Sign in to follow this  
Mervmeister

Chris McCann

Hard a few people mention we are in for him again. Free transfer.

Seen this posted a few times on the web, including today on Eurosport.

Is this the calbre of player we should be going for?

I remember him being quite highly regarded and he has by all accounts refused a new contract rather than been released.

If you believe the rumours a number of PL clubs are after him and one may well be us (as suggested in places), whether its a good signing or not I don''t personally know enough about him other than what I have read and the very occasional game I have seen him play.

I trust Hughton to bring in good players though, so if he wants him, there will be a reason why he thinks he can step up.

He wad due to sign for us last summer, in some sort of part-ex with Chris Martin.However Chris Martin''s refusal to go to Burnley made the moved collapse

A lot of papers just re-hash transfer rumours.

Only 25 and played his entire career at Burnley so far. Not really sure what my thoughts are on this one

As I said on the Harry Arter thread, not all signings we make will be ''big'' scale, there are still decent buys out there (and ''frees'') who will add to our squad depth. CH hasn''t done too badly on transfers so far so if he thinks a guy is worth a punt we should go with it; McCann is a decent player, used to be club captain and is 25 so a good age.

Burnley fans who commented on him leaving seem to be happy with him leaving. Said since injury he been virtually useless. Not good enough for their startin 11 any more according to them. Although apparently before injury he was a top player,

[quote user="Mervmeister"]Burnley fans who commented on him leaving seem to be happy with him leaving. Said since injury he been virtually useless. Not good enough for their startin 11 any more according to them. Although apparently before injury he was a top player,[/quote]
Always take fans views of leaving players with a pinch of salt. According to Leeds fans, every single player we''ve ever brought from them is s**t and not good enough for the premier league. 

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"][quote user="Mervmeister"]Burnley fans who commented on him leaving seem to be happy with him leaving. Said since injury he been virtually useless. Not good enough for their startin 11 any more according to them. Although apparently before injury he was a top player,[/quote]
Always take fans views of leaving players with a pinch of salt. According to Leeds fans, every single player we''ve ever brought from them is s**t and not good enough for the premier league
[/quote]True words if ever I heard them