Sign in to follow this  
STAN

If Holt leaves..

us as Norwich fans should be ashamed, some of the stuff said against Holty this season has been disgraceful.

Forget Lambert, forget Mcnally, Holt has been at the forefront of getting us where we are today. His hunger to win, his passion, his drive and more importantly his goals, the man''s a city legend!

Last summer left a bad taste in the mouth of everyone and one day we might hear the full story, but in the mean time we should put the past in the past and remember everything Holt''s stood for since he arrived.

Watch these 2 videos again;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ3eT8oYpQ4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI5o2snTH9Y

Remember how many times this blokes made you go completely mental?

I for one hope he''s here next season, not only for his football abilities, but his standing within NCFC is irreplaceable.

Whilst his day''s as a PL striker may slowly be coming to an end he still deserves the upmost respect from every single Norwich city supporter.

Even if he never scores another goal for city I will always fu*king love Grant Holt! I just hope this isn''t the note that his NCFC career ends on.

Hasn''t looked much like his PL days are coming to an end in the last few games to me.

Still has a huge amount to offer both on and off the pitch, hope he''s here next season.

Agree with your last sentence, although that being said, if it has to end now at least it ends with him scoring goals and helping us achieve ours.

My favourite City player of all time.

I reckon he''ll be off. That''s why he says he''s leaving the decision to others. In other words, he knows he''s going (willingly or not), but has got that out there first to set up these "others" to take the blame. This behavior fits his often-self-denied (but clear-to-see) paranoia regarding what the fans think of him.

Just a theory. (Without even mentioning the corroborating evidence of his family move).

I, for one though agree with the OP and will be sad to see him go. I hope I''m wrong.

Didn''t give the impression he was going anywhere soon on Talkshite at the weekend. Holty always gives a good interview. No bull, just focused comments.

Like the others I hope he is with us next season.

Holt''s future is very much in the balance - the main reason I could see him still being at Norwich next season is realistically who would be able to afford him and actually want him?

The past should be left in the past, you can''t go into a new season saying ''this guy was good for us at 31 so I''m sure he''ll still be good for us at 33'' - if you get sentimental about players they can hang-around the clubs neck like a weight.

If Hughton wants to play with a single striker there are few here who could argue that is Holt''s strong point - he has always looked better playing as part of a front two.

If he stays I hope he can accept being a bench player next season - he certainly didn''t take it too well last season when he was behind Morison in the starting line-up and made several snide comments in the press about it.

We must keep him as he still has at least one very good season to offer and we don''t want to risk him going to one of our rivals.

"If he stays I hope he can accept being a bench player next season - he certainly didn''t take it too well last season "

Didnt take it too well this seson either did he, very lucky to not see red but I put that down to him wanting to do well.

I certainly hope he doesnt go anywhere, still has a lot to give, and on the past few games performances there a few PL defenders who wont fancy meeting him again.

I could quite easily see one of the promoted teams come in for him, he''d be ideal. But he is not going to be No1 as it would be suicidal for CH to spend £8.5m on a young tyro and leave him on the bench. And presumably Becchio will be up there challenging Grant for the supersub role, maybe Vaughan if he impresses upon return. Got to see it as 50/50 that he''ll be here in August, sadly, as he is an inextricable part of those magic three years.

Be surprised if Vaughan comes back, seems settled up there and dont recall any congrats to his parent club on staying up !

Not a bad word to say about him.

The word Legend gets branded far too often these days but he really is a NCFC Legend.

I have a feeling he is going to Celtic, regardless of any deal bringing Hooper here. I remember one Tweet (from just after the January Transfer window had closed) he made he was asked if he''d ever want to play for Celtic and his reply was ''Yes, they are a massive club''. Seemed like a very strange reply.

Maybe I am putting 2+2 together and getting 5 but with his family moving back up that way, it would make sense.

I really hope we can get a massive season out of him and I cant wait to see him play with RVW and then give him a huge send off.

I''d personally drive him back up to tinpot Carlisle, pay him 100$ for transferring to Carlisle and walk home. Don''t give a toss about that fat moron.

Don''t want him near my club again.

I think him and RVP are going to be a real formindable pairing, I dont expect him to leave and hopefully he will find the form he ended on for the start of the season...... Hopefully we can have a massive banner had ''YOU CANT HOLT THE WOLF'' when both are well into double figures next season, haha well I can dream, his work rate will bring out the best in Wolfswinkle.

Reykjavik: So, you don''t like Grant Holt, but want us to sign Gary Jones?

Interesting.

My opinion on the matter is that, if he stays - and the indications are that he will (but that means nothing, of course) - both he and the fans will have to stop thinking of him as ''the man''. You don''t build a team around a 31 year old... its just that simple.

He''s still more than capable of doing a good job, but the fact is he is on the decline. Everybody must be prepared for new-blood to come in and replace him. He will have a gradually diminishing role on the pitch from here on, if he doesn''t just leave outright - this isn''t controversial.

