Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Jacksons next venture?

Mid-table Championship team at best, but I actually think he might be better suited over in the US/Canada.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Mid-table Championship team at best, but I actually think he might be better suited over in the US/Canada.[/quote]

Did quite well for a promotion chasing team not so long ago...........................

9 goals in the last 8 games of our promotion to the EPL season, I would hope to see him play in a successful championship team, rules out our neighbours!

The loam move to Brighton earlier this season collapsed for whatever reason, although it seems likely to be from Simeon''s end considering the timing over the intentional fixtures, so not sure whether he''d go there. Reckon he could do well for a team like Forest.

Brighton is a good shout, I think he''d do well there. Or possibly Palace if they don''t go up, with Murray possibly out for a large chunk of next season

Hopefully he''ll get a nice fat contract and lots of games wherever he lands.

If he doesn''t get picked up right away (I''d be surprised) he''ll be playing for me in one of my lower league FM ventures that''s for sure.

Two of my Forest-supporting mates said they would take Jackson, Tierney and Ward in the blink of an eye on frees. I''d be surprised if they don''t all end up certainly at top half championship clubs, Jackson probably even a promotion-hunting side.

I really hope he lands in a nice spot that suits him - probably as others have said at a top half Champs team. He''s a thoroughly nice bloke and deserves to be successful, which I''m sure he will be wherever he ends up.

If i was ipswich I would jump at the chance for him. Would be a massive upgrade on what they have now. Chopra?! Indians number 1 striker!

HA, im sure Ipswich would want him.... But I think Jackson is head off to progress his carrer not take 3 steps back. He could be in with a shout for a blackpool or even Crystal Palace who will need to replace Zaha and cant rely on the injured Murry!

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Indy_Bones"]Mid-table Championship team at best, but I actually think he might be better suited over in the US/Canada.[/quote]Did quite well for a promotion chasing team not so long ago...........................[/quote]Why is it that all the Jackson fans pounce on an 8 game purple patch to justify his ability (3 of which were against a 10 man Scunthorpe side who were already 3-0 down), but blindly ignore the 20 game run before it where he scored ZERO?He''s not even looked close to good enough across 2 seasons in the prem (much like he didn''t across the majority of the Championship season), but suddenly he''s become a top class signing who''s good enough for any promotion chasing side in the Champ...I liked the guys attitude and commitment, but these sort of overstatements about his ability are just getting silly - he''ll be joining Holt at Inter Milan before too much longer...

I''m not sure whether top class signing for a promotion chasing Championship side is necessarily true Indy, but the fact he is on a free and probably wouldn''t want ridiculously high wages leads me to think a top 8 or so championship club will more than happily take him as a second striker. I''m not sure they''d be able to get too many other strikers as good as him on a free, even if he isn''t quite as good as sometimes made out on here.

According to the local paper here in Nottingham, Forest are interested in him.

Also they''re looking to sign Ward permanently, but it sounds like other Champ clubs are also interested so not a done deal yet.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

According to the local paper here in Nottingham, Forest are interested in him.

Also they''re looking to sign Ward permanently, but it sounds like other Champ clubs are also interested so not a done deal yet.

[/quote]

Would have thought Ward will have a fair few offers in. Very good ball playing centreback for Championship level and was a big part of our promotion campaign.

I''m sure Jackson won''t be short of offers either.