than 47?[:^)][/quote]

Because a league table takes into account the points amassed by other teams as well.
[/quote]

Correct, it does.  But that still does not mean that 44 points is better than 47! 

Why do people feel the need to be so aggressive and say that anyone who want Hughton gone is an idiot, clueless etc?? Both opinions are perfectly valid.

I''ll admit I am not a Hughton fan. Prior to the West Brom game we had been very poor in the majority of the previous 19 games. This is indisputable.

However, against West Brom, in a game that mattered, we were excellent. Yes WBA were a mess, but we played positive, direct football and looked like a completely different team. Our home form though had been consistent and that wasn''t the problem.

Our away form has been awful. Today, it wasn''t just the way we played, but the level of ambition we showed. It was hard to believe that this was the same side who had 2 points from their previous 9 away games.The same side who couldn''t muster an effort on target against Man U, Wigan and Stoke We deserved to win and could have had more goals.

If we showed this level of intent in more games and our midfield got forward as often then I would be delighted. Like most Hughton detractors i am not going to be convinced after 2 good perfomances, especially when the sides we played weren''t really up for the games, but the signs were very encouraging.

I wouldn''t sack Hughton (Previously I had wanted to, but still thought you couldn''t get rid of him if he achieved his goal, which was to stay up), since how do you sack a guy who finishes 11th? but surely Mcnally and Co have to sit down with him and ask where the hell performances like that have been.

Great end to what is ultimately a successful season. Lets hope next season sees some more watchable and ambitious football.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="ThorpeCanary"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Jas, can you please explain how 44 points is "better" than 47?[:^)][/quote]Because a league table takes into account the points amassed by other teams as well.[/quote]

Correct, it does.  But that still does not mean that 44 points is better than 47! 

[/quote]Indeed, but if someone could offer me now an improved league position with less points or a higher point taller but further down the table (bottom half teams doing a lot better with respect to higher teams) I know which one I''d choose.I wasn''t sure if you were making this a Hughton vs Lambert scenario (not saying you were) but if so the better comparison would be 44 to 41 [:P]

It is unquestionable that the performances of the last two games, that have earned six points and ensured PL safety with much to spare, were in total contrast to much that had gone on so far this year.

The ''Hughton Outers'' have been calling for better balance in the team for many months. The two sitting defensive midfielders have been dispensed with. Howson and Pilkington have played with unbridled freedom.Hoolahan has once again become influential.Holt has found a second wind.

Theses two performances have single-handedly earned the full backing of the vast majority of the fans. Whether Hughton alone is responsible for this radical change in outlook by the team is unknown.

As long as he has learned from the team''s last two performances, and takes the philosophy into next season, then the past few months will be dismissed as a necessary learning curve for Hughton.

At last everybody can now calm down, and look forward to the introduction of RVW.

" how do you sack a guy who finishes 11th?"didn''t seem to save the guys who finished 2nd and 3rd - and a European trophy into the bargain as well

[quote user="unique"]It is unquestionable that the performances of the last two games, that have earned six points and ensured PL safety with much to spare, were in total contrast to much that had gone on so far this year. The ''Hughton Outers'' have been calling for better balance in the team for many months. The two sitting defensive midfielders have been dispensed with. Howson and Pilkington have played with unbridled freedom.Hoolahan has once again become influential.Holt has found a second wind. Theses two performances have single-handedly earned the full backing of the vast majority of the fans. Whether Hughton alone is responsible for this radical change in outlook by the team is unknown. As long as he has learned from the team''s last two performances, and takes the philosophy into next season, then the past few months will be dismissed as a necessary learning curve for Hughton. At last everybody can now calm down, and look forward to the introduction of RVW.[/quote]

If we play like we did today next season unique, then I''m going to be a really happy canary.[Y]

[quote user="City1st"]" how do you sack a guy who finishes 11th?"didn''t seem to save the guys who finished 2nd and 3rd - and a European trophy into the bargain as well

[/quote]How about changing it to "how do you sack a manager who achieved his targets for the season"

[quote user="ThorpeCanary"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="ThorpeCanary"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Jas, can you please explain how 44 points is "better" than 47?[:^)][/quote]

Because a league table takes into account the points amassed by other teams as well.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Indeed, but if someone could offer me now an improved league position with less points or a higher point taller but further down the table (bottom half teams doing a lot better with respect to higher teams) I know which one I''d choose.

