Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Lawro's end of season table

Interesting that in the main ''his'' final table isn''t that far off from reality - though I''m thinking that any one of us could get the top 7-8 fairly closely. Going through game by game, rather than just picking out finishing places, does possibly make it harder(?).

QPR 8th with 56pts is his most woeful prediction; Swansea and Villa he had in the relegation slots...we were 16th.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22596125

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Interesting that in the main ''his'' final table isn''t that far off from reality - though I''m thinking that any one of us could get the top 7-8 fairly closely. Going through game by game, rather than just picking out finishing places, does possibly make it harder(?).

QPR 8th with 56pts is his most woeful prediction; Swansea and Villa he had in the relegation slots...we were 16th.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22596125[/quote]Hardly difficult when he picks his results out week by week. It''s easy then to adjust for any mistakes and make your final table look like reality.Lets see him predict an entire season in advance.

Looking through his predictions I have to say that it''s totally ludicrous. He has 9 teams getting under 40 points, something thats never happened in Premiership history. The highest number ever was 7 but quite often it is as low a 2 or 3. This shows how he over estimates the chances of the big teams and under estimates the smaller teams.I notice he puts us on 23 defeats which is the 3rd worst when in reality 10 teams lost more games than us. Anybody with any sense would have realised by Xmas that his assessment was way off beam. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

If you read the text, it says he predicted 15 defeats on the trot for saints at one point!

It might be interesting to see how we''d do, week-by-week,tbh I doubt we''d do too much worse....

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]If you read the text, it says he predicted 15 defeats on the trot for saints at one point!

It might be interesting to see how we''d do, week-by-week,tbh I doubt we''d do too much worse....[/quote]

Do the BBC predictor just before the season starts Branston. You will have a fair idea of team strengths by then. I finished 1 point out on NCFC but have to admit I over estimated QPR by a fair margin but was not alone in that mistake. I also over estimated W.Ham,Villa and Newcastle by 10 points and  under estimated Southampton and Swansea by a similar margin. Pretty close with the rest though and got 6 of top 7 in correct order.

I noticed how towards the end of the season he started predicting us to win every home game to boost us up the table as he messed up massively at the start!

Blimey Ricardo doing the predictor for a whole season must have taken a chunk out of your day.