Sign in to follow this  
barclaystand

B.J.'s tweet - Who is out of contract and going then?

Add David Fox to that list.While not out of contract, you would also expect Barnett, Vaughan and Ayala to be on their way too. Not sure where Surman and Korey Smith fit in Hughton''s plans either.

If we get in another central midfielder I can''t see the likes of Korey, Surman, Fox and Adeyemi getting a look in here.

The four first teamers out of contract are Garrido (now signed on a perm as of July 1st), Simeon Jackson, Lee Camp and Marc Tierney.

Contracts to expire in 2014:

Pilks (+1 option), Tettey (+1 option), Turner, Barnett, E Bennett, Mark Bunn (+1 option) and David Fox (+1 option)

I worry about Garrido, out of contract and does not start his new job until July 1st, what is he going to do for money? How will he eat? Where will he live?

Apparently his ''loan'' runs through til'' 30.06.2013, because of the way foreign transfers work. So he''ll never actually leave the club, he''ll simply become contracted the following day

[quote user="AJ"]Apparently his ''loan'' runs through til'' 30.06.2013, because of the way foreign transfers work. So he''ll never actually leave the club, he''ll simply become contracted the following day[/quote]

According to SSN he has signed a deal to run till 20-16, And C Martin is on that list as well. 

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]I worry about Garrido, out of contract and does not start his new job until July 1st, what is he going to do for money? How will he eat? Where will he live?[/quote]

It could well affect his pension!

AJ wrote -

"Apparently his ''loan'' runs through til'' 30.06.2013, because of the way foreign transfers work. So he''ll never actually leave the club, he''ll simply become contracted the following day"

Thank goodness for that, I was readying the spare room for the poor mite.

I heard a whisper off a Gillingham fan that he is heading back that way ...

As far as I can make out the following players are out of contract this summer:

JACKSON

FOX

TIERNEY

CAMP

C MARTIN (already gone)

WARD

ADEYEMI

FRANCOMB

Might be worth re-signing Adeyemi and Francomb to loan out again next year, in the hope that they either make the step up or impress the loaning club enough for them to give us a fee for them next summer.  The rest I would assume will go.

I''ve heard Jackson could be off to our rivals down the road...

[quote user="SYG"]I''ve heard Jackson could be off to our rivals down the road...[/quote]

Rivals? Not much of a rivalry when you have to rely on them having a cup run to play us...

Fox Isnt

Surman I think could offer something to the squad IF he stays fit, good back-up to Pilks for when he is out.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]Looks like Tierney is off to Bolton, which would seem to be a good move for him.[/quote]

Indeed, and for us, I think.