Sign in to follow this  
Who killed the Croutons

'The Future'

Looking at Saturdays Pink Un, there was an artists impression of the what the hotel development will look like between Barclay and South Stand from around the Clarence Harbour . Does anyone know what the plan is for the back of the hotel i.e. facing the pitch? Is it infill seating or Exec boxes. Obviously most would hope its he former.....
p.s. top result Sat, I was thinking Lou Reed''s ''Perfect Day'' yesterday, hope theres a few more!!

Good question.

I''m not sure if there is going to be any seats as what I have read previously is that this corner will be used for emergency access to the pitch etc so I think there is going to be a large tunnel there.

Whether we''ll end up with some seats in that corner - and/or a large TV screen - and/or executive boxes - and/or some of the hotel rooms overlooking the pitch I guess only time will tell.

Cheers NMTD. Just spoken to a fellow canary fan at work who recently went on a tour of CR. His opinion was that we could have a set-up akin to Bolton''s Reebok Stadium who we think have some rooms facing the pitch and apparently they are treated a little like exec boxes in that 10-12 people can be invited to watch the game by the residential guests. Quite how this works lord only knows, I can imagine all kinds of scenarios but I''ll leave that for now!!

I know at the west ham hotel, they use the rooms looking over the pitch as normal on non matchdays. And turn them into exec boxes for buisinesses to hire out on matchdays. what ever they do will be a boost for the club. It''s so nice to see we have a great set up at Carrow Road. hopefully one to take us up. Fingers and everything else crossed. OTBC

I really hope they manage to include some seats in front of the hotel-we need as many as we can get! I think its likely that they will, as the idea of a concrete wall at each end of the Barclay+South stands sounds pretty ridiculous+ wouldnt make sense if they wanted rooms/exec.boxes overlooking the pitch.

1800 hundred seats in the River-end infill+say 500 in front of the hotel would take capacity up to around 28,000 which would be much better given the huge demand for tickets, and would make Carrow Rd a pretty damn impressive stadium!

I went to the public display at CR to view the hotel proposals last year. The plans are for the back of the hotel (side nearest the pitch) to run in line with the executive boxes in the Barclay end for about 15 metres. It will then turn in one change of direction to meet up with the back of the ''New Stand''. When I quizzed the designers/ hotel operators on the following points:

1. Will there be any seats placed in the gap between the pitch and the hotel, and
2. Will there be any facilities to turn the bedrooms overlooking the pitch into corporate facilities on matchdays,

I got the following replies:

1. No. The gap will be used as a service area for deliveries/ collections of laundry, food, rubbish etc as well as providing an emergency access point. Despite me trying to explain that the hotel could still be serviced underneath a rake of seats with a tunnel to provide emergency access they worryingly could not grasp the idea,
2. No. The hotel operator stated that there would be enough corporate facilities in the ground without the need to use the hotel.

I personally feel that the club are missing a great chance to complete the development of the ground in this corner. Fair enough, if the club are to gain some additional income through the hotel development BUT I think they should be putting in a tier of seats as the city stand infills and also look into the hospitality issue of the bedrooms on matchdays.

What do others think?

I am fearing that the ground may look a little daft with an infill in one corner and a hotel in the other.

The ground won''t look very balanced!!

Can''t the hotel be built on to the back of the Barclay so we could have a corner infill the same as the river end one?