Sign in to follow this  

I love him! I love him so much! What a goal! What a player! HOWSON HOWSON HOWSON!

Hopefully, this will put an end to the previously growing number of ignorant people who have been unfairly slating howson for even breathing. Idiots!!

Man of the match, AGAIN! for me at least! I can''t wait for next season! I am so happy!

To be fair he hasn''t shown his real potential until recently. Glad for him though.

Two brilliant performances and two goal of the season contenders in two games, good work Jonny!

[quote user="henrik"]Hopefully, this will put an end to the previously growing number of ignorant people who have been unfairly slating howson for even breathing. Idiots!!
[/quote]

Why do you feel the need to call other posters idiots?

Howson has been poor for most of the season, he has had 3 good games recently (the last 2 and Arsenal). he has def improved playing a more forward role, just hope Hughton has learnt

Gat player, shame it takes a couple of goals for people to realise it.

Same with Hughton, all those Hughton out people habe short memories.

Because the people i sit near who have slated him in quite a disgusting manner ARE idiots, thats why. I never accused "posters" just "people". Its plain to see the player is an attacking midfielder, so its unfair to slate the guy when he plays indifferently in DM. Well done Howson, lets hope Hughton deploys you properly.

this is the Howson most of us knew was in our squad. he is NOT a DM. must play the attacking role to show his true ability.

[quote user="Herman "]To be fair he hasn''t shown his real potential until recently. Glad for him though.[/quote]The potential he showed a Leeds earnt him a move here, if hes played completly out of position hes not going to fufil that potential.Even when playing DM hes been neat and tidy.Now he can see what he can really do when he has them shackles taken off

Fair point Mr Mullins.

I thought he had the Gareth Bale curse for a while, so am happy to be proved wrong.

I''m actually worried about Howson''s safety Stig! Can you wait until he retires or at least moves to a different club before killing him and wearing his skin like a coat? :)

I really like Howson, think he has been treated unfairly at times this season by some supporters and has been getting better and better over the last dozen or so games.

I actually think he works so much better in venturing forward when Hoolahan plays, some of the interchanges between those two, Holt and the wingers was very Man Cityesque today!

I still think that bar the missing Bassong that was our strongest team, I wonder if they had all been fit all season whether the balanced attacking football we crave and have seen in the last two games would have been more prevalent? But being fair it would have meant a conscious decision to drop Tettey for Howson from the 10 game unbeaten team rather than it being forced upon him.

[quote user="Herman "]To be fair he hasn''t shown his real potential until recently. Glad for him though.[/quote]He didn''t have a bad game for us under Lambert and under Hughton he has been redeveloped as a more all round midfielder, so obviously his performance has suffered this season.

[quote user="Monty13"]I''m actually worried about Howson''s safety Stig! Can you wait until he retires or at least moves to a different club before killing him and wearing his skin like a coat? :)

I really like Howson, think he has been treated unfairly at times this season by some supporters and has been getting better and better over the last dozen or so games.

I actually think he works so much better in venturing forward when Hoolahan plays, some of the interchanges between those two, Holt and the wingers was very Man Cityesque today!

I still think that bar the missing Bassong that was our strongest team, I wonder if they had all been fit all season whether the balanced attacking football we crave and have seen in the last two games would have been more prevalent? But being fair it would have meant a conscious decision to drop Tettey for Howson from the 10 game unbeaten team rather than it being forced upon him.[/quote]
I''m sorry, I don''t mean to come across Chapmanesque - he is just made of pure brilliance [:D]
Our football looked very similar to what it did against Arsenal and United - but better! If Tettey''s shot had of gone in I would have imploded with pure joy and missed next season! *Does a dance* I just can''t get enough, I just can''t get enough!

He was my man of the match against Brom and that goal was just unbelievable today. Agreed with the comments that he needs to be allowed freedom to really bring the best out of him as he isnt a Johnson style player. Hopefully he can carry the form into next season, certainly very encouraging that he was getting back to his best.

Had a quiet season and went from being very average to finding some fantastic form !Really chuffed, earlier in the season i suggested loaning him out to get a bit of game time but seems hes found his legs.Just a shame he finds his form at the end of the season, skys the limit if he picks up where he left off.Top player !

Couldn''t agree more. Ive been one of his biggest critics but fair dos to him been great last few weeks. More from that player next season and less from the anonymous player playing in the Howson shirt upto a month ago. Always happy for any player to prove me wrong in a positive way. I stand by my comments, a midfielder that neither tackles scores or makes assists is not worthy of a shirt. Thankfully Howson is no longer that player.

Got him on my Shirt at the start of the Season. Was a little disappointing to begin with.. but played in the correct position he really is superb.I sat watching it saying "pass... pass... for god sake pass" then boom he smashes it past Hart. Shows what I know.Hopefully it will feature on MOTD''s goal of the season segment tonight.

[quote user="Mervmeister"]Gat player, shame it takes a couple of goals for people to realise it.

Same with Hughton, all those Hughton out people habe short memories.[/quote]

err....... you are missing the point that it has been Hughton that has been playing him in a defensive role, and only when the proverbial two fingers were stuck up and the players decided to go for it has he really been able to show his true abilities

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Got him on my Shirt at the start of the Season. Was a little disappointing to begin with.. but played in the correct position he really is superb.I sat watching it saying "pass... pass... for god sake pass" then boom he smashes it past Hart. Shows what I know.Hopefully it will feature on MOTD''s goal of the season segment tonight.[/quote]
Unfortunately it was ultimately a Norwich player who scored it, it will barely get a sniff even in the post-match analysis let alone goal of the season mention - which it should, because there haven''t been many superb goals like that. No doubt Bale will get that reward, or RVP. I will try and let Howson know both his goals were my goals of the season - because they were spectacular.