Sign in to follow this  
Redders Right Foot

Jeff on canary call

Wants Hughton sacked. After putting three past the most expensively assembled team on the planet, in their back yard.

He said we should sack Hughton and appoint Di Matteo and Mike Phelan as his number two (despite never working together and being at Utd), Rudolf Hucker a good shout?

He called a few weeks ago apparently, asking for hughton out.

they told him to call back at the end of the season, and he did so.

still asking for hughtons head. saying he has been telling howson to not move beyond the half way line, and that is why we were losing.

the only reason we started winning is because the board had a huge go at him, and the backroom staff have taken over and hughton has done nothing.

the reason he knows this for a fact, is because he knows someone at the club.

even though he was talking to someone who played for the club and probably knows a lot more people at the club than him...

And he reckons we''ve only been attacking in the last couple of weeks because the Board have given Hughton a rollicking.  Jeff knows this for a fact as he knows a sports psychologist at the club.  Yawn. 

And he''d like di Matteo as manager with Phelan as assistant.  He doesn''t seem to quite understand that even if he got his wish and di Matteo  were appointed Roberto might just want to pick his own assistant. 

He wants Hughton sacked. The only reason we stayed up was because the board kicked him up the backside 2 weeks ago. Howson was told to play defensively, that''s why he was rubbish earlier in the season.

He knows all this because he knows a sports psychologist at the club.

He wants Di Matteo as (a superb attacking) manager & Phelan as coach.

He said all this with righteous authority & complete certainty.

He is either a knowledgeable, far seeing football guru with extensive insider info, or someone answering Ricardo''s description.

My money''s on the latter.

i think, by reading this, the canary call "Contestant" has been at the sherry this afternoon.he should write a book, bet you all anything it would be a best seller with a fantastic imagination like that.

Apart from saying ''I know someone in the club'' part. That was completely wrong

But, I think he''s 100% right. And if the last 2 results were different. You''d all be saying the same thing.

At the end of the day, he was voicing his opinion which is what this forum, and canary call are for! How immature of some on here to call him names just because his view differs from yours! . I too have been calling for Hughtons head as the run we''ve been on in 2013 has been pretty shocking. However I''m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, as the last two games have shown we are capable of better.

"At the end of the day, he was voicing his opinion which is what this forum, and canary call are for! How immature of some on here to call him names just because his view differs from yours! . I too have been calling for Hughtons head as the run we''ve been on in 2013 has been pretty shocking. However I''m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, as the last two games have shown we are capable of better."

He wasn''t just voicing an opinion. It sounds like he''s made up scurrilous rumours to back up his position, which is absolutely indefensible.

How anyone can call for his head when the team have finished higher than last season is beyond me, but to do so in such a fashion is unbelievably low.

I can only comment on the posts on here as i did not listen to Canary Call, but it would be foolish to dimiss all of Jeffs claims - albeit I would think they are second hand (at best) rather than some contact at the club.There was some sort of ''turning point'' before the WBA game and what I heard has merely been confirmed elswhere by someone I trust, when talking about such matters. I have no idea what has been said by the board and have not heard anything that has been attributed to any board members, however it does appear that quite a few players have been unhappy for somewhile with the tactics on matchdays and this came to a head with the position the team were in after the Villa game.I doubt very much that Chris Hughton would have done a complete about face with regard to tactics before that game, as that would have been an admittance of ''failure, so maybe it was just the players deciding to take matters into their own hands. There''s not much else I can say bar that this seems to have reached certain quarters of the media, which might explain the appearance of Holt on Talkshite, the release of details of the teams bonuses (something never done before) and maybe the way Hughton was picked out today just after we scored to show a face showing no emotion whatsoever. Whether more comes out, who can know ? The club is normally good at keeping a lid on these sort of things, but certainly someone/persons is/are briefing the media. Maybe if we knew why then things might be a bit clearer.Interesting days ahead methinks

ps to clarify I am not calling for Hughton to be sacked, nor would I want Poyet, Poyet/Phelan appointed either

[quote user="QHcanary"]"At the end of the day, he was voicing his opinion which is what this forum, and canary call are for! How immature of some on here to call him names just because his view differs from yours! . I too have been calling for Hughtons head as the run we''ve been on in 2013 has been pretty shocking. However I''m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, as the last two games have shown we are capable of better." He wasn''t just voicing an opinion. It sounds like he''s made up scurrilous rumours to back up his position, which is absolutely indefensible. How anyone can call for his head when the team have finished higher than last season is beyond me, but to do so in such a fashion is unbelievably low.[/quote]

He''s just a wind-up merchant.

[quote user="City1st"]I can only comment on the posts on here as i did not listen to Canary Call, but it would be foolish to dimiss all of Jeffs claims - albeit I would think they are second hand (at best) rather than some contact at the club.

There was some sort of ''turning point'' before the WBA game and what I heard has merely been confirmed elswhere by someone I trust, when talking about such matters.

I have no idea what has been said by the board and have not heard anything that has been attributed to any board members, however it does appear that quite a few players have been unhappy for somewhile with the tactics on matchdays and this came to a head with the position the team were in after the Villa game.

I doubt very much that Chris Hughton would have done a complete about face with regard to tactics before that game, as that would have been an admittance of ''failure, so maybe it was just the players deciding to take matters into their own hands.

There''s not much else I can say bar that this seems to have reached certain quarters of the media, which might explain the appearance of Holt on Talkshite, the release of details of the teams bonuses (something never done before) and maybe the way Hughton was picked out today just after we scored to show a face showing no emotion whatsoever. Whether more comes out, who can know ? The club is normally good at keeping a lid on these sort of things, but certainly someone/persons is/are briefing the media. Maybe if we knew why then things might be a bit clearer.

Interesting days ahead methinks

ps to clarify I am not calling for Hughton to be sacked, nor would I want Poyet, Poyet/Phelan appointed either
[/quote]

Are you Jeff in disguise?

Its extraordinary that CH has guided us to our best league position for 20 years, yet there are still some who want him sacked. That is unbelievable.

I cant imagine the board interviened..no

Theres been a few games this season where we have played good stuff and should really have won more comfortably than we did e.g both Sunderland and Reading at home we were 2-0 up and pushing for a third, only to concede and spend the rest of the game holding on nervously

Im looking forward to next season, with Hughton at the helm

Yeah - the turning point was Ruddy returning, giving the defence the confidence to go forwards and support the midfield