Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Ipswich

Honest question, would you like them to join us in the Prem.Now before you call me mad... The thing I miss most about the Championship has got to be derby days.Yes it''s great beating United, City, Arsenal etc... but in my opinion there is nothing like a good old East Anglian Derby.Liverpool vs Everton, Newcastle vs Sunderland. Villa vs West Brom, Arsenal vs Spurs vs Chelsea. United vs City. United vs Liverpool and now Swansea vs Cardiff. They all just have that extra something about them. My particular favourite being the Tyne and Wear derby which always features a lot of goals, drama and cards.Sure it''s great having banter with Ipswich fans at work / school / uni. We talk about our future, they remind us of their past, but surely I''m not the only one who misses those 2 very special games each season?

Yep! Would add two games onto the fixture list that i''d be looking forward to for weeks (as long as we win).

Many will still see them as the thieving scum who are only in exsitence through having ''robbed'' local traders and defruaded the taxman.As to them being in the PL for that reason if nothing else, noPlaying them again I''m sure we can survive without them. This need to play them is I would suggest only an obsession with a much younger generation.For the rest they are where they are, and we are where we are so leave it at that.

[quote user="City1st"]Many will still see them as the thieving scum who are only in exsitence through having ''robbed'' local traders and defruaded the taxman.As to them being in the PL for that reason if nothing else, noPlaying them again I''m sure we can survive without them. This need to play them is I would suggest only an obsession with a much younger generation.For the rest they are where they are, and we are where we are so leave it at that.

[/quote]Couldn''t agree more.They are of no concern to me other than to note their annual struggle with avoiding League 1.

[quote]Ex-director blames Mick McCarthy for Wolves'' woeFormer Wolves director Kevin Threlfall today lifted the lid on the Molineux meltdown and laid some blame for relegation to the third tier at Mick McCarthy’s door.The multi-millionaire Wolves supporter served under both Sir Jack Hayward and current owner Steve Morgan in a two-year stint.And today offers a rare insight into the behind-the-scenes decision-making which have played a key role in the team’s fall from grace.Astonishingly, Threlfall claims the board were “frightened” of former boss McCarthy and didn’t question enough his choice of in-coming transfers.Threlfall said: "Mick would decide who he wanted to buy and the rest of the board would have absolutely no input in the process."The best we could ever get out of him was ‘he will do us a job.’ We were always operating on Mick’s word, there was no due diligence on these players and we have paid the price."I’m afraid a lot of the blame for where we are now lies at Mick’s door.”[/quote]Let''s Hope McCarthy can work his magic at 1p5wich. He would become a Norwich City legend if he sent both the gold and the blue scum into oblivion. [:D]

No, well at least not yet, maybe 5 years down the line just for one season. Id love to get them in the Cup though, all of the fun of the derby and not because of Ipswich having much success!

[quote user="birchfest"]No, well at least not yet, maybe 5 years down the line just for one season. Id love to get them in the Cup though, all of the fun of the derby and not because of Ipswich having much success! [/quote]They''d probably injure Wolfswinkel

Much rather see the bitter jealous scum tw*ts down in L1 where they belong or even lower preferably. Thought this was to be the year but wasn''t to be unfortunately. Plenty of time however.

This has been asked a few times over the last couple of years.

I am 500% in agreement with City1st. Apart from all the many negatives I could offer against that lot ''darn the rowd'' I have people close to me who suffered when they went off the cliff with Sheepshanks parachute. Typical of their luck, it all happened before the points/fine ruling came into play.

I never want to see them in the same division. As another thread has suggested, let''s develop another ''local'' derby. I vote Villa :-)

Alan Brazil says pay cuts are in the offing for all the paupers at Poorman Rd.[:D]

No. From time to time I stumble across another news update of doom and gloom from that club but I take no satisfaction from it ahahha ....ahahahahahahahaha no satisfaction from  it at all ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.I know a few scummers and the way the tables have turned these past few years has been f*cking delicious.

It''s not likely to happen while the current muppet is running the club. They are more likely to join colchester (or even southend) than us.

