Sign in to follow this  
St.John Cooper

If you think the new Norwich shirt is bad look at the England one

To be fair, I thought it looked good yesterday, wasnt sure a 1st but really grown on me, even Holty should be happy for this one

Same as above, didnt like it when I saw the photos originally but looked far better in action yesturday (think its the front profile of the shirt I dont like)

Hmmm...not sure. I generally like simplicity in design rather than too much fussy detail, but that does look a little underwhelming.

Supporters can wear the shirt throughout the summer knowing that Norwich have got a 100% win record whilst wearing it....and long may that record continue....

The England shirt is dire.

Not a fan of the England kit at all. Hard to put my finger on why really; there are plenty of people saying it looks too German - and certainly the picture I have seen has the collar looking almost black rather than blue. I prefer England shirts to have a vneck collar, or one of those with a proper actual fold over collar bit. And whilst red perhaps isn''t traditional if you go far enough back, we usually have some element of it nowadays.

It also just doesn''t really look like a football shirt. It looks like a two-for-£12 tee shirt you can get from New Look.

Wow... doesn''t even use the English colours. I''ll stick with the last one.

Took another look If this is serious are we trying to look like Germany, that collar cant be right surely !

It''s basically the Nike kit that New Zealand men''s team used at the Olympics - although the collar has been changed from black to a very dark blue.

Personally I don''t think there should be red on the home kit as the colours are suppose to be white and blue. What isn''t clear is how long this shirt is intended for, will England be wearing this at the World Cup?

I think the retro look is for the FA''s anniversary.

I quite like it, also like ours so maybe im easily pleased!

Some pretty smart marketing on the part of the club, making a fair few thousand City fans look out of date before the season has even ended.I don''t doubt that the green sleeves have been added this season to make it very obvious that you do not have the correct shirt if you do not have one with green on.But that is football and no one is forced to buy a replica shirt

[quote user="City1st"]Some pretty smart marketing on the part of the club, making a fair few thousand City fans look out of date before the season has even ended.I don''t doubt that the green sleeves have been added this season to make it very obvious that you do not have the correct shirt if you do not have one with green on.But that is football and no one is forced to buy a replica shirt

[/quote]
When do shirts go from "out of date" to "retro"? Proton/Lotus, Colmans? Pre-90s? Mine has been out of date for almost a decade now, not sure whether to upgrade or see if I can start the ''retro'' argument!

I''m amazed that no one has recognised the tactical brilliance that is behind our new kit.

As our results faltered earlier this year, Holty was vocal in complaining that the old all yellow kit "made him look fat". Clearly, there''s no way he can possibly lead the line, let alone score goals, when his positive self image was being undermined by the feeling that he looked fat in the all yellow shirt. At moments of extreme pressure his self image was so undermined that he was either unwilling or unable to start matches, or, when he was sent on, was seen to try desperately to get himself sent off so that he could remove the offending all yellow top as soon as possible. And, since Holty is team captain, and the leader of the group, he no doubt spoke for others. With the team''s self image compromised by the all yellow shirt, our slump to a near certain relegation was inevitable.

Fortunately, Hughton / McNally / Delia / Holty at the head of a players'' rebellion (select or delete according to your prejudices) spotted the problem in time. The new kit was designed with green panels down the side, subtly styled to be wider at the bottom than the top with the result that the yellow front panels taper downwards in a subtle but never the less pronounced "V" effect thereby ensuring that the players not only don''t look, or feel, fat, but that they appear as the athletic specimens that they are. Merely recording the video for the new kit lifted morale sufficiently to ensure that we thrashed West Brom, and once they got to actually wear it, the players'' confidence and self image was sufficiently boosted to enable us to win a the Etihad. Get the tracksuit tops right, and our match on the Champions League will be irresistible.

Oh, and the new England shirt is awful. Looks like Germany, and the players will feel fat in it.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

It''s basically the Nike kit that New Zealand men''s team used at the Olympics - although the collar has been changed from black to a very dark blue.

Personally I don''t think there should be red on the home kit as the colours are suppose to be white and blue. What isn''t clear is how long this shirt is intended for, will England be wearing this at the World Cup?

I think the retro look is for the FA''s anniversary.

[/quote]

I know that historically we have always had white and navy blue, but where is the navy blue in the George Cross?  England should play in white and red.  Full stop.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

not if they keep drawing to Montenegro!

I must be one of the only ones that likes it.

Looks retro, and the simple design works well.

We have had some awful kits of late, I mean what was going on with that stupid red collar thing on the last one?

I love the England one. The main difference is the quality of the fit. The England one is a proper fit. The Errea is really cheap, the body is too short and baggy and the neck too tight, its the worst we''ve had for years