Sign in to follow this  
Waveney Canary

It is time for a serious discussion

For many a decade our bin dipping friends down the A140 were seen as our main and bitter rivals.

With the difference in class between our teams both on the pitch and financially off the pitch I propose that we end this rivalry. There is such a gap between us that we should treat them like Kings Lynn or Lowestoft a small time local club best used as a pre season warm up game.

Instead we should start to see the likes of Villa and Swansea etx to take their place.

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]For many a decade our bin dipping friends down the A140 were seen as our main and bitter rivals.

With the difference in class between our teams both on the pitch and financially off the pitch I propose that we end this rivalry. There is such a gap between us that we should treat them like Kings Lynn or Lowestoft a small time local club best used as a pre season warm up game.

Instead we should start to see the likes of Villa and Swansea etx to take their place.[/quote]

Be careful about being too smug, Remember it''s only 4 years ago that Ipswich fans were saying the same about us. I''m not saying the relative positions will reverse any time soon, but remember football is a funny old game.

[quote user="Power Hamster"][quote user="Waveney Canary"]For many a decade our bin dipping friends down the A140 were seen as our main and bitter rivals. With the difference in class between our teams both on the pitch and financially off the pitch I propose that we end this rivalry. There is such a gap between us that we should treat them like Kings Lynn or Lowestoft a small time local club best used as a pre season warm up game. Instead we should start to see the likes of Villa and Swansea etx to take their place.[/quote] Be careful about being too smug, Remember it''s only 4 years ago that Ipswich fans were saying the same about us. I''m not saying the relative positions will reverse any time soon, but remember football is a funny old game.[/quote]

Exactly!

It wouldn''t take a massive change in fortune for Norwich to get relegated and Ipswich promoted next season.

I still hope McCarthy can get their act together and get them into the Prem - with Norwich being unable to realistically challenge for silverware (apart from the Friendship Cup) it would be nice to have the derby back - something to look forward too/stress about crazily.

If we get depth into our squad over the summer, there is every chance can contend for silverware! It wasn''t unrealistically out of our grasp this season I feel. Yes, I miss the derby but I in no way want Ipswich in the prem. If we meet them in the cups, great - if not then I won''t be missing them. Besides, I''ve been seeing Villa as our closest thing to rival all season.