Sign in to follow this  
ABC (A Basingstoke Canary)

Wonder what the next HOBNOB theory will be?

They seem to be coming thick and fast!

Since achieving 11th spot (our highest position for 20 years - that''s right folks, 20 years!) we have a variety of theories bubbling away! According to some:

Apparently it wasn''t because of CH that we won our last 2 games, it was in spite of him. A selection of "knowledgable" reports emanating from those claiming "to be in the know" have suggested that either:

a) the team rebelled and ignored team orders and management instructions for the WBA game and / or

b) the powers that be at the club told CH that his performance wasn''t good enough and had to change

Really, some people have not only been posting this twaddle, some have even believed them as well, honest, I kid you not, it''s true!

There are those who will slate CH no matter what he does - a case of he''s damned if he does and damned if he doesn''t! Apparently CH does not play "the free flowing football" the fans at Norwich are used to. (Needless to say, they are unable to demonstrate when this brand of flowing football was so prevalent before Mr Lambert arrived!).

Isn''t it about time that the few remaining HOBNOB''s that are still plying their theories, to pack their stalls up and call it a day?

For the sake of clarity, let''s get a few things established as fact:

1) There was no rebellion

2) There was no "executive" intervention

3) CH has not "lost" the dressing room

How can I say that this is fact? Because if any of those scenarios happened, CH would have already left the club - either of his own volition or at the behest of the board. No manager would tolerate a player revolt or boardroom intervention on match days. That neither of these scenarios have happened makes the only logical conclusion to be a HOBNOB theorising fantasy!

"@tomclarke752some bloke on canary call said that the board made hughton change his tactics why we been scoring more is this true?" Rubbish

McNally Tweet.

Mr Mc hasn''t lied to us yet and I see no reason to believe he is now.

Some of the conspiracy theorists on here have been known to suggest that other fans'' lack of support for/faith in the club is damaging. I would venture to suggest that the peddling of such conspiracy theories is somewhat damaging in itself. Please desist.

Fair opinion, however it is a bit of a custard cream disguised as a bourbon.

For clarity the points you claim to be facts are not actually facts are they?

Oh the irony!

[quote user="The gut"]Fair opinion, however it is a bit of a custard cream disguised as a bourbon.

Oh the irony![/quote]

Yes they are! If there had been a dressing room mutiny or McNally had had to step in and override Hughton''s tactics he would be leaving the club. No possible way would any club or manager be able to carry on under those circumstances. So, unless Hughton leaves, this is made up drivel. 

I just think you are an idiot if you believe these rumours, funny how all the players rushed to Hughton after our 3rd goal against WBA despite having allegedly started a revolt against him.....

Has Ruddy moved to Arsenal yet btw? (That was the reason he didn''t play for us at the end of the season, deal was already done with Arsenal you see........)

I think this is the only sensible response n this thread !!! I m losing  the will to read the self opinionated nonsense some of the " multiple " posters   write on here , the word wan*er repeatedly springs to mind .[quote user="The gut"]Fair opinion, however it is a bit of a custard cream disguised as a bourbon.

Oh the irony![/quote]

[quote user="still seats 4849"]

I think this is the only sensible response n this thread !!! I m losing  the will to read the self opinionated nonsense some of the " multiple " posters   write on here , the word wan*er repeatedly springs to mind .[quote user="The gut"]Fair opinion, however it is a bit of a custard cream disguised as a bourbon. For clarity the points you claim to be facts are not actually facts are they? Oh the irony![/quote]

[/quote]

I can''t help but wonder if calling posters wan*kers and your username being invalid could be related?

Do you really take up two seats?

But I believe the meeting did happen [between McNally and Hughton after Villa]... but i think it was...

right, 100% for WBA... all non-essential stuff are cancelled... end of season dinner.. cancelled etc

and that I think is all it was, and that opinion is based on the fact... non-essential stuff like the end of season dinner was cancelled immediately.

I believe McNally is too intelligent to call Hughton into the office and tell him how to manage a football team... I mean crikey... are the people claiming that''s what happened, actually stating a top manager is our CEO ??

"are the people claiming that''s what happened"no, that''s being claimed by those who also claim to have knowledge of what was said between someone they have never met ...... and persons they don''t even know either !it would appear there are making up this sh ite to distract from the previous sh ite they posted - far easier than actually addressing the previous points

you have an understanding which is based on a belief that a meeting happened, soshould you be obliged to outline exactly who you have spoken to in order to form that understanding  - or what it merely supposition on your part based on what is already known ?my understanding of the cancellation of the various events was that ''they don''t want us having a few and talking to the fans'' - pretty much verbatim from a very close source, however that is only his view of things as at no point did he say that either Hughton, McNally or any club official etc had stated that factfor my part I know what I was told  and it is fairly obvious that the sentiment behind the words were expressed elsewhere by others to others - hence the media picking up on it (Radio Norfolk at that) otherwise we shall have to see what follows

[quote user="City1st"]"are the people claiming that''s what happened"my understanding of the cancellation of the various events was that ''they don''t want us having a few and talking to the fans'' - pretty much verbatim from a very close source, however that is only his view of things as at no point did he say that either Hughton, McNally or any club official etc had stated that fact   for my part I know what I was told  and it is fairly obvious that the sentiment behind the words were expressed elsewhere by others to others - hence the media picking up on it (Radio Norfolk at that) otherwise we shall have to see what follows[/quote]

Suggest your close source is not trustworthy.   If he is that close to events he should not be passing on tittle tattle to fans, just in case someone takes things that are said and blows them up  into something  "meaningful".  

