Sign in to follow this  
ricky knight

Carlton Cole released, worth a punt.................

You must have known the answer before you even asked the question.........No, no, no, no, no, etc.

No thanks, he may have had "it" sometime in the past, but he has lost it now - hence Wet Spam letting him go for free.

I dont think he is as bad are some are making out...and had we gone down would have been a sound acquisition on a free....BUT, we are now amazingly looking for better than Carlton Cole which is testimony to how far our great club has come in such a short space of time.

No put simply we should be looking at better players than Carlton Cole, and we can certainly better value (in terms of wages) elsewhere. We are looking at players to improve the first XI, not just the squad.

He might be like Jason Scotland - 20 goals in the Championship, then 1 in the Premier League.A few years ago, I''d have given him a chance but not at 29.

He''s long term injured, remember when he was due to join Liverpool and it fell through? I expect he''ll end up at Palace or Watford on a pay per play deal, depends who wins the play off.

Not for me - not even as 4th choice striker.   But if hughton choses to sign him I can think of much worse.

Better value elsewhere