Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

10 players leave

CITY can confirm ten players are to leave the Club this summer with all out of contract from July 1.

With over 250 appearances clocked up between them for the Canaries, striker Simeon Jackson, midfielder Korey Smith and defenders Marc Tierney and Elliott Ward will leave Carrow Road.

Earlier this month it was confirmed that Academy product Chris Martin would leave to join Derby County after 117 appearances and 34 goals for City. And fellow Canary youngsters Tom Adeyemi and George Francomb will also not be offered new deals for next season.

Lee Camp who made three appearances for Chris Hughton’s side in goal after joining this January will also not be offered a new contract.

And Under-21 Professional Development Squad players Ramil Sheriff and Scott Olumide Durojaiye are also released to find new clubs.

Not surprised at all, Jackson, Tierney and Ward were not Premier League quality and had to go if we are to make further progress.

I feel for Korey Smith, Adeyemi and Francomb as they looked promising players but maybe are casualties of our rise to the Premier League. I''m sure they would make solid Championship or League 1 players.

Hopefully Lee Camp''s departure reinforces the point that Ruddy is staying.

[quote user="St.John Cooper"]Jacksons goal took us to the premiership and I will never forget it. I wish him well and luck in the future[/quote]

Agreed SJC his purple patch towards the end of our championship campaign made just enough difference to give us automatic promotion, who knows what may have happened had we have ended up in the play offs?

Good luck fella you played your part well, never gave less that 100% hope you find some success with the rest of your career. thanks for the excitement, especially Derby at home "the place went NUTS"

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2924621/ShowPost.aspx[/quote]
Both posted within a minute of each other. Rather hard not to "double post" when you''re posting almost simultaneously. I''m also unsure what posts like this feel they are adding; if you wish for a ''cleaner'' messageboard with no double posted threads and the like, why post such messages which only act to bump the repeat thread and add nothing in the way of content whatsoever? Seems rather counter productive to your aim!

Aggy wrote -

"Both posted within a minute of each other. Rather hard not to "double post" when you''re posting almost simultaneously. I''m also unsure what posts like this feel they are adding; if you wish for a ''cleaner'' messageboard with no double posted threads and the like, why post such messages which only act to bump the repeat thread and add nothing in the way of content whatsoever? Seems rather counter productive to your aim!"

Thanks for your input, it''s an interesting read. Not quite the page turner I expected more of a slow burner. I look forward to the sequel however and will follow your career with interest.

[quote user="Yellow Messiah"]

I feel for Korey Smith, Adeyemi and Francomb as they looked promising players but maybe are casualties of our rise to the Premier League. I''m sure they would make solid Championship or League 1 players.

Hopefully Lee Camp''s departure reinforces the point that Ruddy is staying

[/quote]

Exactly so - it happened much the same for Ryan Jarvis who just as he looked capable of earning a place in our Championship team (or "1st Division" as it still was) suddenly found himself competing with Huckerby, Ashton and co for a place in the Premiership.  He was never up to that and went downhill from thereon in.

Adeyemi had already said he''d like to stay at Brentford I think; Korey won''t be short of offers but not sure where Francomb will go.  League One or Scottish Premier also-rans maybe.

Camp''s departure is more likely to indicate Rudd staying than Ruddy surely?

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Aggy wrote -

"Both posted within a minute of each other. Rather hard not to "double post" when you''re posting almost simultaneously. I''m also unsure what posts like this feel they are adding; if you wish for a ''cleaner'' messageboard with no double posted threads and the like, why post such messages which only act to bump the repeat thread and add nothing in the way of content whatsoever? Seems rather counter productive to your aim!"

Thanks for your input, it''s an interesting read. Not quite the page turner I expected more of a slow burner. I look forward to the sequel however and will follow your career with interest.[/quote]
Well at least the post count is still ticking up, even if the interest and content stays at the same level.
Absent Friend - the comparison with Ryan Jarvis is an interesting one. I think the fact Jarvis has spent the majority of his career in League two, with a few brief squad-player spells in League 1 suggest he was never up to anywhere near our level.  We were a championship club for the majority of the time he was with the club, yet he has shown throughout the rest of his career that he probably wouldn''t have made it here even if we had stayed at that level. It wasn''t that the club outgrew him, it was simply that he wasn''t good enough even for our ''usual'' Championship level standard. 
Adeyemi and Smith, I fear, are the same. Now 21 and 22, they''ve had decent seasons at Brentford and Yeovil/Oldham, but I''m not sure they''ve really shown anything which suggests they would even be midtable championship side regulars yet. Until four years ago we would have seen ourselves as being a ''regular midtable championship club'' at least, so I''m not sure it is that the club has outgrown them. I''m not sure that they would ever have been good enough to be anything more than back up players here, even when we were in the championship. Whilst I think both will probably have spells in the championship in the future, I don''t think we would have been missing out on too much even if we were still just a midtable championship club.