Whether there was a meeting or not I would find it odd if nothing happened after McNally had tweeted after a poor away performance that he understood fans worries and then Delia went on Anglia saying that when she took over the club the football was a distraction from her kitchen work but now she feels she would be better off in the kitchen when the football was on. 

As one of the HOBNOB massive, I can confirm our latest theory is this:The fact Hughton''s still managing our Club after a Rocky season suggests he''s a Jammy Dodger who should be Viscounting his blessings, but McNally''s a smart Cookie and will soon show Hughton two Fingers if we remain a bunch of Lemon Puffs when aWaferm home.  Maybe RVW will make our forward line All Butter, and we''ll remain in what is the Blue Riband division of British football.

[quote user="Jan van Chopsburg"]As one of the HOBNOB massive, I can confirm our latest theory is this:

The fact Hughton''s still managing our Club after a Rocky season suggests he''s a Jammy Dodger who should be Viscounting his blessings, but McNally''s a smart Cookie and will soon show Hughton two Fingers if we remain a bunch of Lemon Puffs when aWaferm home.  Maybe RVW will make our forward line All Butter, and we''ll remain in what is the Blue Riband division of British football.

[/quote]

if it''s a crumb of comfort to you JVC it just proves you can have your cake and eat it.

"Suggest your close source is not trustworthy.   If he is that close to

events he should not be passing on tittle tattle to fans, just in case

someone takes things that are said and blows them up  into something 

"meaningful". 

The evidence was there on the pitch.These are footballers. No footballer has spoken about events on and off the pitch before ? (dear me, what a sheltered life you live)How much this has any meaning, can perhaps be judged by the replies on here.As to elsewhere I can state categorically that the media picked up on this from other(s). They certainly felt it was ''meaningful''. Why would that be ?And why was the post containing this comment from Hughton after the Everton game - "Once you are 1-0 down and you get back to 1-1, you have to be honest

and say you settle for that. But the lads wanted something different and

showed great drive and determination to get the winner." taken down ?

[quote user="Jan van Chopsburg"]As one of the HOBNOB massive, I can confirm our latest theory is this: The fact Hughton''s still managing our Club after a Rocky season suggests he''s a Jammy Dodger who should be Viscounting his blessings, but McNally''s a smart Cookie and will soon show Hughton two Fingers if we remain a bunch of Lemon Puffs when aWaferm home.  Maybe RVW will make our forward line All Butter, and we''ll remain in what is the Blue Riband division of British football.[/quote]That takes the biscuit Chops and proves you''re completely Crackers. [;)]

So we are now to believe this ''rebellion'' started on/before Everton, rather than Villa? Moving goaosts much? It Didn''t last long given how poor we were at Wigan and Stoke not long after!!!

Fact is, Hughton''s comment was perfectly reasonable: after equalising late on you would generally settle for a draw, but we still went for a win. I imagine the thread was removed for other crap posted on it....

[quote user="City1st"]"Suggest your close source is not trustworthy.   If he is that close to

events he should not be passing on tittle tattle to fans, just in case

someone takes things that are said and blows them up  into something 

"meaningful". 

The evidence was there on the pitch.  These are footballers. No footballer has spoken about events on and off the pitch before ? (dear me, what a sheltered life you live) How much this has any meaning, can perhaps be judged by the replies on here. As to elsewhere I can state categorically that the media picked up on this from other(s). They certainly felt it was ''meaningful''.  Why would that be ? And why was the post containing this comment from Hughton after the Everton game - "Once you are 1-0 down and you get back to 1-1, you have to be honest

and say you settle for that. But the lads wanted something different and

showed great drive and determination to get the winner." taken down ?[/quote]

The evidence has been there all season. Evidence that the team and manager are working together.   Of course players talk about what goes on.  What is sad is that  their "words" get transformed in meaning the further away they get from the source.  The Everton quote was revealing nothing execpt that Hughton was impressed with the committment of his players to get a winner.   After being 1-0 down, a draw would have been acceptable and lets not forget Hughton is learning about the club and players all the time. Its part of the process in a difficult season for him and us.Really, the way some people try to create division from "hearsay" is risible.  And to say that  media are interested in "hearsay" is just like saying the Pope is a Catholic. 

Our old shirts take the biscuit, although not everyone likes our new kit kat!

[quote user="lappinitup"]
That takes the biscuit Chops and proves you''re completely Crackers. [;)]
[/quote]

Jacobs crackers i assume Lapp ? [:P]