Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

who will we sign in the close season?

Steven Defour seems to be a name cropping up, or is it just stupid made up guff? Either way, good player and i''de like him at Carra.

Messi (CAM), Ronaldo (RW to give Snodders some competition), Van Persie (to play with RVW), Xavi (Give our midfield a bit of a kick), Bale (Give Pilks and run for his money)

Nathan Redmond will be a target, not sure what that would mean for Elliott Bennett.

I think Gary Hooper remains a target.

Liam Bridcutt from Brighton.

Could see all of the above coming here and think they would be good additions.

Need to aim higher than championship players I think. One or two would be okay but the entire group of signings. Dragovic is a player we should continue to persue. Would love a player like Atsu or Elia on the left wing but not sure how likely that would be.need someone in the mold of Xabi Alonso (obvs not him) to play deep alongside Johnson/Tettey. Olsson would be great comp. at left back. Finally would try and get Gomis for OL in France, great striker.

Row D Seat 7 wrote -

"Nathan Redmond will be a target, not sure what that would mean for Elliott Bennett.

I think Gary Hooper remains a target.

Could see all of the above coming here and think they would be good additions. "

Can''t see us going for any of those as they are not good enough for us.

As Nathan Redmond is under 21, it wouldn''t necessarily mean that Bennett or Surman would have to leave.

It''s hard to tell whether Hooper is still a target after signing RvW, but it might still happen.

Bridcutt has often been mentioned, but is he much better than what we already have in Johnson and Tettey? I''d rather we went for an all-rounder who can tackle and break up play, but also pass effectively and get forward to support the attack. Howson is beginning to show those qualities, but we need another to replace Fox.

Bridcutt is arguably a better passer and a tad younger. No Biglia perhaps but were we ever in for him?

Gomis is a great player but would cost about 10mill. Don''t think we have those kind of funds to play with for just one player unfortunately after splashing the cash on wolfy

It seems that we have been linked with players of a similar ilk - Biglia, Defour and Parker - so it would not surprise me to see a right-sided, cultured DM coming in. This would leave the left side for Howson or, with a change of formation, two more attack minded midfielders.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]It seems that we have been linked with players of a similar ilk - Biglia, Defour and Parker - so it would not surprise me to see a right-sided, cultured DM coming in. This would leave the left side for Howson or, with a change of formation, two more attack minded midfielders.[/quote]

Who''s linked Norwich to Parker? And the Defour was just a made up story by a Twitter ''in the know'' account.

I imagine Norwich will bring in a DM but I doubt it will be any of those 3 players.

redmond, gary hooper, dempsey + a defensive mid, another left back and probably another centre back

will hughes and wilfred bony as well please

Another forward, a left winger and a left back are musts for me. After that it''s up for grabs. What matters to me is that we now sign players of RVW''s quality rather than hope the lower leagues continue to come up trumps.

BYAG wrote - "Who''s linked Norwich to Parker? And the Defour was just a made up story by a Twitter ''in the know'' account.

I imagine Norwich will bring in a DM but I doubt it will be any of those 3 players."

You just stick to Arsenal and Japanese rumours, we''ll worry about the rest.

hi again everyone i only meant it as a joke... i wanted some one from the message board police to slag me off for starting yet another thread about new signings. didn''t expect any serious replies [:$]

Marco van Ginkel, An 20yr old attacking central midfeilder who plays for Vitesse Arnhem. Highly rated in Holland scored 14 and assisted 12. Could be ours for around the 5 mil mark.

I would love us to sign Salih Ucan from Fenerbahce. Won''t happen as they would want in excess of 10 mill for him I would think. 19 years old and breaking into their first team, a real box to box midfielder with unbelievable close control, passing array and scores goals. Oh yeah and he is excellent defensively and pretty quick too. I honestly cant think of a player I would rather see us sign, he is EXACTLY the player we need (but again, will cost too much money for us I expect). Has scored 3 goals in 9 apps in the league for them this season, and got 1 in 7 Europa league apps (worth noting that only 2 or 3 of these apps were starts, most were coming on as sub in the 60-70th minute. They only paid 1.4mill for him a year ago, and have just signed another Turkish starlet so maybe a bid around the 6-7mill mark might tempt them but I would think they would hold out for 10million +. I can honestly see this kid being in the Barca or Real Madrid team within 5 years or so. He is THAT good.
I know youtube vids are much maligned on here, and rightly so, but here''s a quick one just to show what he has in his locker. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Tp4Y4PIOyg

Although Howson''s form at the end of the season is hugely encouraging, another ACM is the most important signing after that of RvW up front. Ucan looks the part, but it would be a huge gamble to pay that much money for a 19 year old who has only played in the Turkish league. Would he settle in culturally here? Would he adapt to the PL style of play? Van Ginkel would be a much smaller risk, IMO, as he would speak English and would be coming in with his fellow Netherlands international, RvW. Neither player would count in the 25 man squad next year, though, so would leave room for further additions.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]BYAG wrote - "Who''s linked Norwich to Parker? And the Defour was just a made up story by a Twitter ''in the know'' account. I imagine Norwich will bring in a DM but I doubt it will be any of those 3 players." You just stick to Arsenal and Japanese rumours, we''ll worry about the rest.[/quote]

No need to get so touchy about it, was just wondering if there was a reported link between Norwich and Parker - I did a search and couldn''t find anything although Parker is probably going to leave Tottenaham this summer.

BYAG wrote - "No need to get so touchy about it, was just wondering if there was a reported link between Norwich and Parker - I did a search and couldn''t find anything although Parker is probably going to leave Tottenaham this summer."

I was not supposed to be how you interpreted it, sorry if it came across like that. I do appreciate your inside info. Can''t remember where I saw the Parker thing but I''m actually hoping it is just a throwaway comment as on reflection I''m not sure we really need him that much (especially for how much he would cost).

I still think the Hooper deal will resurface and go through. 

Curtis Davies and Nathan Redmond from cash strapped Birmingham.

Hopefully and I am sure we will sign British players who can be resold for a future profit.

[quote user="treacletown07"]

Hopefully and I am sure we will sign British players who can be resold for a future profit.

[/quote]I may be completely wrong but I think Hooper has missed the boat. Curtis Davies we no longer need now that Ryan Bennett has proved himself. Bridcut and Redmond unknown quantities at this level and with the excess cash we have then I think we should fish in a bigger pond. I get the impression that the bar has been raised to a different level now.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="treacletown07"]

[/quote]I may be completely wrong but I think Hooper has missed the boat. Curtis Davies we no longer need now that Ryan Bennett has proved himself. Bridcut and Redmond unknown quantities at this level and with the excess cash we have then I think we should fish in a bigger pond. I get the impression that the bar has been raised to a different level now.[/quote]

I agree with your view, but I think we need one "cheap" decent CB and Davies could fit in that role. Ofc need of CB is dependant what we do with Ayala and Barnett.

Other option is ofc keep Russ playing as a 4th CB and mayby buy some promising youth player to cover him and Whittaker at RB slot.

It would need only Bassong, Turner and Whittaker to injure at same time and we might have trouble without at least one signing on CB or RB slot.

I don''t think CH is willing to gamble like Lambert was, Lavanche, so I think we will see another CB (which could possibly be Ayala or Barnett). It may also depend on whether CH signs any under 21 players like Van Ginkel, Maher or Redmond - which would leave space in the squad elsewhere. Like Stratton, I think Diego Capel would be a good signing, especially as he is used to playing with RvW.

Parker was in my opinion probably the best loan player we never signed. If he is leaving Spurs with Hughtons contacts you never know.

Certainly got a few seasons left in him.