Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Statto Index final ratings

I see the final ratings are out for the season and we are rated at 859 and are in 8th positionhttp://www.statto.com/football/odds/ratings/england/premier-league

Liverpool 7th on 901 then a big gap to us and a whole host of clubs on 857 and 858 shows how there is barely a fag paper between the rest of the league.

Absolutely no idea what any of this means. But nice to be in the top 10 of anything. Is it bollox? If so, what kind of bollox?

I''m reading it that if on the stats we are 8th but are 11th in the Prem then we have underperformed as far as picking up the points to match those stats are concerned. Just a guess though !!

[quote user="dpit"]Absolutely no idea what any of this means. But nice to be in the top 10 of anything. Is it bollox? If so, what kind of bollox?[/quote]Try using this site next season dpit. Some good stats and analysis and you can go back over the entire history of Premier league on a week by week basis. I find their true odds analysis very useful when looking for value bets.

If you look at the ordinary League Table, it breaks easily into three sections:

the top 7 teams from ManUtd down to Liverpool with 61 points, then the middle 6 teams from WBA on 49 down to Stoke on 42 (City being 4th in that group with 44 points)

then the bottom 7 teams from Southampton on 41 to QPR on 25.

It''s remarkable how City''s season has been transformed by those last two wins.

The statto ratings are based on current form as well as season long results. So, since our last 6 results are better than the 3 teams above us, we have just edged ahead of them on ratings points. I think it''s supposed to give a rough idea of the odds if two teams were to play each other next game.