They don''t need to be promoted we just need to get them in the cups a few times.

[quote user="City1st"]Many will still see them as the thieving scum who are only in exsitence through having ''robbed'' local traders and defruaded the taxman.As to them being in the PL for that reason if nothing else, noPlaying them again I''m sure we can survive without them. This need to play them is I would suggest only an obsession with a much younger generation.For the rest they are where they are, and we are where we are so leave it at that.

[/quote]Couldn''t have put it better myself.

I don''t know, six easy points in the premier league is nothing to be scoffed at :)

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]This has been asked a few times over the last couple of years.

I am 500% in agreement with City1st. Apart from all the many negatives I could offer against that lot ''darn the rowd'' I have people close to me who suffered when they went off the cliff with Sheepshanks parachute. Typical of their luck, it all happened before the points/fine ruling came into play.

I never want to see them in the same division. As another thread has suggested, let''s develop another ''local'' derby. I vote Villa :-)[/quote]

I don''t think this side of things has been fully brought out into the open.From personal knowledge Sheepshanks gave his own assurance that an invoice would be honoured - he had, just before Xmas, got up on his hindlegs and told the dimwitted multitudes at the binners AGM that there eres no financial problems.Any chairman shouldm and wouldm have known the clubs accounts and cashflows, and so would have known that he was lying. Likewise when not paying the NI contributions and PAYE, knowing full well that the money was being misappropriated,If this gamble had paid off then it would have beeen lauded as wonderful old ipswich showing ambition (whilst their silly neighbours were actiully paying their debts. Well it didn''t pay off and an awful lot of folk outside of their club ended up being cheated - maybe why thee is still so little local sponsorship.On that basis they are still way above their weight in league status and the suggestion that they should be in the PL solely to play two games against us is as absurd as it is an insult to those defrauded by this grubby little club.

There was talk of a ''charity game'' being played at poorman road with City sending down a Norwich City X1 as they do with other pre-season friendlies at smaller clubs - Fakenham, Dereham etcHowever I think the paupers were expecting the ''first team'' and weren''t going to be sastified with a few ''development squad'' players and the U18''S parading their FA Cup - so it appears it''s a no go. More so now they''ve dug up their pitch and chucked a few packets of Wilko''s miracle growth seed down in the hope they might have a pitch by the start of the season.So if there is to be a game it will have to be at Carrow Road which may mean not so much money is thrown into the blankets when they are taken round, but I''m sure if the club sets the ticket price at a fair level we can raise a fair bit for our impoverished neighbours.Would have to be after the USA tour though.

[quote user="City1st"]There was talk of a ''charity game'' being played at poorman road with City sending down a Norwich City X1 as they do with other pre-season friendlies at smaller clubs - Fakenham, Dereham etcHowever I think the paupers were expecting the ''first team'' and weren''t going to be sastified with a few ''development squad'' players and the U18''S parading their FA Cup - so it appears it''s a no go. More so now they''ve dug up their pitch and chucked a few packets of Wilko''s miracle growth seed down in the hope they might have a pitch by the start of the season.So if there is to be a game it will have to be at Carrow Road which may mean not so much money is thrown into the blankets when they are taken round, but I''m sure if the club sets the ticket price at a fair level we can raise a fair bit for our impoverished neighbours.Would have to be after the USA tour though.[/quote]Let''s hope the haven''t disturbed the undersoil heating! [;)]

I''d like them to hit league 1. so many of them bring that up still (they also mention how they''''ve never been there, but I do believe they have hit the third tier before?)

but then I''d like to see them become an up-and-down side in the prem, while we stay there consistently. 2 games every 2 seasons is enough to hold me over.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]A big,big no from me. Blue Sq would be too good for them. [:@][/quote]

Oh I don''t know Til, the shame for them alone would give me great joy.

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]I''d like to see them become an up-and-down side in the prem, while we stay there consistently. 2 games every 2 seasons is enough to hold me over.[/quote]While every binner in the land is desperately praying for us to be relegated sooner rather than later, you are hoping they''ll be promoted. I don''t get it. [:S]