Sign in to follow this  
king of latvia

going up ?

matty left because he wasnt given a another year this sends signs that worthington doesnt belive we will not go straight back  up.

what do you think.

come on you yellows

[quote]matty left because he wasnt given a another year this sends signs that worthington doesnt belive we will not go straight back up. what do you think. come on you yellows[/quote]

I dont think so, but I was disapopinted to read that an extra year wasnt offered. I think though this might say more about Worthy''s plan for Matty - by the end of next year Matt probably wouldnt be getting regular starts, and as we dont know whether we''d be going up or not, he might have wanted to look at repcaing Svennson then anyway so the extra year might not be a risk he wanted to make. By then Matt would be two years older and if we were going up I think Worthy would want someone a bit younger

Worthy is not the negative type of person, i myself meeting him in person can see that even at 6-0 to Fulham, yes he would be angry, yes dissapointed, but negative? no.

There is no way this is true, no way.

If worthy doesnt believe it then how are we? total rubbish

I don''t believe that at all.  At the end of the day what has Sven actually done to deserve another year on his contract?  He''s our third choice striker and isn''t in the position to ask for an extention.  If we go up again Nige will be looking for bigger and better players than Sven to keep us up.  It was either let him go for 100k now or nothing next year

You''re not going to give a player another year on good money if they have had a history of injury problems. Matt was a quality player on his day, we did ok to get some money for him and it hopefully gives a chance to the likes of Jarvis to come through

[quote]I don''t believe that at all. At the end of the day what has Sven actually done to deserve another year on his contract? He''s our third choice striker and isn''t in the position to ask for an extentio...[/quote]

bigger and better who would you say nigel would buy if we go up. dd ?

[quote]bigger and better who would you say nigel would buy if we go up. dd ?[/quote]

Anyone who is Prem quality King.  I didn''t think Sven was.  We showed we have the balls to spend a bit of money by getting Deano.  If we go up I''d hope we''d do the same; go for young, quality players who will enhance the squad