Sign in to follow this  
pablofarmer

Attendance figures

BBC have a piece on this years average attendance figures, we are slightly up.

[URL="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-22541130"]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-22541130[/URL]

I think one of the most telling stats to come out of that is that the difference between highest and lowest attendence. Sorted by that we are actually 6th in europe with a difference of only 770, in the Premiership only Arsenal (79), Man Utd (142) and Liverpool (746) are more consistant at filling their stadium than we are!

Also of interest (to me anyway) was the fact that our average attendance had increased by only 66, again showing consistancy, however, 9 teams had had a lower flux in average attendance between this year and last with Dundee United somehow managing to get an identical average attendance despite having a swing between highest and lowest gates of 8,421 (which is just under 1,000 more than their average attendance!)...

I bet they also wish they never sacked Mick, or signed that useless Roger Johnson?!

Hindsight is great, but we at least need to prepare for next summer.

If we are allegedly now debit free, surely we could find £10m for next summer, along with all the high profile signings we won''t make this summer. 

The most telling fact to me is that Wigan only managed a 72% attendance figure - absolutely disgraceful! Wonder what it will plummet to in the Championship?

Interestingly, Aston Villa, with their management style of attacking football only achieved an average 82% attendance..... makes one ponder!

1 more season safe and we definitely should. I think we''d still attract 30k in the championship. It''s not like we''d have to pay it off straight away. Maybe £3m a year for 10 years and if that got us a 35k stadium, we could get that figure back in that time in attendance figures.

Am I right in saying the Jarrold was designed with scope for an upper tier?

As an aside, we should switch the t.v. cameras round to look at the Jarrold.

"As an aside, we should switch the t.v. cameras round to look at the Jarrold."We would then miss all those lovely shots of Delia & Hubby !

"Do we count season ticket holders as "sold" for this sort of thing?  I saw a comment somewhere else that plenty of teams do this to inflate their attendances e.g. Arsenal allegedly"

We''d have attendances is about 5000 if we didn''t, so I think we might.

Some years ago the club gave the attendance as those that actually physically attended the matches but nowadays it is seats sold whether or not the person turns up or not. I am pretty sure that most if not all clubs do exactly the same.

"Maybe £3m a year for 10 years and if that got us a 35k stadium, we could

get that figure back in that time in attendance figures."

eh ?

The current figues are around £400 per person in total gate moneyTo build a new 8000 seat stand to replace the Main Stand has been costed at £20m - the extra 4000 seats would therefore generate £1.6m a season extra, that is if all extra seats are sold for all games and the ticket prices are keptas hig as they.I suspect interest on the £20m would be around 10% ie £2mSo as a very rough ball park figure the club would be susbsidising each new fan (inc away fans) to the tune of £100. Take that £3m figure you quote and that subsidy goes up to around £350 per fan. ..... at that is with all seats being sold and no price reduction to stimulate demand. Any change there, which is most likely and that subsidy goes up further.

ps please explain to us all why with 4000 less seats than what is suggested there were numerous games with empty seats - are we to assume that those empty seats would still remain with a bigger capacity and all the extra 4000 seats woud also be empty ?

[quote]

I mean ST holders who don''t attend a game...are they still counted in the attendance numbers for that game... which apparently teams like Arsenal do, to make their attendances look better.

[/quote]ah. Apologies.

I assume it would be like going to the theatre. If all the seats are sold the house fulls signs go up. If not everybody turns up, that''s not the theatre''s problem, after all they''ve got the cash already! The reason why season tickets are counted as you walk through the gate is for fire regulations.