I wasn''t sure if you were making this a Hughton vs Lambert scenario (not saying you were) but if so the better comparison would be 44 to 41 [:P]
[/quote]

I''m not making this a Hughton vs Lambert, it''s Jas that did that.  I''d also pick a higher league finish. 

My point was in response to Jas who said that Hughton had done better than the messiah Lambert.  Yes we finished higher in the league this season, but we had fewer wins, less goals scored, a worse goal difference and fewer points.  I''m merely pointing out that you can therefore not proclaim that Hughton has done better than Lambert for us in the Prem.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="ThorpeCanary"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Indeed, but if someone could offer me now an improved league position with less points or a higher point taller but further down the table (bottom half teams doing a lot better with respect to higher teams) I know which one I''d choose.

I wasn''t sure if you were making this a Hughton vs Lambert scenario (not saying you were) but if so the better comparison would be 44 to 41 [:P]
[/quote]

I''m not making this a Hughton vs Lambert, it''s Jas that did that.  I''d also pick a higher league finish. 

My point was in response to Jas who said that Hughton had done better than the messiah Lambert.  Yes we finished higher in the league this season, but we had fewer wins, less goals scored, a worse goal difference and fewer points.  I''m merely pointing out that you can therefore not proclaim that Hughton has done better than Lambert for us in the Prem.

[/quote]

You can''t really be that simple?

[quote user="City1st"]" how do you sack a guy who finishes 11th?"

didn''t seem to save the guys who finished 2nd and 3rd - and a European trophy into the bargain as well

[/quote]

That''s all right then.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Jas, can you please explain how 44 points is "better" than 47?[:^)][/quote]

Oh dear! Or how 12th is better than 11th. Would you rather finish top with 80 points or third with 85? Stupid question, 85 points every time.

[quote user="City1st"]eh ?

[/quote]

The guys who finished 2nd and 3rd get sacked, so what on earth''s the problem with sacking the guy who comes 11th? I know it''s not easy but you must really try to keep up.

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="City1st"]eh ?

[/quote]

The guys who finished 2nd and 3rd get sacked, so what on earth''s the problem with sacking the guy who comes 11th? I know it''s not easy but you must really try to keep up.

[/quote]

You''re trolling. You''ve got to be.

In case you''re not, I''ll explain. Hughton''s target was 17th or better. He exceeded this by 6 places. He succeeded.

Mancini''s target was to win the league again and deliver a decent champions league campaign. He failed.

Benitez was never going to be taken on permanently, so doesn''t count as a sacking in my eyes.

I suspect City1st''s responses have been to the in cheek, trying to bait the (in his own usual words) "terminally dim".

steady on old chapI''ve already been ''savaged'' for making unkind remarks about certain folks lineage

though I still haven''t a clue what his points is (neither has he I suspect)

[quote user="QHcanary"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="ThorpeCanary"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] You can''t really be that simple?[/quote]

Of course I''m not, but you obviously are!

You obviously cannot comprehend that the matter in question here is NOT league position! 

Let''s be really stupid and use say, the markers that are (understandably) used to compare managers -

Win %''s and points per game averages.  Now let''s really go to town with this silliness and compare Lambert''s win %''s & PPG average last season, with Hughton''s this season.

Now, let''s really do something stupid and compare the answers to the above and use that to answer the question of who has the best record for Norwich in the Premier League, Hughton, or Lambert?