Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Francomb Released

Tweet just now

Georgie Francomb ‏@Francomb_28 1m

Emotional times saying bye to the lads today... made some great friends over the last 5 years at the club an had some great times..

Georgie Francomb ‏@Francomb_28 2m

.. Im very grateful for all the club has done for me and thankful to everyone at the club who have helped my development along the way...

Ah, the first casualty of our success. Not got a whole bunch to say really, but best of luck to him in the rest of his career!

Georgie Francomb ‏@Francomb_28 39s

... Now looking forward to a new challenge somewere else working hard to further my career again. Wish #ncfc all the best in the future..

And then you get knobheads like this replying -

"good luck george, hope you find a club that appreciates you more than we did."

Idiot.

Sadly, along with a lot of our ''promising'' youth players like Korey and Adeyemi have been casualties of our success. In the champ they might have got a look in, in the Prem they are a long way for getting a game here.

All the best to Francomb though, he looked promising the few times I saw him play so I''ve no doubt he''ll find a new club

Seemed to be a really popular lad amongst his team-mates. Sadly the clubs climb has left him behind.

Did really well at AFC Wimbledon earlier in the season.

Imagine he''ll be comfortable in Lg1.

Sorry to hear the news, but he had played so little, I suppose, because right back was the one position where we have two (admittedly Scottish) internationals fighting for selection.

I hope that he gets himself fixed up with another club.

I met George''s family a few years ago when he played the paint pot game at Gillingham. Talking to them brought it home to me how hard most of these young lads have to work, and how much support they get from their families, to get a professional contract. There are soooo many who don''t get as far as George. But he seems a level headed lad with a supportive family and has been able to deal with knockbacks before. He was at one time on Tottenham''s books. If he signs for another professional club in any division we will have succeeded and it will be a feather in the caps of the player, his family and our academy. Getting a professional contract should never be viewed as a failure.

Good luck, Im sure there might be a couple of Championship teams in for him... If I was Yeovil Id have him on my list, young promising and excellent pedegree from our academy.