Sign in to follow this  
kentcanary

Howson and BennettR what about Vaughn and Ayala

Great to see Howson and Ryan Bennett play so well again. They have really come good. Credit must be given to Lambert for picking out young players as he has also done for Villa. I think we would be foolish to discard Vaughan and Ayala without giving them more chance. I know both have had fitness issues but I think they both have quality. Lambert obviously saw promise in both of them.

Really hard to say for those two, could well do a job for us, but at the same time have we got the time for them to develop? I hope so, because I feel that is what our clubs recent success has been about, the development of talent rather than buying the talent others have developed. Even RVW has some developing as a player to do!

if lambert still saw promise in vaughan, we''d be seeing stories of him going in for him. especially as the cost is rumoured to be 700k-1.5m. you''d think lambert would snap our hands off for that since he payed more than that for him here.

ayala I feel should go on loan to cardiff or hull for next season. see how he does with a decent run of games in the top flight without putting ourselves in any risk for it.

Is the 12 league games Ayala has played for Nottingham forest down to injury or selection? Either way doesn''t look good for him.

He''s 23 this year you would expect him to be a regular in a Championship side if he was going to make the grade at PL.

I thought he did quite well for us and he still might come good but with the fee reported at the minute he is a cheap gamble that doesn''t look like coming off.

I agree with Ricardo, the promise and cheap price was worth a gamble at the time. But another year of PL brings a need for a higher calibre of players - those that are young, experienced and reliable. We have the money to not have to find bargains, as such, any more

Would anyone pick Ayala ahead of any of Bassong, Turner or Bennett?

I wouldn''t pick Vaughan ahead of Holt and I assume nobody would pick him ahead of Ricky (even before he kicks a ball for us). I wouldn''t pick him ahead of Becchio either.

I don''t disagree but I really think you need at least 4 strikers to be a viable option in a prem squad. This needs to cover for injuries , loss of form , changes in formation.

We all know Hughtons preference is for 4-5-1 or at least only 1 out and out striker, perhaps with another playing as number 10 ?

Personally I don''t think Jackson could play either role and has never had a look on wide despite playing on the wing for Canada on occasions.

Vaughan has must more strength a presence, and I would hope he would be given another season unless there is another striker in the frame.

Similar with Ayala, perhaps as 4th choice centre half (or even 5th if you take Russ Martin) young enough to improve if included in the squad. I always thought he always the attributes to be a class centre half with a little more experience.

There could be different factors involved, but I wonder if one or both might be given a chance in the pre-season, then sold or loaned out if it doesn''t work out.

I would  welcome seeing Vaughan given a chance to kickstart his carrer here, he has had a good season and if brought him back an added another striker I think it would offer some nice options. Ayala.. well he hasnt set the championship alight and well probably hasnt done enough to get him noticed by any other clubs, 2 years left on his contract... expect another loan to the champioship I think!

As I''ve said in another thread, if these guys weren''t already attached to Norwich would anyone honestly have any interest in seeing us bring them to the club?

Taking the Norwich connection out of it you''re looking at an injury prone defender who has only played a handful of games on loan at Forest and a striker who was joint 10th highest scorer in the Championship for a team that finished 4 points above relegation.

I can''t see that anyone would be particularly keen or excited about us signing them.

[quote user="GJP"]

As I''ve said in another thread, if these guys weren''t already attached to Norwich would anyone honestly have any interest in seeing us bring them to the club?

Taking the Norwich connection out of it you''re looking at an injury prone defender who has only played a handful of games on loan at Forest and a striker who was joint 10th highest scorer in the Championship for a team that finished 4 points above relegation.

I can''t see that anyone would be particularly keen or excited about us signing them.

[/quote]If they''re weren''t NCFC players I''d think we could get better players in. Vaughan and Aylala may be good players, but to improve in next season we need to look for higher quality then those 2.

WIth Hughton''s favoured one up front I don''t see a future for Vaughan at NCFC. His injury record is dismal and he needs to get regular games.

As for Ayala, he looked very good on the ball but a bit dodgy defending. I think he got injured at Forest. I would imagine another season loaned to a championship club would be best for him.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Hughton''s favoured one???[/quote]
With Hughton''s favoured one (player) up front. 
With Hughton''s favoured 4-2-3-1 (up front)

[quote user="Monty13"]Is the 12 league games Ayala has played for Nottingham forest down to injury or selection? Either way doesn''t look good for him. He''s 23 this year you would expect him to be a regular in a Championship side if he was going to make the grade at PL. I thought he did quite well for us and he still might come good but with the fee reported at the minute he is a cheap gamble that doesn''t look like coming off.[/quote]

Ayala kept losing his place due to injury, plus he was sent off once so suspended (two yellow cards for mis-timed tackles - sound familiar?).  Haven''t seen any updates on him locally in the last couple of months, it could be that there defence (with Ward in place) has been pretty solid under the new manager, and so they weren''t interested in giving Ayala any game time near the end of his loan.  Or he could still be injured - don''t know.

He is still young but clearly needs to be loaned out again, you''d have thought another Champ side would take him but a deal would have to be done about his risk of injury.

Injury stopped him playing at first, hence when they loaned in Ward but since Christmas he has not been injured and has been on the bench for a majority of thier games. Like you said under Billy Davis they have had a solid back four of Cohen, Ward, Jara and Halford/Collins and he has just not been able to wangle back in.

Based on these facts we may as well have Ward back instead of Ayala. Not saying this is what I want as think we already have enough centre backs with SB, MT, RB, RM and I am sure SW could do a job if needed

Ward is 28 Ayala 22 we have to start to think of the future when considering 4th 5th choice in our squads.

Vaughan is only 24.

No point having squad players that are not going to get game time that don''t have the time or possibility to improve.

I see this as the major issue and the way our squad is likely to change in the next couple of years.

Once we get to the stage where we struggle to improve our team and first choice bench the players beyond that have to have potential and time on there side.