Sign in to follow this  
Reykjavik Canary

Should we sign Gary Jones from Bradford

Think he''d fit the bill for us. He''s a wily midfielder can tackle (unlike Paul Scholes) and pass.

Think he''d fit the bill for us. He''s been the rock in Bradfords amazing season. Two Wembley journeys feel like he could be a good DM-CM for us next season if we''re gonna try and stay up and go on some cup runs.

Jesus, the season hasn''t ended and I''m already bored of these ridiculous suggestions. This is probably the most ridiculous so far.

[quote user="NorthWalesCanary"]He''s 35....[/quote]

Point being?

Ryan Giggs is 39. David James is 42. You''ve got loads of guys still playing top level football at all kinds of ages. 35 is not much nowadays. And he''s a right level bloke who''s been there done that knows what the game is about.

I think he''d also not be on ver high wages in Bradford so we should be able to afford him without breaking the bank or unsettling the squad.

Just Wow!! Really am speechless about this suggestion. Maybe we should look at the Northern Premier or Scottish League 2.

Who was that really massive bloke who came on as a Northampton sub? We should sign him to settle any dressing room disputes or bad behaviour. No pigs'' heads at Carrow Road v

I''m has asked Dave MacNally about this rumour on twitter he''s not dismissed it. Could be coming in as a a player/coach, especially since he knows some of the lads at our scuad

"Reykjavik Canary"Akinfewa. I doubt we''d be able to afford his wages.

As a long running thread suggested, we don''t do shirts in his size anyway.

Didn''t realise that Reykjavik was another name for Ipswich.......

[quote user="Reykjavik Canary"][quote user="NorthWalesCanary"]He''s 35....[/quote]

Point being?

Ryan Giggs is 39. David James is 42. You''ve got loads of guys still playing top level football at all kinds of ages. 35 is not much nowadays. And he''s a right level bloke who''s been there done that knows what the game is about.

I think he''d also not be on ver high wages in Bradford so we should be able to afford him without breaking the bank or unsettling the squad.[/quote]...I never realised that the old fourth division was classed as top level football!

Sign him up on Football Manager and let us know how it goes [Y]

Oh come on guys.. the OP is clearly winding you up! I l must admit.. now we''ve had a good season finale, smiles on all faces, I welcome these kinds of posts...its good to laugh! Akinfenwa though? Id spend my own pocket money and get the Mrs to make an XXXXXXXL shirt to get the beast here!

Jesus. I''m sorry but this has to be said. Why do you all respond to a bloke sitting in his bedroom pretending to be from Wymondham, sorry, Iceland and expect him to go away? Mind you, there is probably an Iceland in Wymondham. I know there is a very nice Waitrose. But I digress.

Perhaps I''ll join in. Should we sign Eusebio? Hes was on the telly the other night?

If I didn''t have to trawl through post after post of this shi###te , this board might be slightly more interesting.