Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Wes.....

Its well noted I''m not his biggest fan

But ''that'' ball yesterday was sublime and had it have been made by one of the Barcelona Boys would be replayed every 15 minutes on Sky Sports News for the next 3 days,

Couldn''t work out if it was Wes or Howson! It was as stunning ball that completely caught everyone, but Snoddy, out!

[quote user="CDMullins"]Its well noted I''m not his biggest fan

But ''that'' ball yesterday was sublime and had it have been made by one of the Barcelona Boys would be replayed every 15 minutes on Sky Sports News for the next 3 days,[/quote]

Fair play. He''s still massive for us and we''ll need him next season with out doubt.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]You could also add his determination to fight through the citeh defenders, chest it down then slip it through to Pilks for the first goal. MotM for me.[/quote]

Stiff competition for MOTM !  But Wes did have a great game yesterday, great going forward, and he did keep after Yaya Toure when Toure was on the ball on quite a few occasions, a bit like a terrier having a go at an Alsatian.

The great thing from our viewpoint behind the goal was that you could see Wes look at the space in front of Snoddy when he played that ball, no doubt it went exactly where he wanted.

Excellent cross from Snoddy too.

Battled hard for the first, and a sublime pass for the second. Arguments about him only passing sideways and not creating enough fail to blame the players on the receiving end enough in my opinion. If the players around him don''t move off the ball or get into attacking spaces, he can''t play attacking balls. If they do, then he does, as we''ve seen for the past 4 seasons now. Third name on the team sheet for me, after Bassong and Ruddy.

He would have been my MOTM if Howson hadn''t scored THAT goal, still thought he was phenomenal on sunday. Stated on another thread that the pass to Snodgrass was sublime so totally agree.

Still a genuinely quality player and I don''t see age diminishing that. So underrated by so many, when we tick like the last two games it''s mainly down to Wes, everything feeds off of him. He might get replaced by a younger quicker model this summer but for me he will still be a quality squad player and I wouldn''t be surprised to see him start 20+ games next season whether someone comes in or not.