Perhaps the proposed Celtic move would appeal to him because there is nowhere else for his career to go at Norwich: he will never play for England; a cup is currently unlikely; he will not play in Europe; he will be replaced in a few seasons. At Celtic, he has the chance to play for a giant, win titles and cups and play in the Champions League.

[quote user="birchfest"]I think him and RVP are going to be a real formindable pairing, I dont expect him to leave and hopefully he will find the form he ended on for the start of the season...... Hopefully we can have a massive banner had ''YOU CANT HOLT THE WOLF'' when both are well into double figures next season, haha well I can dream, his work rate will bring out the best in Wolfswinkle. [/quote]Blimey... breaking news.... Holt to sign for Man Utd !!!

He''ll still be here next season. The "in the hands of other people" comment was just a cop out, he may as well have said '' no comment''. It got the media to leave him alone and he can have some peace and quiet without continuously being asked about his future now.

He''s still scored a few this season and has looked good in the past couple of games (when we''ve had somewhat more of an attacking intent). He undoubtedly brings a lot to the club behind the scenes, he has shown in the last few games he can still bring something to us on the pitch, and I''ll be extremely surprised if he isn''t here next year. He''ll be 2nd choice behind RVW but will still get a fair bit of game time I''d imagine, and he''ll be on much higher wages with us than he would anywhere else. Can''t see him particularly wanting to move, nor us particularly wanting to get rid.

Just had a look at the photo-gallery in Pink ''Un for the Man City game, the last 2 pictures show, and mention, an emotional GH acknowledging the away fans.

Was the emotion for a good job done, a great end to a difficult season or is there more to it than that?

I hope it''s not the latter, as I think the guy still has a job to do at NCFC and I would love him to be part of the set up next year....

Some people should be ashamed of themselves.Holt will be here leading the team next season, I have no doubt of that

[quote user="STAN"]Last summer left a bad taste in the mouth of everyone and one day we might hear the full story[/quote]He wanted to stay here for LONGER than the contract which was being offered and yet somehow, it was seen as being disloyal. How does that work?

Holt is off, and he knows it. He did not play with a smile on his face vs Man C and I noticed Hughton was keeping his cool when Grant scored ( not that Hughton keeping cool is something special).

Look at this picture:

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/manchester_city_2_norwich_city_3_1_2202284?id=49&storyId=1.2202336.1369048099

Not the pic of a man knowing he will be here next season?

He looks clerly emotional, almost as the last 4 years are passing through his head.

He is off in the summer me thinks, or he has to accept being second fiddle.

A lot of this seems to be just idle speculation. He''s playing well again, has scored 3 goals in 3 games, City have room for another new striker in addition to RvW, so why does Holt need to leave? None of this makes any sense to me.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]A lot of this seems to be just idle speculation. He''s playing well again, has scored 3 goals in 3 games, City have room for another new striker in addition to RvW, so why does Holt need to leave? None of this makes any sense to me.[/quote]+ 1

Reykjavik Canary wrote: I''d personally drive him back up to tinpot Carlisle, pay him 100$ for transferring to Carlisle and walk home. Don''t give a toss about that fat moron.
Don''t want him near my club again.

Crude, rude and completely unnecessary.

Don''t let the troll upset you.

It''s kind of flattering really when you think about it. I don''t know about you but I haven''t a clue about who plays for Ipswich these days, let alone where their hometowns are.

If he stays, brilliant!

If not, then we all say thank you for the great mentions Grant, you''ll always be a legend here! Then we move on...

[quote user="STAN"]us as Norwich fans should be ashamed, some of the stuff said against Holty this season has been disgraceful.

Forget Lambert, forget Mcnally, Holt has been at the forefront of getting us where we are today. His hunger to win, his passion, his drive and more importantly his goals, the man''s a city legend!

Last summer left a bad taste in the mouth of everyone and one day we might hear the full story, but in the mean time we should put the past in the past and remember everything Holt''s stood for since he arrived.

Watch these 2 videos again;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ3eT8oYpQ4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI5o2snTH9Y

Remember how many times this blokes made you go completely mental?

I for one hope he''s here next season, not only for his football abilities, but his standing within NCFC is irreplaceable.

Whilst his day''s as a PL striker may slowly be coming to an end he still deserves the upmost respect from every single Norwich city supporter.

Even if he never scores another goal for city I will always fu*king love Grant Holt! I just hope this isn''t the note that his NCFC career ends on.[/quote]

I hope we cut adrift...not getting any younger and overinflated (pardon the pun) at this level! Eight goals this season for our main striker...sadly not good enough...whatever system we happen to play.  We will be soon entering into our third season of top flight football and we need to be dramatically improving not only the first team but the squad as well and relegating this guy back into the Championship or the Scottish league!

8 goals.. one more than Crouch, Carroll, Weimann and Jelavic managed

8 goals.. the same number as Cisse, Walters, Torres and Long managed.

8 goals.. only 3 less than Kone, Fletcher, Defoe, Tevez, Giroud and Podolski managed.

8 goals.. only 4 less than Aguero and Rooney managed.