Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

so then all you hughton outers...

we have finished with a higher league position, conceding less goals than we did under "the messiah", and a fantastic home record. as well as making our record signing who will join this summer.We also finished above our former managers relegation battlers..still saying "Hughton out" or sitting there feeling very silly?i''d rather Hughton than Lambert...

Valid observations however now''s the time for celebrating a job well done by all at the club and to look forward to an interesting close season.

[quote user="Morisons Prozac"]Yes OP great shout! Feeling smug now, stuck with Hughton all the way through.[/quote]as have i, He is a proud man who speaks well and does his best for City... Rome wasn''t built in a day... Lambert can have his 2 victories a season over us in the league, we''ll have the success that Hoots is going to bring.

Undecided, we''ve had some highs certainly and some great results but we''ve also had some pretty bad lows as well, it will be interesting to see how Hughton gets on in the first 10 next season

I''ll admit I''m feeling VERY stupid, I''ll happily admit my rants were stupid (but just at the time). Hughton, with all his air of confidence, has won me over. I promise. [;)]

I just hope with our new signings we continue with this mentality. We''ve shown we''re a match for any team on our day. It would be a shame to go back to old habits.

[quote user="alartz"]Done a job. How I don''t know.

Chris hugthton is not the man for ncfc for next season and onwards.

Di matteo come on Down!![/quote]

Geoff? Is that you.

I am not a Hughton Outer, but have been very critical with his negative play for a draw attitude to games. Stoke away was probably the most dismal game in the last few years.

It is welcome to see us attempt to win the match in these last 3 games, and willing to take the game to the opposition, and I take my hat off to the Hoot for finally changing it.

Roll on next season!

You idiots are basing the season on the last two games.

That''s how they should have been playing all season.

Piss poor management. Setting up a team for so many games wrong.

Something was certainly said from the board two games ago

No it''s not jeff

There''s a balance to be found - Yes he kept us up, we finished 11th and had some good wins, but a week ago I wanted him gone at the end of the season whatever as I couldn''t see us pulling a win of any kind from the West Brom game.

He had a record of around 2 in 19, and despite a number of draws in there we were playing some poor football and refused to play with the freedom/attacking intent we''ve seen in the last couple games.

There''s been clear evidence of a lack of tactical nous on Hughtons behalf this year, and I don''t think you can criticise anyone who felt he should go - its an opinion and not a completely unreasonable one, we clearly have quality in our side when used right.

With the last couple games, we have seen that freedom and intent to play well and look for a result, and with that Hughton has given me a hope I haven''t had in him before - that he can play attacking football with our players and with the prospect of some quality signings he can be a good manager for us.

Again though, I don''t think you can blame anyone who wanted him out, he hadn''t shown that intent before and we had an awful record. More of today/last week next year please Hughton!

"2 wins against teams with nothing to play for don''t define your season"

Maybe not, but you play til the death and its the league position at the end that matters.

No?

Sorry Alartz, I must have missed your tenure as a Premiership manager...

[quote user="alartz"]You idiots are basing the season on the last two games.

No it''s not jeff[/quote]and yet we did BETTER than last season... so none of what you said matters...its where you are after 38 games..

[quote user="alartz"]You idiots are basing the season on the last two games. That''s how they should have been playing all season. Piss poor management. Setting up a team for so many games wrong. Something was certainly said from the board two games ago No it''s not jeff[/quote]

Its idiots like you and Hoolahoop who are dic*head*, never satisfied, nothing to play for!! so WBA had nothing to play for today then, and for us to beat a team that cost five times more than ours, try putting your half-halfy scarfs aside, or f*ck off and follow your true colours in a big team!!

morty: Jeez, you''d think people would be happy for us today. Pathetic.

--------------------------------------------

A good result but difficult to get overly excited after these type of meaningless games.

*actually it not as meaningless for us, the result could have netted us 4 million or so in the bank due to the 11th place finish.

Had very grave concerns about Hughton, some of which still remain, but overall can only say that he delivered a fantastic outcome to his first season at our club, he took on a massive challenge and achieved much more than was asked of him.

Well done Mr Hughton!

2 Wins dont define a season

No, because all 38 of them do. A 38 game season where we came 11th.

I dont agree with all this ''they had nothing to play for'' crap either tell that to all the other teams who have been safe for weeks now yet still managed to pick up results.

West brom were on bad form when we met them, but thats all it was and we outplayed them just as we did Man city today (why were we still at the races if we were safe last week? if anyone shouldn''t we of all teams been on our holidays for today?

Seems to me people are losing sticks to beat Hughton with, and are resorting to anything - which imo is rather sad when you think of the 8 days this club has just given us.

morty: Sorry Alartz, I must have missed your tenure as a Premiership manager..

-------------------------------------

That is what Glenn Roeder said to his critics. It is not a very good argument. And I am sure you wouldn''t want to be compared to Glenn...

there''s a large number of football fans who know absolutely nothing about Football.... some of them have proven that in this thread

Fair comments Jas but there can''t have been many of us after the Aston Villa game, including the powers that be at Carrow Rd, who didn''t think that we were in very serious danger of relegation.It''s all come good since but it was a close call.It''s not been a good season for the most part and we do need to be more adventurous in our play if we''re to avoid another nerve racking finish next time.It''s only right and proper that Chris Hughton remains NCFC manager to show us if he''s got it in him.I''ve never been one to want the manager sacked after each and every bad result and he needs to be given the opportunity to progress next season. Given the healthy financial position we find ourselves in with plenty of money available for new players I really hope he grasps it.

"Had very grave concerns about Hughton, some of which still remain, but overall can only say that he delivered a fantastic outcome to his first season at our club, he took on a massive challenge and achieved much more than was asked of him.

Well done Mr Hughton!"

Changed your mind again, Wiz?

If anything we should be lucky to have Hughton, whats to say another prem club wont want to appoint him? Afterall, he has done a good job at every club he as managed.

We could certainly do a hell of a lot worse than him thats for sure!!

From what I can gather, the "Hughton Outers" are basing their opinion on the shocking football we''ve witnessed in places this seasons, and their lack of faith in Hughton''s managerial ability to produce good, attacking football.In the last two games we''ve thoroughly outplayed last season''s Champions at their stadium, and thrashed another top ten team at home. We''ve played excellent attacking football (which was their major concern with Hughton) and the scoreline today flattered our opponents more than it did us. We have also secured our top-flight status for another season, and bettered last season''s finishing position.I think those supporters who are not willing to give Hughton at least the benefit of the doubt into next season, are either WUMs or just so pig-headed they refuse to admit they might have made the wrong call about him.

You idiots are basing the season on the last two games.

No it''s not jeff

-----------------------------------------------------------------

two games can add up to 44 points? and we''re the idiots.

we''re 11th. not because of two games. because of the season as a whole.

[quote user="I.S."]From what I can gather, the "Hughton Outers" are basing their opinion on the shocking football we''ve witnessed in places this seasons, and their lack of faith in Hughton''s managerial ability to produce good, attacking football.In the last two games we''ve thoroughly outplayed last season''s Champions at their stadium, and thrashed another top ten team at home. We''ve played excellent attacking football (which was their major concern with Hughton) and the scoreline today flattered our opponents more than it did us. We have also secured our top-flight status for another season, and bettered last season''s finishing position.I think those supporters who are not willing to give Hughton at least the benefit of the doubt into next season, are either WUMs or just so pig-headed they refuse to admit they might have made the wrong call about him. [/quote]I never used to agree with anything you said i.s but have enjoyed your posts these last few weeks...you''ll have to nip that in the bud young man! I Like an argument!