Sign in to follow this  
spencer 1970

10 players to leave in the summer

So sorry to see Tom Adeyami leaving us, have seen his career develop thought he academy, he was always one of the outstanding local boys, the bar is just so so high.

Good luck to all the players leaving and thanks!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

bit concerned that we''re letting peoples contracts run out without getting any transfer fees?....when was the last time we recouped any transfer money ??

[/quote]

How much do you think we would get for these if they had 1 year left on their contract? I think we would get 1-200k for tierny & ward and probably 3-400k for jackson, and that would probably be it.

It may even be the case that the club have been trying to offload some of them but no one was interestedin paying, so they let their contracts run out.

I don''t think that we need to worry too much about getting a transfer fee for every leaver as that amunt of money is about the same as finishing 1 place higher in the PL!

Shame for the two ''older'' academy products. I''m sure Smith and Adeyemi are both good enough for Championship football if they put the hard work in.

By earning so much money through TV money alone, I don''t think it''s imperative we have to make a profit on departing players anymore. As far as the club going forward is concerned, they''re no longer required and can be replaced with better players. It''s harsh, but that''s how the best league works

Tying players to longer contracts with the idea that if they are no longer required we will get a fee for them is a ludicrous gamble nowadays. How many pros on QPRs books they can''t get rid of?

These guys who have been released were on sensible length contracts, yes we haven''t got anything for them, but we are not having to pay wages for players we don''t need either.